Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.0 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
77.78%
14 77.78%
Hawks
22.22%
4 22.22%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ ATL (1-0) | 113-87 loss
This was one of the worst losses in a long time.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Right. They are without Gallinari and Williams, too. Haha.

Yeah it´s all good. We just need a few more Bullocks and Browns to compete with that Hawks team for the next decade.
Like Reply
(10-21-2021, 08:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I miss Carlisle’s offense. 

WAY too much Porzingis being forced for my liking, and not nearly enough space out there for Luka/Brunson to cook.

I like this. The over usage of Luka eventually runs its course. I think Kidd is trying to do something which will be better, but the lack of overall talent means there will be nights like these. 

Either way eventually you will get exposed, but at least you are not killing Luka this way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hakeemfaan's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
(10-21-2021, 08:24 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: I like this. The over usage of Luka eventually runs its course. I think Kidd is trying to do something which will be better, but the lack of overall talent means there will be nights like these. 

Either way eventually you will get exposed, but at least you are not killing Luka this way.

If that was the plan they should have made the necessary roster adjustments. Cannot add more 3&D players. Take the ball out of Luka´s hands and expect them to create.
Like Reply
Atlanta is just better.
Like Reply
(10-21-2021, 08:24 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: I like this. The over usage of Luka eventually runs its course. I think Kidd is trying to do something which will be better, but the lack of overall talent means there will be nights like these. 

Talk about stupid and delusional. Hey gets we’re trying to be worse because it’s part of the grand plan
Like Reply
Fire Kidd. Igor for interim. Trade Brunson.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VintagePejav2's post:
  • khaled1987
Like Reply
(10-21-2021, 08:30 PM)wmffl87 Wrote: Talk about stupid and delusional. Hey gets we’re trying to be worse because it’s part of the grand plan

No but it exposes what some smart posters have been saying for years. These 110% rotations, minutes, execution and effort diet that the dictator Carlisle dragged out of the players regular season after regular season covered up the lack of overall talent. It is simply unsustainable mentally, which is probably a reason the team turned him out. It didn´t allow for any player development etc. either. 

And every year like clock work, we´d get eliminated in the 1st round, cause no matter how superior Carlisle is to the opposing coach, in the play-offs talent wins out.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • khaled1987, MangaAfterDark
Like Reply
(10-21-2021, 08:27 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: If that was the plan they should have made the necessary roster adjustments. Cannot add more 3&D players. Take the ball out of Luka´s hands and expect them to create.

They  cannot change everything overnight. The previous regime did not leave them in a good position. Also there is nothing wrong with 3D players as long as they are talent upgrades. We all said in the off season that we need one more creator. It is not easy to get. So get upgrades whenever you can and be opportunistic when a creator is available.
Like Reply
The Mavs had a very distinctive looking offense last year, its signature being the varying tempos that Luka would play at over the course of a game.  In this game, everything was the same speed and the offense didn’t look any different from any other team’s.  There was nothing distinctive about it.  Maybe, it’s because the Hawks are just really good on defense.  We’ll see.  But that was as brutal as it gets.
Like Reply
Game Observations

1) Luka is overweight and looks a step slow. Not as bad as the first part of last year, but not in good enough shape. I am becoming seriously concerned about his long term weight. He is the tide that lifts all boats. Without elite Luka (and he MUST be in shape for that) this team will only be average. 

2) KP looks MUCH better defensively. He still doesn't have "it" offensively, but I am hoping he can figure it out.

3) DFS needs less minutes. I would like to see Bullock get more of his.

4) The Mavs missed a lot of good looks.

5) I thought the Mavs looked much better than last year defensively in the first half, but just lost heart when they couldn't get buckets in the second half.

6) ATL is damn good and their continuity is really paying off.

7) ATL's defensive closeouts and rotations were incredible AND they have good length and athleticism.

8) I think the NBA will be better by not calling fouls on the non-basketball moves. But I think the refs swallowed their whistles too much at times.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • BasketballJones41, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Doesn't matter, new HC, new GM...but in the end, Cuban is still here! All they're gonna do is continue to swing for the fences in free agency to try to form a Super Team. Until then, nothing will really change
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • khaled1987
Like Reply
Tough night.

ATL is really impressive.  Just filled with young, athletic shot creators.  They got whatever they wanted on offense.  In the first half they missed some open looks but got going as the game moved forward.  ATL was without 3 rotation players too (if you think Williams is a rotation player).  Heck, I even liked ATL rookie in garbage time.

Offense did not look good either.   No ball creation with our starting lineup minus Luka.   

On to the next game, but tonight was not a good night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Reddish reminded me of Jordan Clarkson out there but with a few extra inches and younger.  We will see if he can do that consistently.  If so, that is another really nice piece.
Like Reply
Disgraceful performance. Major brain drain with haralabob and Rick gone. Shoe-man from Nike and Ason Kidd going to run this thing into the ground.

Thank God the Cowboys don’t suck.
Like Reply
If this wasn´t depressing enough, just look at the Mavs 2022/2023 Salary Cap Table on Spotrac. Cry
Like Reply
Add Bullock and WCS to the starting lineup. DFS and Powell to the bench

Still not good enough 

KP still a bad fit. 5 boards and 4 turnovers. The highlight blocks and 3’s don’t hide that he: 1) does not rebound well 2) does not play down low offensively and take advantage of mismatches 3) does not protect the paint on any sort of consistent basis 4) does not pick and roll with luka 5) does not play smart team basketball 

It’s the top problem. Mainly because he looks so in shape that there’s no more excuses. He moved well for stretches. Just still looks like the same ole bad fit
[-] The following 2 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • ballsrchr, BasketballJones41
Like Reply
87 points.
Like Reply
Next couple games are against lesser teams, hopefully lesser than we are!
Like Reply
2019-2020 Mavs: 206 minutes
2020 & 2021 Offseason Additions: 34 minutes
Like Reply