Poll: Brunson:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Start
65.22%
30 65.22%
Bench
8.70%
4 8.70%
Trade
26.09%
12 26.09%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
BRUNSON BURNER: to NYK for 4yrs/$104M (no SnT) | NYK docked 2025 2nd for tampering
Dallas has become the laughing stock of the league. It hurts.

Every Brunson post out there has people mentioning how Cuban f'd it all up big time for us. Even some making fun of Luka.

What a frustrating time to be a Mavs fan.. sigh
Like Reply
Honestly it scratches an itch for me because of how much I've come to loath Cuban and his pompous arrogance. 

Maybe he needs hoards of people making fun of him before he gets it through his thick skull that he kind of sucks at running a basketball team.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • ItsGoTime, LifeAquatic
Like Reply
(04-26-2023, 11:54 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Maybe he needs hoards of people making fun of him before he gets it through his thick skull that he kind of sucks at running a basketball team.

Spoiler Alert!

He doubles down
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(04-27-2023, 12:18 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Spoiler Alert!

He doubles down

The perks of narcissism. Life without regret or failure. Cannot wait for his interpretation of the new CBA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(04-26-2023, 11:54 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Honestly it scratches an itch for me because of how much I've come to loath Cuban and his pompous arrogance. 

Maybe he needs hoards of people making fun of him before he gets it through his thick skull that he kind of sucks at running a basketball team.

I doubt it, but he sure will get a lot more of it in the next 3-4 weeks, cause I think the Knicks are going to the East finals.
Like Reply
(04-26-2023, 11:54 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Honestly it scratches an itch for me because of how much I've come to loath Cuban and his pompous arrogance. 

I used to work with a textbook narcissist who always needed to prove he’s the smartest person in the room.  

We were reviewing partnership agreements in a meeting when it was pointed out that he had conflicting language in the documents, documents he prepared himself because he of course understood contract language better than the attorneys.  He never really conceded to that fact and the meeting moved on to other items.  In the next weeks meeting he had added new language to correct the conflict.  Rather than make the correction the way any normal human would, he refused to remove his previous language.  He just added a negative in front of one line which meant the agreements included entirely superfluous language. 

That was all so he could avoid simply saying “yep, you’re right I made a mistake there.  I will get that corrected.”

Cuban will never say that either.  You can’t correct mistakes when you refuse to fully acknowledge them.  That’s how you wind up babbling about the take foul instead of actually looking in the mirror.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 09:53 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I cannot wait to revisit this thread in December when the Knicks are once again out of the playoff race and the Mavs are fine.

It's April 2023 now. 

The Mavs could not even qualify for the play-in tournament in a rundown Western Conference. Luka is depressed. Fans now spend their time on Tankathon praying they remain within the top 10 because this lottery ticket may just be the franchise's last gasp to keep Luka in a Mavs jersey for a third contract.

Mavs lost a good chunk of their assets for a malcontent rental who will walk for nothing unless the Mavs overpay this malcontent well into his mid-30s. Furthermore, the Mavs have several other holes including plethora of wing rotation players, an able big, and someone who can culturally lead the team. 

Meanwhile, the overpaid, overrated, and AWFUL fit next to Luka in Jalen Brunson just led his Knicks team to a convincing 4-1 series win with a puncher's chance to make the NBA Finals. 

Everything is fine.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fuerza1's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(04-28-2023, 02:15 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Everything is fine.

Yeah.  I was off the mark there. Never believed Brunson alone could've been a franchise star to lead someone in the playoffs.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I just want Cuban to either sell the team or trade Luka already because I can't stand cheering for any team owned by him. Absolutely garbage owner and complete moron.
Like Reply
(04-28-2023, 07:00 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Yeah.  I was off the mark there. Never believed Brunson alone could've been a franchise star to lead someone in the playoffs.

Look on the bright side. You shat on the Knicks, Lakers and Kings as morons for months and look where they are now. If you keep up your Cuban rants for another 17 days, we might have Wembanyama or Scoot coming our way. Big Grin Wink
[-] The following 3 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, ItsGoTime, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(04-29-2023, 12:01 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Look on the bright side. You shat on the Knicks, Lakers and Kings as morons for months and look where they are now. If you keep up your Cuban rants for another 17 days, we might have Wembanyama or Scoot coming our way. Big Grin Wink

So what you're implying is that my power to deride actually creates amazing playoff teams? If that's the case the Mavs fucking suck and Cuban has hot air for brains.  Big Grin

(please make this work) 
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • ballsrchr, BigDirk41, ItsGoTime, Mavs2021
Like Reply
What a performance from JB tonight. As good as or better than anything Kyrie could muster. It’s truly sickening as a Mavs fans. Just rank incompetence.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/pti/status/1656776028566478858?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg
Like Reply
https://youtu.be/kIF8zcj_J4Y

https://youtu.be/9GvjIyC4J68
Like Reply
JB is a Leader who keeps his cool and shares the ball. He's easy to root for.
Like Reply
And to make matters even worse we're probably going to throw like $250 million at Kyrie this summer
Like Reply
(05-11-2023, 06:51 PM)LifeAquatic Wrote: JB is a Leader who keeps his cool and shares the ball. He's easy to root for.

What a tremendous accomplishment, getting the Knicks through such a transformation in only year 1. He’s clearly a winner, and underrated as both a player and a leader.
Like Reply
He made some terrible decisions in the closing minutes of the game the Knicks were closed out in but hats off to a good run.
Like Reply