Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PRESEASON GAME 2: LAC (1-2) @ DAL (2-0) | 122-114 win
Its crazy how quick my expectations have fallen for Green after 2 preseason games.

I hope he turns it around, because he's going the likes of Maurice Ager rather than the Josh Howard that we need.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I guess we aren´t awarding Dirkies in the preseason but this one would have been Omoruyi´s.
Like Reply
(10-08-2021, 10:00 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Its crazy how quick my expectations have fallen for Green after 2 preseason games.

I hope he turns it around, because he's going the likes of Maurice Ager rather than the Josh Howard that we need.

He does so many things other than score that are REALLY good and promising.
Like Reply
(10-08-2021, 10:00 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Its crazy how quick my expectations have fallen for Green after 2 preseason games.

I've been out on Green for a while now unfortunately. He is so bad on offense it's going to be really hard for him just to get to even a passable level. The 2020 draft was an epic fail that set this team back years.
Like Reply
Green is following the DFS route. It will come. Think how nice it will be to have him on a bargain contract when he finally finds his stroke. Which wont be soon.
Like Reply
I want to love Green. He just never seems to develop offensively, so I get frustrated. Then I look up tonight, and he got 8 rebounds and 3 assists which is great. The key may be to stop thinking of what I want him to be and start appreciating who he is. 

I do think he's a good candidate to be traded sooner than later just because of roster constraints. But I haven't given up on him as a player.
Like Reply

I actually think his all-around play looks improved, but his scoring ability is Andre Roberson-esque. That´s why I said try to turn him into a back-up PG, where the bar is set really low in Dallas anyway.
Like Reply
(10-08-2021, 10:06 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: I've been out on Green for a while now unfortunately. He is so bad on offense it's going to be really hard for him just to get to even a passable level. The 2020 draft was an epic fail that set this team back years.

Is Cuban a genius for the fronts that muddy the waters on who is to blame?  Or do you go right at him?  Or...was it one of the GM's?

I agree...total fail...and that is coming from a complete casual.   

Draft basketball players when you need talent...draft potential when you have Conference Championship dialed in.
Like Reply
Green had a good game. 6, 8, 3 on 50% shooting. The Mavs use him like he would be used in a real game with the starters - he's not going to get the ball much so all he can do is hustle and get easy buckets.

Kidd seems to be working with him a lot in practice, he needs to teach him as much as possible about defense.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...0359759873
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tyler's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(10-08-2021, 10:19 PM)Tyler Wrote: https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...0359759873

Josh Green knows that keeping Luka happy and amused pays $3.5M a year. Big Grin
Like Reply
I know it's the preseason, but...

When is the last time you saw Dallas win a game shooting 21% from 3 and scoring 68 points in the paint? I like how Kidd is encouraging the guys to play free and attack the rim.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tyler's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
Prior to the draft I was super high on Saddiq Bey and for once actually right about a prospect. Cannot get over it. Especially know that we know some of the rumors. Just the perfect Mavs pick. Exactly the kind of player they would have drafted in previous years. A little bit older, multiple years of college experience, developed skill set, from Villanova.
Still hoping that Green shows something on offense. I guess they gambled on upside and so far it did not pan out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(10-08-2021, 10:18 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Green had a good game. 6, 8, 3 on 50% shooting. The Mavs use him like he would be used in a real game with the starters - he's not going to get the ball much so all he can do is hustle and get easy buckets.

Kidd seems to be working with him a lot in practice, he needs to teach him as much as possible about defense.

The guy is unplayable in playoffs unless you need a quick defensive stop/weapon.  Love the kids effort and wish him the best...but he doesnt have NBA feel for the game.   Not even long term unless something miraculously clicks offensively with his dribbling, creation or shooting.

Define your short term/long term project deadlines.

Is he a short term or long term project?  And how far along is he in meeting your expectations?
Like Reply
(10-08-2021, 10:18 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Green had a good game. 6, 8, 3 on 50% shooting. The Mavs use him like he would be used in a real game with the starters - he's not going to get the ball much so all he can do is hustle and get easy buckets.

How do you know this?   Please tell me its not through social media.

If not...why are you so covert about being an insider?
Like Reply
Josh Green is definitely a long-term. He has some skils, athletic, with good defensive potentials. I thinos he needs to master fundamentals of basketball. Master taking the open easy shots. Improve his shooting. He sometimes make it harder fpr himself. He takes off-balance shots, well-defended shots, and shots which are not necessarily easy like baseline short-ranged jumpers at a difficult angle. He also needs to find his role and focus on it, strive to be great at it. Make it simple for himself.

The Mavs will not, as of yet, give up on JGreen. They will probably try to devrlop him. I am okay with that. But, I also think trading him to a rebuilding team that will net them a contributor will be a good idea. I I wish they can trade JGreen, WCS, Burke for Terrence Ross who will bolster their bench scoring.
Like Reply
(10-08-2021, 10:45 PM)RedFlag41 Wrote: Josh Green is definitely a long-term. He has some skils, athletic, with good defensive potentials. I thinos he needs to master fundamentals of basketball. Master taking the open easy shots. Improve his shooting. He sometimes make it harder fpr himself. He takes off-balance shots, well-defended shots, and shots which are not necessarily easy like baseline short-ranged jumpers at a difficult angle. He also needs to find his role and focus on it, strive to be great at it. Make it simple for himself.

The Mavs will not, as of yet, give up on JGreen. They will probably try to devrlop him. I am okay with that. But, I also think trading him to a rebuilding team that will net them a contributor will be a good idea. I  I wish they can trade JGreen, WCS, Burke for Terrence Ross who will bolster their bench scoring.

Problem with this is that average AVERAGE I SAY athletes figure this out before sophomore year of high school.

This kid went to IMG.  let me repeat...IMG ACADEMY.

He is young.  He needs a chance...I admit that.   But given the IMG Academy pedigree...the fact that I see 12 year olds at my local rec with better feel for the game...Green would be on an extremely short leash with me.   You are an extremely gifted athlete from a top tier high school program...young...but you have to show major strides quickly before that plug is pulled.  (IMO with LUKA on the clock)
Like Reply
Anybody know a good discussion board for Mavs fans? I used to know one, but now it’s full of Mavs haters. And reading it just brings me down.
[-] The following 7 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • ClutchDirk, DanSchwartzgan, Kammrath, michaeltex, soog, TXBamanut, Tyler
Like Reply
(10-08-2021, 11:28 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Anybody know a good discussion board for Mavs fans? I used to know one, but now it’s full of Mavs haters. And reading it just brings me down.

Jb, sorry man, wasn't here tonight to add some positivity. You can contribute some of that,.though! 

Historically,  the game threads aren't the place to find the good feels. Let's see if some winning changes that. I have us winning 82 + 16 straight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply
As one of the only persons who never left KP Island I have only one thing to say...

https://media.giphy.com/media/cO39srN2EU.../giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ClutchDirk's post:
  • TXBamanut
Like Reply