Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(02-08-2022, 04:03 PM)cow Wrote: DFW Whataburger's and Chicken E's wouldn't be able to keep up their supplies with Luka and Zion in town.

Well that's a good thing then if we run out of burgers, then they both would need to slim down. Thats an argument to have both in the same team.

Lukas fat statements were completely overblown. Those for Zion may not be. But what I do know is that the peak of a player is the key. Once you show ability, you can get back to that. If you never shown that ability, you can most likely never reach that unless you develop a lot. Zion, at top of his game had huge impact, near Luka level impact. Far higher than KP ever had.

Pelicans may be thinking about trading Zion, they are at the dangerous step where they still can cash in for Zion and it may be too late. His value is maybe never going to be smaller than now.
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 04:07 PM)burekemde Wrote: Well that's a good thing then if we run out of burgers, then they both would need to slim down. Thats an argument to have both in the same team.

Lukas fat statements were completely overblown. Those for Zion may not be. But what I do know is that the peak of a player is the key. Once you show ability, you can get back to that. If you never shown that ability, you can most likely never reach that unless you develop a lot. Zion, at top of his game had huge impact, near Luka level impact. Far higher than KP ever had.

Pelicans may be thinking about trading Zion, they are at the dangerous step where they still can cash in for Zion and it may be too late. His value is maybe never going to be smaller than now.

It's a joke.

Pelicans aren't trading Zion and if they did, and even if the Mavs could afford him (they can't), they wouldn't jump out of the frying pan and into the fire with KP.
Like Reply
Bledsoe and newly acquired picks?

Blazers Discussing Jerami Grant Trade With Pistons - RealGM Wiretap
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 04:12 PM)omahen Wrote: Bledsoe and newly acquired picks?

Ok...weird though.
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 04:16 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Ok...weird though.

Why? New core shifts to Simons, Lillard, Nurkic, Grant, 2022 pick and a couple of young players from the bench (Little, Johnson, Alexander-Walker). Still plenty flexibility for further moves.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 04:21 PM)omahen Wrote: Why? New core shifts to Simons, Lillard, Nurkic, Grant, 2022 pick and a couple of young players from the bench (Little, Johnson, Alexander-Walker). Still plenty flexibility for further moves.

I'm a big Grant fan but I don't think they have all that much flexibility if they give him the giant extension he's shooting for.

Still might be enough of a shuffle to keep Dame entertained for a while.
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 04:21 PM)omahen Wrote: Why? New core shifts to Simons, Lillard, Nurkic, Grant, 2022 pick and a couple of young players from the bench (Little, Johnson, Alexander-Walker). Still plenty flexibility for further moves.

Yeah they need to do something. Weirdly Grant makes sense, since he wants to get paid, get a lot of touches and play for a winner.

Not many teams that can offer an opportunity like that, though I don´t know about the winning part in Portland.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/mavsfilmroom/status/...30305?s=21
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 04:28 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: https://twitter.com/mavsfilmroom/status/...30305?s=21

Why does this sound like a song we have heard before?
[-] The following 3 users Like michaeltex's post:
  • MFFL, omahen, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 04:28 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: https://twitter.com/mavsfilmroom/status/...30305?s=21

I am happy this didn't go through. It would be a waste of asset for a guy that wouldn't be a difference maker. Mavs need better.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 04:29 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Why does this sound like a song we have heard before?

Well, I think it is still Mark who takes the calls, so..
Like Reply
Could see the Hardaway to the Pacers idea being revisited this offseason.  I think he'd pair well with Haliburton and I have a feeling that Brogdon is going to get moved once he finally can.
Like Reply
I am sure they can move him for Hield, though. Would also likely be cheaper
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 04:32 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Could see the Hardaway to the Pacers idea being revisited this offseason.  I think he'd pair well with Haliburton and I have a feeling that Brogdon is going to get moved once he finally can.

Buddy Love and THJ on the same team?
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 04:12 PM)omahen Wrote: Bledsoe and newly acquired picks?

Grant fits right into their new TPE. Maybe NAW, Keon and pick?
Like Reply
Wonder if the Pacers/Kings would extend the trade to include the Mavs.  Buddy Love for THJ + a 2nd.
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 04:32 PM)omahen Wrote: I am sure they can move him for Hield, though. Would also likely be cheaper

Man, I am not sure what I think of Buddy.  In one part, seeing him open launching threes off Luka passes would be fun.  On the other hand, there are times I watch him when I am very underwhelmed.

If the Mavs want offense and Hardaway is out for the rest of the year, it could be attractive.   

Just not sure how I feel about Buddy though.

I am just not a huge fan of Grant.  Plus, with an injured Lillard and a lot of roster uncertainty, I would go another direction.  That is me though.
Like Reply
Fischer just said that we were in on Levert at the 11th hour. Our offer was THJ and a pick.
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 04:42 PM)Okstate819 Wrote: Fischer just said that we were in on Levert at the 11th hour. Our offer was THJ and a pick.

Clearly more involved than that.  We don’t have a pick for years to come and the salary difference would have thrown them further into the LT (they are still just a hair over and need to shred some tiny bit to get under).

Even if all that was overcome, isn’t expiring and near pick better than THJ and far away pick?
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 04:42 PM)Okstate819 Wrote: Fischer just said that we were in on Levert at the 11th hour. Our offer was THJ and a pick.

Now we can make whatever you want with this.

Positive spin:

- They realize they need to get off THJ´s contract, while also needing to add more play-making, but only offered a heavily protected pick or multiple seconds, because the new MBT values its draft picks.

Negative spin:

- They reacted too late; the described Mavs trade hijacking mentality. Despite then offering an unprotected 1st round pick for more delusional WIN NOW - WE ARE CLOSE help, they were turned down, because the Cavs trade was already in the finalizing stages.
Like Reply