Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
Josh Green sure does open the THJ trade (out the) door.  

Nico has a number of directions he could go with the present rumors.  Feels like they will be conservative, unless Kidd has his heart set on a certain guy.

(01-10-2022, 11:47 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...2047003648

incoming Killer post  Angel (Rubio rumor)
Like Reply
(01-10-2022, 12:02 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Josh Green sure does open the THJ trade (out the) door.  

Nico has a number of directions he could go with the present rumors.  Feels like they will be conservative, unless Kidd has his heart set on a certain guy.

incoming Killer post  Angel (Rubio rumor)

We have options and we have a few trade chips to improve. Things are going to get interesting in the next month. Maybe sooner than later.  I wonder if this stuff about the Mavs interested in Turner has anything to do with talks to clear a spot for Chriss.
Like Reply
How about a good Siakam rumor? 

Pinson and Chriss for Dragic and Siakam
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(01-10-2022, 12:23 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Siakam

I have wanted him for the last year plus. With or without KP, I like his fit potential with Luka.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft, Okstate819
Like Reply
(01-10-2022, 12:26 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I have wanted him for the last year plus. With or without KP, I like his fit potential with Luka.

Sure, but this is a target that would make some sense in a "keep Porzingis" bid, imho. 

Turner would not be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Is it already fantasy trade season? If so. Here is my proposal for the deadline. Combining some of the rumors.

Step 1)
Collecting assets. Ideally a late first or a protected future first. Or pipe dream the Mavs 23 first round pick. How to do it? Use an expiring and the TPE to eat bad salary.

Example: WCS --> Mavs 2023 1st + Kemba Walker, WCS --> Suns 2022 1st + Dario Saric

Step 2)
Solving the KP situation. Improving the roster fit. How to do it? Turn KP into another fringe allstar or better fitting pieces. Add picks if necessary.

Example: KP + Burke + (pick from step 1) + future Mavs first round pick (2025) --> Barnes + Haliburton (additionally the Mavs send a 2nd (2025) to OKC, OKC gets Bagley)

Step 3)
Replacing KP. Find a low usage big that can anchor the defense. How to do it? I just added a lot of wings/guards. Time to send some of them out.

Example: THJ + remaining first (2027) + 2022 2nd --> Myles Turner

Hope that it works out because if this isn´t enough the Mavs are screwed. Just burned all remaining assets. Better to fire fantasy GM dirkfan before he can go through with his plan.
Like Reply
(01-10-2022, 12:36 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sure, but this is a target that would make some sense in a "keep Porzingis" bid, imho. 

Turner would not be.

True, but Siakam would make sense next to Turner as well.  With Turner is our primary center we need a good rebounding 4.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Hawks targeting Simmons....Collins frustrated....let's go massive blockbuster.

Mavs Out: KP, THJ, WCS, Burke
Mavs In: Capela, Tobi, Reddish

Hawks Out: Capela, Collins, Reddish, Gallo
Hawks In: Simmons, KP, WCS

76ers Out: Simmons, Tobi
76ers In: Collins, THJ, Gallo, Burke

EDIT: Give RC his roll man in Indy by expanding this to a 4-teamer and swapping Capela for Turner.
Like Reply
I think that whoever will get (the freshly engaged) Simmons, will sooner or later publish official explanation like: Simmons is not playing as his left foot ankle is recovering too slowly because it has mental problems. The team is feverishly searching for a left foot whisperer and general foot psychology therapist...
Like Reply
Wednesday Morning Trade Chatter (pieced together from various articles below for your convenience):

Michael Scotto: The Los Angeles Lakers have been doing their due diligence around the league, and expressed interest in Raptors guard Gary Trent Jr., according to league sources. One of several players they’ve checked in on. However, I don’t see a deal happening between those teams at this time since it would likely have to involve Talen Horton-Tucker and Kendrick Nunn from a salaries perspective.

Danilo Gallinari is available for a first-round pick on the trade market or could be packaged in a bigger trade, according to rival executives. It’ll be interesting to see if Gallinari is packaged with John Collins as part of a potential Ben Simmons trade package.

Chicago is open to upgrading their roster but doesn’t want to part with Patrick Williams. However, Coby White is available for the right upgrade, according to rival executives.

Some playoff-caliber teams are monitoring Eric Gordon and Daniel Theis with the Houston Rockets, given where they are in the standings as guys they could potentially sell.

Another guy playoff-caliber teams are monitoring is Kenrich Williams with the Thunder. With OKC being $23 million below the salary floor, as Yossi wrote on HoopsHype recently, the Thunder are going to be an interesting team to monitor.

The Boston Celtics have expressed interest in re-acquiring forward Jeff Green, league sources told HoopsHype. Green was coached by Brad Stevens in Boston.

I’ve also heard former lottery pick Aaron Nesmith and guard Dennis Schroeder are also available in Boston. They’ve made several calls doing due diligence, including to Phoenix regarding Jalen Smith’s availability.

The Clippers are focused on remaining highly competitive when both Paul George and Kawhi Leonard return healthy. Some in the organization believe it’s unlikely Kawhi Leonard will return this season, I’m told.

- Michael Scotto 

The Sixers’ messaging on Simmons, both publicly and privately, is that they want Simmons back in the lineup. And they have conveyed to teams that they aren’t lowering the asking price for Simmons, sources familiar with the Sixers told Sports Illustrated, continuing to insist any package includes an established All-Star.

Will that position change as we get closer to the Feb. 10 trade deadline? Teams I’ve talked to aren’t so sure Philly will have the stomach to reject a solid but not spectacular offer for Simmons, not with the Eastern Conference’s looking so competitive and Joel Embiid’s playing at an MVP level.

– via Chris Mannix @ Sports Illustrated

Adrian Wojnarowski: Atlanta is not taking back Tobias Harris in a deal with Ben Simmons. Could they re-route Tobias Harris somewhere else? It is a lot of money on his contract. Philadelphia continues to be content to wait.

Sam Amick: The thing with Philly that’s interesting is you hear some chatter that they wouldn’t mind getting off Tobias Harris’ money. He’s a hell of a player but that’s a huge contract
[-] The following 5 users Like SamStetz's post:
  • ClutchDirk, DanSchwartzgan, fifteenth, Kammrath, michaeltex
Like Reply
@"SamStetz" you the MVP! Thanks!
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • ClutchDirk, fifteenth
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 08:46 AM)SamStetz Wrote:  
Danilo Gallinari is available for a first-round pick on the trade market or could be packaged in a bigger trade, according to rival executives. It’ll be interesting to see if Gallinari is packaged with John Collins as part of a potential Ben Simmons trade package.

The Sixers’ messaging on Simmons, both publicly and privately, is that they want Simmons back in the lineup. And they have conveyed to teams that they aren’t lowering the asking price for Simmons, sources familiar with the Sixers told Sports Illustrated, continuing to insist any package includes an established All-Star.

Will that position change as we get closer to the Feb. 10 trade deadline? Teams I’ve talked to aren’t so sure Philly will have the stomach to reject a solid but not spectacular offer for Simmons, not with the Eastern Conference’s looking so competitive and Joel Embiid’s playing at an MVP level.

Adrian Wojnarowski: Atlanta is not taking back Tobias Harris in a deal with Ben Simmons. Could they re-route Tobias Harris somewhere else? It is a lot of money on his contract. Philadelphia continues to be content to wait.

Sam Amick: The thing with Philly that’s interesting is you hear some chatter that they wouldn’t mind getting off Tobias Harris’ money. He’s a hell of a player but that’s a huge contract

So, getting rid of Tobias is part of the "benefit" Philly is looking for in a Simmons trade.  There are paths to us taking Tobias and sending out Hardaway.  Unfortunately, THJ, WCS and Burke miss the mark by $199k.  

If you want to do this without including Maxi, Bullock is the way to get there.  Bullock/THJ is a match for Harris.  We can take Danny Green into our TPE to basically replace Bullock.  This helps Philly with Roster slots as Atlanta has to send a lot of bodies to Philly.  

Atlanta gets Hardaway/Simmons instead of Tobias/Simmons.  There are also versions where THJ goes to Philly and Bullock goes to Atlanta so that the Hawks are getting Simmons/Bullock.  This is actually the best way to keep everyone under the tax.

Philly gets Collins as their "star" compensation for Simmons.  Much more needs to come from Atlanta.  Gallinari and Cam works, but there are other possibilities.

Dallas gets Tobias/D. Green for THJ/Bullock

Philly gets Collins/Reddish/THJ/Gallinari for Simmons/Tobias/Green

Atl. gets Simmons/Reggie for Gallinari/Collins/Reddish

Everyone stays under the tax line.  I like this for Dallas.  Philly is well compensated for Simmons IMHO.  My question is Atlanta.  It probably takes Collins/Reddish to do Simmons.  Is Gallinari for Bullock reasonable?  Gallo has taken a pretty significant step backwards this season and Bullock and Simmons would certainly help Atlanta with their biggest problem (28th ranked D).  So, maybe so.
[-] The following 4 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Kammrath, michaeltex, mvossman, Nowitzki Way
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 09:41 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Dallas gets Tobias/D. Green for THJ/Bullock

I absolutely do this. Partially because it opens up more playing opportunities for JG and FN.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 09:48 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I absolutely do this. Partially because it opens up more playing opportunities for JG and FN.

I won’t trade Bullock given how well he has shot lately. I have been one of JG’s biggest advocates but we need to learn from the Seth trade. Unless you believe what Bullock is giving you lately is fool’s gold, I am in no rush to give him up. 

Memphis and GS are showing that one superstar surrounded by the right cast can make serious noise. Bucks also last year unless you categorize Middleton as a superstar.  I am not infatuated by bigger names anymore.
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 10:24 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: I won’t trade Bullock given how well he has shot lately. I have been one of JG’s biggest advocates but we need to learn from the Seth trade. Unless you believe what Bullock is giving you lately is fool’s gold, I am in no rush to give him up. 

Memphis and GS are showing that one superstar surrounded by the right cast can make serious noise. Bucks also last year unless you categorize Middleton as a superstar.  I am not infatuated by bigger names anymore.

I don't consider Tobias to be a "bigger name." I just think he is a good fit for what the Mavs need at PF potentially.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/...4651137025
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 11:00 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I don't consider Tobias to be a "bigger name." I just think he is a good fit for what the Mavs need at PF potentially.

And Danny Green makes up for anything missed by giving up Bullock.
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 10:24 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: I won’t trade Bullock given how well he has shot lately. I have been one of JG’s biggest advocates but we need to learn from the Seth trade. Unless you believe what Bullock is giving you lately is fool’s gold, I am in no rush to give him up. 

Personally I would prefer Green to Bullock (and preferred it in the offseason).  Bullock is not as bad as he as been most of this season, but he is not as good as the last few games either.  Green is a much better team defender and would fit perfect in Kidd's defense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 11:07 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: And Danny Green makes up for anything missed by giving up Bullock.

Looks like he shot well in the playoffs in fewer games last year but struggled the previous two years when he played more games in the playoffs. 

When I say bigger names, I do mean players like Tobias Harris and Green. Most casual fans would readily say they are an upgrade over THJ and Bullock. I am just cautioning against that mindset. Grass is always greener on the other side.
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 11:00 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I don't consider Tobias to be a "bigger name." I just think he is a good fit for what the Mavs need at PF potentially.

Negative defender. Pass

Bullock lowkey has been fantastic on defense, basically from the get go. People just hating on him because he forgot how to shoot. Otherwise he made the defense way way better unlike JRich. Tim McMahon called Luka defense "abmysal" on the Lowe podcast just a few weeks ago. Tho being 6th overall on defense with the mess Luka/THJ creating early on is an amazing feet from multiple guys.
You could argue the rest of the guys had to play near best defense in the league to be 6th. At some point the combo Luka/THJ played ~ 500 min together, and were dead last in DefRtg. Right now they are hovering around 25th i think.

People made fun of the offseason, but the "new guys" + Josh Green in my opinion playing a BIG role to the defensive puzzle. This isn't just all Kidd and the coaching staff with a better defensive scheme.

Bullock has the best defensive on/off on the team.

• Bullock +7.2 on defense
  • Josh Green +5.4 on defense
  • Frank +5.2 on defense
  • S. Brown +3.4 on defense

• JRich was -4.8 in comparison

Thanks to Rick ignoring Josh Green, the Mavs roster basically added 4 plus defenders. If i look at the roster last season, the only defenders on the team were DFS/Kleber and maybe WCS. KP was a liability last year, and is basically a top 10 rim protector in the league.

Last season: DFS, Kleber, WCS

This season: DFS, Kleber, KP, Bullock, Josh Green, Frank, S. Brown

Mavs without Bullock are 22th on defense. Tho i would be careful with getting rid of him. Its hard to say, but i fully believe the main reason for the better defense is also having more defenders on average on the floor.

Luka + Bullock on the floor = best defense in the league
Brunson + Bullock on the floor = best defense in the league
KP + Bullock on the floor = best defense in the league

Luka/Green +7.9
Luka/Bullock +6.2
Luka/all the other guys: negative (from the season start)

KP/Green +10.3
KP/Frank +9.8
KP/Burke +8.6
KP/Bullock +8.2
KP/S.Brown +6.8
KP/DFS +2.9

Imo you see clear pattern that more defenders around Luka/KP are working best.

Luka/KP are -5.5 on the season
Luka/Brunson is -0.5 on the season

But now you see this:

Luka/Bullock/KP are +19.3 in 114 min
Luka/Bullock/Brunson are +14.4 in 144 min
[-] The following 6 users Like sefant's post:
  • AgGiE1991, Arioch, hakeemfaan, Kammrath, MaxiThreeba, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply