Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.0 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
77.78%
14 77.78%
Hawks
22.22%
4 22.22%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ ATL (1-0) | 113-87 loss
Heart 
[Image: 77807d29ec55e47f6f5f0078e6a580e8e93e743e.gifv]
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • ClutchDirk, fifteenth
Like Reply
Mavs.

I predict frustration for Trae as his FT-drawing moves get ignored and limits his offensive contribution.
[-] The following 1 user Likes michaeltex's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply
Collins will realize he chose the wrong team in FA...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ClutchDirk's post:
  • embellisher
Like Reply
RE: Luka's All-Star Half-Court Shot

Can't believe the dude in the background who totally missed the moment because he was staring at his phone....then acts like he saw it....
[-] The following 4 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • ClutchDirk, fifteenth, Jommybone, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1450931120632176650
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Delon Wright revenge game.
Like Reply
ZH: I did want to touch on Dallas just also as well since you guys do start with them on Thursday night. You spent 73 games with Dallas, basically a complete season back a couple years ago. Obviously they’ll be a little bit different now with Jason Kidd as coach, but kind of what do you expect knowing Luka [Doncic] is almost the entire team offensively? What can you kind of help the guys with or just anything you would look for knowing that you know Luka better than anyone else on the team?

DW: Yeah, I mean he’s going to do what he’s gonna do, he has the ball the whole game dictating all the game offensively. I just think that if we can not let Tim Hardaway Jr. put up big numbers and guys like Jalen Brunson put up big numbers, because Luka is going to get his. So we just have to neutralize the role players. I think that that’s going to be more most important, and also just taking care of the ball.
Like Reply
Does DFS defend Trey? KP on Capela? Anyone else think this seems like an ideal matchup for the Mavs defensively? 

And who will Trey guard?
Like Reply
(10-21-2021, 10:07 AM)Jommybone Wrote: Does DFS defend Trey? KP on Capela? Anyone else think this seems like an ideal matchup for the Mavs defensively? 

And who will Trey guard?

He guarded Bullock in the playoffs.  I would guess DFS.
Like Reply
Very good first test to see where we really stand. Atlanta should be favoured on the fact alone that they basically kept their whole core together, while we have some new players in the projected rotation, but obviously also a new coach. I´d very impressed, if they came out with a win tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • wmffl87
Like Reply
https://youtu.be/OXHQP3UalqM
[-] The following 3 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • ClutchDirk, Mavsfan12, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(10-21-2021, 10:09 AM)Hypermav Wrote: He guarded Bullock in the playoffs.  I would guess DFS.

I hafta think that too. So Kidd sends DFS straight to the block to post Trey’s puny ass up, no? Really excited to see how the chess game goes.
Like Reply
(10-20-2021, 05:00 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1450931120632176650

That´s unfair. How am I supposed to complain about the lack of rookie minutes when they aren´t even on the game day roster.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • ClutchDirk, Mavsfan12
Like Reply
Finally, real Mavs basketball is back! And just like that we are met with 2 things that haven’t changed:

1. It’s a must win game
2. Trae Young needs a new barber
Like Reply
TNT! 

I get to watch!

If KP sucks tonight, does that mean it's my fault?
Like Reply
(10-21-2021, 02:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: If KP sucks tonight, does that mean it's my fault?

[Image: c33f799c5b430970809f71fbcd00a549.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • ClutchDirk, embellisher
Like Reply
Questions I’m interested in getting answered tonight:

How many rotation minutes for Josh and Frank? Anywhere between 0 and 15 each seems plausible to me.

How many minutes does DFS get at the 4. I’d believe anywhere from 0 to 20 if you said you had a source.

Who closes the game? In particular, Bullock or no Bullock, and if yes, then who is on the pine? Dwight and . . . Brunson?

Who shoots tech FTs? The one thing Josh Richardson was good at, really good. THJ? KP? Someone else? 

Does the new coach show any emotion whatsoever? I’d suggest we drink every time he does, except that sounds like the most boring drinking game ever. 

Will Reggie Miller be the color guy, and if yes, will he make any KP/Rick Smits comparisons? The over/under is just one. I’m taking the over.
Like Reply
(10-21-2021, 02:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: TNT! 

I get to watch!

If KP sucks tonight, does that mean it's my fault?
23/9/2!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
(10-21-2021, 03:55 PM)Jommybone Wrote: How many rotation minutes for Josh and Frank? Anywhere between 0 and 15 each seems plausible to me.

How many minutes does DFS get at the 4. I’d believe anywhere from 0 to 20 if you said you had a source.

Who closes the game? In particular, Bullock or no Bullock, and if yes, then who is on the pine? Dwight and . . . Brunson?

Who shoots tech FTs? The one thing Josh Richardson was good at, really good. THJ? KP? Someone else? 

Does the new coach show any emotion whatsoever? I’d suggest we drink every time he does, except that sounds like the most boring drinking game ever. 

Will Reggie Miller be the color guy, and if yes, will he make any KP/Rick Smits comparisons? The over/under is just one. I’m taking the over.

1.  8mins for Josh. 4 mins for Frank
2. DFS gets 0 mins at the 4. 
3. Closing lineup if close Luka/THJ/DFS/KP/Powell
4. KP takes the tech FT's
5. Kidd becomes a robot and shows no emotion.

Last one I take the over. Im a gamblin man.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
(10-21-2021, 04:08 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: 1.  8mins for Josh. 4 mins for Frank
2. DFS gets 0 mins at the 4. 
3. Closing lineup if close Luka/THJ/DFS/KP/Powell
4. KP takes the tech FT's
5. Kidd becomes a robot and shows no emotion.

Last one I take the over. Im a gamblin man.

These are good takes. Not sure I can disagree. 

But I’m guessing Brunson closes, pushing everybody down the lineup a spot so that DFS is the 4 and KP the 5. That would mean DFS gets some minutes at the 4. I’m going with 12.
Like Reply