Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Where to watch Mavs games this season?
Which cable company is currently carrying FSSW?  Most of them seem to have dropped it. Hehe is also gone. How are folks planning to watch the Mavs on TV?
Like Reply
I am out of state and I have Youtube TV.    I got the NBA package last year thru Youtube TV.   I had the NBA app league pass before.   I liked the Youtube TV NBA package better (a little more expensive) because I could start game in progress from the beginning.  With young kids, it is much easier not to try to start the game right at game time.    I had one game blacked out when the Mavs played the team closest to my area, and I went to Reddit and found an illegal stream.  

I know this is not an option for people who live in the Dallas/Ft worth area though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply
If you live in the Dallas area where there are local blackouts then you cannot use League Pass without a VPN. Otherwise, the only way to stream Bally Sports that I know of is AT&T TV (now DirecTV Stream). Local regional sports channels aren't available on the basic package so you have to pay at least $85/month. Yes it's a ripoff and it sucks that is the only option.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bin610's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply
I watch the Mavs on YouTube TV on NBA League Pass using a VPN.  Rarely I have to use First Row Sports or Sportsurge.  With the VPN I live in India and pay something like $12.00 a year for NBA League Pass.  Yes...I'm one of those slimy, dastardly, sleazy people who rarely pays much for anything...online.  It's that or watch the international tiddlywink series, and the Norwegian Curling league while the Mavs play.  The Curling league is too hard on my heart...so I watch the Mavs...and have since 1980, or 1981.  I think I'll keep watching them for awhile...
[-] The following 3 users Like ballsrchr's post:
  • embellisher, From Dirk to Luka, hakeemfaan
Like Reply
I capitulated and now use DIRECTV Stream.
Like Reply
(09-07-2021, 11:36 AM)ballsrchr Wrote: I watch the Mavs on YouTube TV on NBA League Pass using a VPN.  Rarely I have to use First Row Sports or Sportsurge.  With the VPN I live in India and pay something like $12.00 a year for NBA League Pass.  Yes...I'm one of those slimy, dastardly, sleazy people who rarely pays much for anything...online.  It's that or watch the international tiddlywink series, and the Norwegian Curling league while the Mavs play.  The Curling league is too hard on my heart...so I watch the Mavs...and have since 1980, or 1981.  I think I'll keep watching them for awhile...

[Image: 200.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, jesusshuttlesworth82
Like Reply
Mark Cuban summary:

Went from getting radio online to failing to get the Mavs on more platforms...

Out of market with Direct Tv Stream...pay for both BSOK and BSSW is an extra charge...

If 2 of Rangers or Stars or Thunder are playing I do not get to watch the Mavs because they are at the bottom of importance to Baley Sports...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
[-] The following 2 users Like ClutchDirk's post:
  • DallasBasketball, hakeemfaan
Like Reply
Thanks All. So DirectTV gets you the Mavs games? It was hard to tell. Definitely doesn’t look like the base package.  This sucks.
Like Reply
(09-07-2021, 02:30 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Thanks All. So DirectTV gets you the Mavs games? It was hard to tell. Definitely doesn’t look like the base package.  This sucks.

Pretty much.

Unless you get a VPN. The ones that I like and use/used are NordVPN, ExpressVPN, and TunnelBear. They're big companies with a vast array of servers. They're cheap and are intuitive to use even if you don't know what a VPN even is (NordVPN especially). I will say they have been critiqued by some people (who do some very illegal things) that they do store informational data (Which defeats the entire purpose of a VPN), so what you do CAN be traced back by authorities. BUT as long as you don't do illegal things this should never apply to you.

Just sign up and download the program. Connect to the VPN server in the country you want to mimic being from (India you can get League Pass deluxe for like less than 10 bucks). And boom you have a way to watch the Mavs. It's really that simple. 

I will say using a VPN CAN slow down your internet, thus making streams buffer. It happened to me from time to time but usually you can disconnect from the VPN as soon as you have loaded the game. Good luck all and let me know how it goes!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 5 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • ballsrchr, Dahlsim, hakeemfaan, ItsGoTime, jesusshuttlesworth82
Like Reply
So I signed up for ExpressVPN again and I am going to pay $119.99 for NBA team pass. I am tired of the illegal stream stuff, the VPN thing is only skirting to completely stupid and pointless blackout rules.
Like Reply
(09-07-2021, 03:42 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I will say using a VPN CAN slow down your internet, thus making streams buffer. It happened to me from time to time but usually you can disconnect from the VPN as soon as you have loaded the game. Good luck all and let me know how it goes!

Good VPNs these days won't have much of speed issue I think. I am going to try to use a Mexico server since its relatively close.
Like Reply
(09-07-2021, 07:38 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: So I signed up for ExpressVPN again and I am going to pay $119.99 for NBA team pass. I am tired of the illegal stream stuff, the VPN thing is only skirting to completely stupid and pointless blackout rules.

If you're doing the VPN route, there's no reason to pay full price for league pass. Much cheaper internationally. 

(09-07-2021, 07:41 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Good VPNs these days won't have much of speed issue I think. I am going to try to use a Mexico server since its relatively close.

This is true. VPN's have gotten much better the last 5 years or so. But it is a known issue and I wanted to make people aware especially if this is their first foray into VPN's.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
FWIW...

I have the Hulu+Live/Disney+/ESPN+ combo package on Roku. I loaded the BallySports app and was able to sign in using Hulu as my cable provider.

After signing in, I selected the Mavs and it went to their page showing a listing of the next three games. I'll confirm live streaming tomorrow during the first preseason game.
[-] The following 2 users Like michaeltex's post:
  • ClutchDirk, jesusshuttlesworth82
Like Reply
(10-03-2021, 04:36 PM)michaeltex Wrote: FWIW...

I have the Hulu+Live/Disney+/ESPN+ combo package on Roku. I loaded the BallySports app and was able to sign in using Hulu as my cable provider.

After signing in, I selected the Mavs and it went to their page showing a listing of the next three games. I'll confirm live streaming tomorrow during the first preseason game.

Please let us know.  The Hulu app on my Firestick wasn't bad when I tried it a couple years ago.  The AT&T Tv/Direct TV app is so laggy and terrible that I'm not even going to bother signing up for that service.
Like Reply
(10-03-2021, 07:14 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Please let us know.  The Hulu app on my Firestick wasn't bad when I tried it a couple years ago.  The AT&T Tv/Direct TV app is so laggy and terrible that I'm not even going to bother signing up for that service.

Would not let me access game in SW region, only "national" region.

NBALive is no help because of local blackouts, I think.
Like Reply
[Image: 20211006-195002.jpg]
Like Reply
Western Ok and Cuban blocked me from watching on NBA Tv...
Like Reply
Is anyone here successfully using a VPN to trick the Bally Sports App?
Like Reply
(09-07-2021, 03:42 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Pretty much.

Unless you get a VPN. The ones that I like and use/used are NordVPN, ExpressVPN, and TunnelBear. They're big companies with a vast array of servers. They're cheap and are intuitive to use even if you don't know what a VPN even is (NordVPN especially). I will say they have been critiqued by some people (who do some very illegal things) that they do store informational data (Which defeats the entire purpose of a VPN), so what you do CAN be traced back by authorities. BUT as long as you don't do illegal things this should never apply to you.

Just sign up and download the program. Connect to the VPN server in the country you want to mimic being from (India you can get League Pass deluxe for like less than 10 bucks). And boom you have a way to watch the Mavs. It's really that simple. 

I will say using a VPN CAN slow down your internet, thus making streams buffer. It happened to me from time to time but usually you can disconnect from the VPN as soon as you have loaded the game. Good luck all and let me know how it goes!

Are you able to describe how the computer/vpn is interacting with NBA League Pass to the point that "IF" the stream is slow you can just disable the VPN and NBA League Pass doesnt recognize this?

I am sick of the illegal streams myself and willing to pay....but if the stream is slow I just got duped out of money.  I am willing to pay normal USA NBA League Pass prices and use a VPN based in USA....but not if the stream is buffing constantly.

Let me ask this...does anyone on here know if you can log into to Bally Sports from multiple locations with one username and password?   If so...I am willing to pay good money for access to someones account to watch online.  I bet multiple people on here would.   I know some apps cap the number of devices to 5, others dont have any roadblocks, some you can only use one device....I dont know if Bally has protection to prevent people from skirting the rules.   

I really would like to prevent downloading a VPN...paying the VPN...hoping nothing goes wrong with the VPN...then having to pay NBA League pass to watch Mavs games.  Or getting direct TV or whichever provider shows Mavs games.
Like Reply
Do bars show Mavs games these days?
Like Reply