Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.0 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
77.78%
14 77.78%
Hawks
22.22%
4 22.22%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ ATL (1-0) | 113-87 loss
Like the defense early, but way too much DFS and JB on offense. The ball swung to DFS too often and that lets the defense off the hook. Luka and KP should touch the ball every set before a shot goes up
[-] The following 1 user Likes MangaAfterDark's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(10-21-2021, 09:10 PM)MangaAfterDark Wrote: Like the defense early, but way too much DFS and JB on offense. The ball swung to DFS too often and that lets the defense off the hook

DFS really looks like he is the weak link....this goes back to last year. Especially when he gets to a certain amount of minutes.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • BasketballJones41, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
So glad the mean people that were holding this team back are gone.

(10-21-2021, 09:13 PM)Kammrath Wrote: DFS really looks like he is the weak link....

lets watch him shift the blame to everyone else this year
[-] The following 2 users Like wmffl87's post:
  • audiosway, omahen
Like Reply
(10-21-2021, 09:10 PM)MangaAfterDark Wrote: Like the defense early, but way too much DFS and JB on offense. The ball swung to DFS too often and that lets the defense off the hook. Luka and KP should touch the ball every set before a shot goes up

Throwing out Burke's nine minutes, JB was the only efficient player offensively.
Like Reply
Mavs' offense was ugly.

Mavs' defense was weak.

Mavs' intensity was missing.

I wonder who won.
Like Reply
(10-21-2021, 09:24 PM)F Gump Wrote: Mavs' offense was ugly.

Mavs' defense was weak.

Mavs' intensity was missing.

I wonder who won.

[Image: 200.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • audiosway, wmffl87
Like Reply
(10-21-2021, 09:21 PM)cow Wrote: Throwing out Burke's nine minutes, JB was the only efficient player offensively.

My critique is more about JB's role on the team, as an individual talent, he did fine. The minutes where he was running the show was really bad in the 2nd quarter. Its still early, but you would think that JB has never played with Luka or KP with how difficult it was for him to get them the ball. 

For Offball Luka to work, JB will need to be better as a secondary playmaker, or we need to upgrade that position.
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(10-21-2021, 09:28 PM)MangaAfterDark Wrote: My critique is more about JB's role on the team, as an individual talent, he did fine. The minutes where he was running the show was really bad in the 2nd quarter. Its still early, but you would think that JB has never played with Luka or KP with how difficult it was for him to get them the ball. 

For Offball Luka to work, JB will need to be better as a secondary playmaker, or we need to upgrade that position.

That's par for the course for JB's NBA career.  At this point, he is what he is.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • BasketballJones41, MangaAfterDark
Like Reply
(10-21-2021, 09:32 PM)cow Wrote: That's par for the course for JB's NBA career.  At this point, he is what he is.

Yeah, I know. I was buying into the hype a little, but its probably best to use JB as a trade piece going forward
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(10-21-2021, 09:34 PM)MangaAfterDark Wrote: Yeah, I know. I was buying into the hype a little, but its probably best to use JB as a trade piece going forward

I've always been a little down on Jalen but he impressed me last year.  I'd still look to move him at the deadline as I have no idea what to pay him and he's a little too one dimensional for me to want to invest in any further.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(10-21-2021, 09:13 PM)Kammrath Wrote: DFS really looks like he is the weak link....this goes back to last year. Especially when he gets to a certain amount of minutes.

This highlights what I think is Carlisle’s greatest skill he takes one-dimensional players and finds ways to highlight their best skills while hiding their deficiencies.  This is why guys like Brandon Wright or Yogi go elsewhere and struggle.

DFS is great at spot up shooting and defense.  Ask him to do more and he will not only struggle with what you are asking him to do, but he will also struggle with the things he was formerly doing well because he’s now having to stretch himself beyond his capabilities.

Yes he is controlling but he gets a lot out of the talent he is given.

All of this being said, I’m still pretty pumped about this season and think this is part of the process.  Let’s give it some time.
Like Reply
I wonder how quickly we'll drop Powell and put either JB or Bullock in the starting lineup
Like Reply
Once again, the Brunson hate blows my mind. Do you all get that every coach on the planet says, when the defense is aggressively overplaying you, you have to put the ball on the floor and head to the hole? 

In a game where every single Mav except Jalen absolutely sucked offensively, dude goes 7/13, 3/5, with 3 rbs, 3 assists, and zero TOs. When you’re setting up shooters who can’t hit the broad side of a barn, a 3-0 assist/TO ratio is pretty damn good. When the opponent is jumping passing lanes and free throws are next to impossible to come by, a 3-0 assist/TO ratio is pretty damn good. When the superstars PGs on the court with you boast assist/TO ratios of 7/5 and 14/5, 3-0 is pretty damn good.
Like Reply
(10-21-2021, 09:49 PM)Jym Wrote: I wonder how quickly we'll drop Powell and put either JB or Bullock in the starting lineup

I'm not one to judge after one game, but I've known Dwight was shit for like 6 years now so yeah get rid of him
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(10-21-2021, 09:18 PM)wmffl87 Wrote: This post has been deleted.

DFS is the primary reason that Trey had a sucky game tonight (6/16 from the field, 5 TOs). Bench him and the Hawks score another 15.
Like Reply
(10-21-2021, 10:32 PM)wmffl87 Wrote: Its espns fault

I think a lot of things blow your mind.

Give us more thoughts for me to poop on

JS?

No, you're not going to harass posters.
[-] The following 2 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • Kammrath, wmffl87
Like Reply
Cool story bro. You think the guarding Luka has the same narrative? No caue you’re a be dumbass

(10-21-2021, 10:46 PM)fifteenth Wrote: JS?

No, you're not going to harass posters.

You’re harassing me.look up my address. Because I don’t wa t to suck your fingers close. You’re a piece of shit
Like Reply
(10-21-2021, 10:43 PM)Jommybone Wrote: DFS is the primary reason that Trey had a sucky game tonight (6/16 from the field, 5 TOs). Bench him and the Hawks score another 15.

Agree with this BUT, he took 12 shots from the floor.  The last two seasons he has averaged about 7.5, this is a 60% increase.  He needs to be good enough to keep the opposing team honest.  If we are looking for him to take 12 shots a game we’re going to struggle.

I love the guy but he needs to play within himself
Like Reply
Dear JS/WMFF, in case you see this, logged out as a guest. It's obvious you don't like us. No big deal. Maybe there are other places where they'll let you harass people. Maybe try one of those places.
[-] The following 3 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • Halfnir, Kammrath, soog
Like Reply
(10-21-2021, 10:43 PM)Jommybone Wrote: DFS is the primary reason that Trey had a sucky game tonight (6/16 from the field, 5 TOs). Bench him and the Hawks score another 15.

DFS had two assists and one turnover overdoing the ball in his hands thing. Meanwhile THJ/Porzingis/Powell/WCS/Bullock/Kleber/Sterling had ONE ASSIST and nine turnovers in 133 minutes. You wanted the ball out of Luka´s hands. Well now it is. The logical conclusion is to put in the hands of the next best ball-handlers and that´s Brunson and DFS, unless you want the return of Trey Burke. Neither is an above-average ballhandler, but you know that´s what happens, when you are sh*t at your job for a decade. 

It´s just one game, and the Hawks could very well show themselves to be a top 5 NBA team, but that´s the kind of teams you have to beat to win an NBA title. This roster is simply not good enough and until they start to acquire and develop what we call BASKETBALL TALENT, it will never happen. You can scoff at guys like Reddish and Bagley as busts all you want, but turning those alleged "busts" into Julius Randle gets you places. To keep proceeding with hard-working average BASKETBALL TALENT like Powell is getting you nowhere.

But now we are stuck anyway, so not paying Brunson or DFS, who are top 5 players on this roster will only make things worse. We paid THJ, Bullock, Boban, Sterling, so until 2023 there is no way out of this mess anymore. This is our reality for the next two years, but more concerning for the Mavs, it is Luka´s reality.
Like Reply