Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Where to watch Mavs games this season?
(10-13-2021, 10:57 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Are you able to describe how the computer/vpn is interacting with NBA League Pass to the point that "IF" the stream is slow you can just disable the VPN and NBA League Pass doesnt recognize this?

I am sick of the illegal streams myself and willing to pay....but if the stream is slow I just got duped out of money.  I am willing to pay normal USA NBA League Pass prices and use a VPN based in USA....but not if the stream is buffing constantly.

Let me ask this...does anyone on here know if you can log into to Bally Sports from multiple locations with one username and password?   If so...I am willing to pay good money for access to someones account to watch online.  I bet multiple people on here would.   I know some apps cap the number of devices to 5, others dont have any roadblocks, some you can only use one device....I dont know if Bally has protection to prevent people from skirting the rules.   

I really would like to prevent downloading a VPN...paying the VPN...hoping nothing goes wrong with the VPN...then having to pay NBA League pass to watch Mavs games.  Or getting direct TV or whichever provider shows Mavs games.
I have been using NordVPN with the NBA League Pass to watch home games. I have had no buffering issues at all this preseason. The single team pass and Nord VPN works out to just a little more than Hehe Streams for the season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavsdemon's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(10-13-2021, 11:05 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Do bars show Mavs games these days?

I know for sure Bdubs does, that's where I watch the games when traveling. If they do, then I imagine any sports pub would.
Like Reply
(10-14-2021, 01:47 AM)Mavsdemon Wrote: I have been using NordVPN with the NBA League Pass to watch home games. I have had no buffering issues at all this preseason. The single team pass and Nord VPN works out to just a little more than Hehe Streams for the season.

I dont know what you are trying to get at by throwing in "to watch home games"....but I am trying to watch every Mavs game.  Not just home or away games.   Can I not do that?

How much are you paying for Nord plus League Pass per month total?

(10-14-2021, 07:43 AM)embellisher Wrote: I know for sure Bdubs does, that's where I watch the games when traveling. If they do, then I imagine any sports pub would.

The hell is Bdubs?  Buffalo Wild Wings?
Like Reply
(10-14-2021, 07:43 AM)embellisher Wrote: I know for sure Bdubs does, that's where I watch the games when traveling. If they do, then I imagine any sports pub would.

Dont these local pubs have to have a provider that has access to Bally Sports?  Or are sports bars offered a different package than residential consumers?

Is there a Mavs bar I can go to?
Like Reply
Sooooo I built a private Roku channel to get around some of this issues the best that I could.  I'm happy to share how to download that channel if people are interested.  I can't promise that every single game will be up and running and I do find myself having to replace streams mid games from time to time but it turned out to be pretty reliable for my friends and I like 80% of the time.

It's so wild to me how much the NBA missed the boat on this.  Once they fix their blackout issues it will be too late, if you wanted your streaming service to be the top dawg you should have made it accessible to your target market....
Like Reply
(09-07-2021, 01:01 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Mark Cuban summary:

Went from getting radio online to failing to get the Mavs on more platforms...

Out of market with Direct Tv Stream...pay for both BSOK and BSSW is an extra charge...

If 2 of Rangers or Stars or Thunder are playing I do not get to watch the Mavs because they are at the bottom of importance to Baley Sports...

To be fair, none of this is on Cubes and he has pushed hard for more streaming options for the NBA for years.

This falls squarely on the shoulders of Adam Silver and his reluctance to move away from cable contracts.  It sounds like that may FINALLY change with the next contract but there's a ton of money on the line so it will be interesting how it plays out.  Their last contract was wayyyyyyyy too long and not forward thinking at all.
Like Reply
I assume you can download to my Roku box on my TV?
Like Reply
(10-14-2021, 11:42 AM)michaeltex Wrote: I assume you can download to my Roku box on my TV?

Yes, but because my channel is set to private, it's not available by simply searching through the Roku.  You will actually have to login to your roku account at roku.com and add the channel there.  You can find instructions here:

https://support.roku.com/article/208756738

My access code is 26KZ5T.[url=https://my.roku.com/account/add/26KZ5T][/url]

This place is small enough for me to feel comfortable sharing and because I know yall care about this team as much as me but PLEASE don't post this info on public forums (he wrote on a public forum...).  

When you get in the app you'll find like ten different content boxes (all with pictures of RoddyB as the thumbnails) and you may have to click around to find which one the stream is set up on but I rarely miss games and taught some buddies how to set them up when I'm not around so it should be on there the vast majority of times.  The streams I use are usually available an hour (or half hour?) before tip so hopefully you can find it before anything starts.

And before anyone asks...no I can't choose which broadcast is coming through, it's usually just the home broadcast.

Whoa, I have no idea how that happened but the link I shared didn't work and when I put my access code in there it created a link to just get straight to my channel to add....

https://my.roku.com/account/add/26KZ5T

That should take you straight to a page that will ask you to sign into your roku account and then you just have to click add channel.  It should then populate on your roku tv shortly after.
[-] The following 4 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • Dahlsim, hakeemfaan, Kammrath, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(10-14-2021, 10:01 AM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: I dont know what you are trying to get at by throwing in "to watch home games"....but I am trying to watch every Mavs game.  Not just home or away games.   Can I not do that?

How much are you paying for Nord plus League Pass per month total?

The hell is Bdubs?  Buffalo Wild Wings?

Yeah, sorry, Buffalo Wild Wings. Everybody I know calls it B-Dubs. Google and Waze even recognize it.  Big Grin
Like Reply
(10-13-2021, 10:57 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Are you able to describe how the computer/vpn is interacting with NBA League Pass to the point that "IF" the stream is slow you can just disable the VPN and NBA League Pass doesnt recognize this?

Pretty sure once you click "Watch" on league pass, the website verifies if you have a valid subscription in the right area code. If you do then it allows you to watch the video and doesn't require any more checks while you're watching the video. Hence you're able to disconnect from the VPN without any issues.

But you probably don't ever need to disconnect from a VPN. They really have gotten quite fast and you'll probably never know the difference. They take less than 30 minutes to sign up and pay for and you can watch the Mavs as much as you want, home AND away games. If you're in the DFW area then you'd need to connect to the VPN before every game so you don't get blackedout. 

https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-pri...blackouts/

This is a good guide, though they neglect to mention you can select India and pay only 10 bucks for league pass premium instead of 200!

If you really don't like that route, then perhaps StrandedonBeauboisHill roku channel might work? Never heard of that before but it sounds like an easy fix and he's being more than generous giving out his private channel.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(10-15-2021, 08:03 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Pretty sure once you click "Watch" on league pass, the website verifies if you have a valid subscription in the right area code. If you do then it allows you to watch the video and doesn't require any more checks while you're watching the video. Hence you're able to disconnect from the VPN without any issues.

But you probably don't ever need to disconnect from a VPN. They really have gotten quite fast and you'll probably never know the difference. They take less than 30 minutes to sign up and pay for and you can watch the Mavs as much as you want, home AND away games. If you're in the DFW area then you'd need to connect to the VPN before every game so you don't get blackedout. 

https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-pri...blackouts/

This is a good guide, though they neglect to mention you can select India and pay only 10 bucks for league pass premium instead of 200!

If you really don't like that route, then perhaps StrandedonBeauboisHill roku channel might work? Never heard of that before but it sounds like an easy fix and he's being more than generous giving out his private channel.

I am just doing VPN plus team league pass this year myself.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1455566457899790344
Like Reply
[Image: FDM18bdWEAIfg5I?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
What happened to Mavericks games on KTXA 21? Did they stop playing games on regular TV?
Like Reply
Of course no discount for someone who has paid for the service for 2 years already...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-02-2021, 01:50 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Of course no discount for someone who has paid for the service for 2 years already...

It is worth $250 but I would have to start over under a new account. I guess I could just put it under another email account.
Like Reply
I have mine bundled with cell phone under an employee discount I got hooked up with years ago...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I love how the discount only runs for 5 months in what is most likely a 2 year contract.

Cuban is going to see his ass soon. He's running the Mavs into the ground. Haven't seen the AAC this empty in years and now people in Dallas can't even watch the team without paying an arm and a leg.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • luka_skywalker_77
Like Reply
(11-02-2021, 09:02 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I love how the discount only runs for 5 months in what is most likely a 2 year contract.

Cuban is going to see his ass soon. He's running the Mavs into the ground. Haven't seen the AAC this empty in years and now people in Dallas can't even watch the team without paying an arm and a leg.

Doubt Luka was the deciding factor to try this whole "screw the local fans unless they pay up" thing...

But trying it when you have a Super Star like Luka is either smart or a blessing of a co-incidence by Cuban.

I know I know...Cuban supposedly has nothing to do with it yada yada yada
Like Reply
(11-02-2021, 09:02 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I love how the discount only runs for 5 months in what is most likely a 2 year contract.

DirecTV Stream is month to month.  

Cuban not considering those that switched to this service before the season sucks.  I am happy it may help someone else see the Mavs, but something tells me Cuban is getting some help paying this from AT&T.  

AT&T gives away money for new customers all the time.  

Nice gesture for a still silly broadcasting situation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply