Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.0 pt RAPTOR & 3.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
85.71%
12 85.71%
Raptors
14.29%
2 14.29%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2: DAL (1-1) @ TOR (1-2) | 103-95 win
(10-23-2021, 07:17 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: It´s really so simple. Just play Porzinis as the trailing 3pt shooter. Stop all that post-up and dribble penetration crap. See how far Porzingis was behind the play there, because he went under the opposing basket. That kills our rim-protection. He´s playing hard, he´s making threes. Now cut out all the other dumb sh*t and we might salavge him. Also the rest eh. We so desperately need a PG. Either play *gulp* Burke *gulp*, Ntilikina or start signing some free agents and start with Dunn.

So exactly the way Carlisle used him two years ago, before Powell got hurt, that he hates?

I agree, but...he hates it. So really, the answer was to trade him at LAST SEASON'S tdl. FOR ANYTHING.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • audiosway
Like Reply
Also are we sure Tommy Heinsohn is dead or did he just move to Canada? My gosh that one Raptors announcer is the worst local announcer I have heard in a long time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • embellisher
Like Reply
Thankfully Kidd adjusted and stopped playing two centers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(10-23-2021, 07:33 PM)omahen Wrote: Thankfully Kidd adjusted and stopped playing two centers.

Given the effort by WCS in both games so far, I´d also like to see some Moses Brown.

Nice defense by Bonga. Cry
Like Reply
@"CoachCarlisle" I see you browsing this thread - PLEASE tell us what's wrong with this team!!!
Like Reply
D is SO much better than last year so far....KP looks like a different man on that end most plays.

Luka just looks off and slow to me and I feel like that is compounding the growing pains on the offensive end.
Like Reply
(10-23-2021, 07:43 PM)Kammrath Wrote: D is SO much better than last year so far....KP looks like a different man on that end most plays.

Luka just looks off and slow to me and I feel like that is compounding the growing pains on the offensive end.

When do we have the conversation that Luka might have more Shaq in him than Kobe?
Like Reply
Defense really is much improved. Let´s see whether the offense can catch up eventually. Bench has four points. So far it looks like the guy that has been hurt the most by Carlisle´s exit is Maxi.
Like Reply
(10-23-2021, 08:06 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Let´s see whether the offense can catch up eventually.

It will when Luka starts playing up to his standard.
Like Reply
OMG a coach that trusts his players on a challenge and actually uses it to gain an extra possession. Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • chaparral, dmavs4life03
Like Reply
The D has looked better in spurts, but I wouldn't call it yet. There are plenty of signs of disorganization on that end, too.
Like Reply
Credit to coach Kidd for leaving KP on the bench for both major Dallas runs tonight, including the one to put the game away. Also, 2-3 nice ATO plays. Spacing was bad again to start the game, but they had moments tonight where it was evident that they are at least aware of this problem and addressing it. 

All in all, nice bounceback win, imo.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Mavs2021, omahen
Like Reply
One big lineup for the win. Coach made the right adjustments. Offense looked more similar to last years. Especially when KP was on the bench and Luka/Powell spammed high pick and roll. Leading to better shots. Especially from 3.
Like Reply
DFS +15 (he does so many little things people can't/won't see - I love him so much)

THJ +9 (that will happen when you shoot over 60% from 3)

Kleber +8 (thought he fought really hard in the 2nd half on D)

Bruson +7 (I'm a fan of his, but I can't explain this one - didn't think this was a great game from him at all)
Like Reply
All in all, a nice win.   Very sloppy and a slog at times, but the Mavs wore down a team on the second half of a back to back. 

I thought KP looked good again.  The missed layup was bad, but we can live with that type of play.  Powell for all the hate (at times warranted) shows he can still make plays as a role player.  Hardaway was fantastic (even if he banked in a three).   Luka was a little uneven from peak Luka imo.   Brunson was off today, but I think he is one of our 5 best players, so I am glad he is getting good minutes.   Team played hard today after a lackluster start.    

As I watch this team, I keep on thinking how much better this team would be with one more good player.   A fringe all star/all star type.    I have been saying that for a few years, but with a healthy KP it is really apparent.  

Barnes is going to be good...real good.  Really like what I have seen in two game from him.   In the draft two years ago my two favorites at pick 18 was Maxey and Precious.   Both had up and down rookie season with flashes.   I think Precious would fit really nice with KP.
Like Reply
I liked what I saw on both ends of the court from the team tonight. KP needs to be in constant motion when he is playing with DP. Pairing Maxi with either KP or DP worked really well.
Like Reply
Game Observations

1) Luka still looks off, but looked better when all was said and done.

2) KP on D continues to look GREAT. There were flashes of him on O, so not ready to throw in the towel quite yet.

3) THJ is going to be key in this offense and really stepped up tonight.

4) The bench is going to struggle to score, but have the potential to at least put a strangle-hold on the opposing offense.

5) DFS is much better when his role on offense is very minimal. Still think his minutes are too high.

6) The D looks so incredibly good in bursts. The consistency is not quite there, but I am starting to get excited that once they gel a little more on that end that we will have a playoff-worthy D in DAL for the first time since.....?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply