Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
If the position is to get out from under KP and get back a star caliber player on a possible discount in Simmons at the sacrifice of Kp and JB(or losing him for nothing)...Im not gonna lie...I pull the trigger on Simmons.

But only after a serious interview or with an extremely thought out plan to move him if he doesnt work out here.

KP + Brunson + what is the question.  

I say we swing for the fences and offer KP + JB + player/s and maybe draft assets for Simmons and Maxey.   Total change of scenery.

JB aint no joke...we cant mismanage his value.
Like Reply
I would make that change..I love Brunson..but undersized, dubious defense and expiring guards..has limited value..also KP has negative value and 76ers have Embiid / Dru on 5 and Harris / Niang on the 4th ... why would they want to eat KP's albatross contract? ... I'm not sure that deal is very realistic ...
would do ....
Jalen / THJ / DFS / Dallas 25 for Simoms / Green (TPE)
without thinking. Ben is the best defender in the league and a 3 times allstar .. (even an idiot) would raise the roof of this team ... I think he would be great playing 4/5 (small ball) he is an extraordinary passer and super athletic .. Obviously it would require more moves to balance the list .. (Ross / EGordon / KWilliams / Hield / Forbes / Kennard / Lamb /Augustin...)

Luka / Green / Bullock / Simons / KP as a starting point is quite elitist (in my opinion)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikelo's post:
  • Dahlsim
Like Reply
The Bulls were aggressive to surround Lavine and they are reaping its rewards and if somehow (taking into account the assets) we can catch Simons..they are taking a long time to try..it is a crazy increase in talent..you will take care of solving the problems. settings .. This team has a very clear ceiling .. starting in 1..or 2 round at best ... Bucks bet on Jrue and won .. Suns on CP3 and reached the final end, the Bulls and they are powerful
Like Reply
(11-11-2021, 02:53 AM)Mikelo Wrote: I would make that change..I love Brunson..but undersized, dubious defense and expiring guards..has limited value..also KP has negative value and 76ers have Embiid / Dru on 5 and Harris / Niang on the 4th ... why would they want to eat KP's albatross contract? ... I'm not sure that deal is very realistic ...
would do ....
Jalen / THJ / DFS / Dallas 25 for Simoms / Green (TPE)
without thinking. Ben is the best defender in the league and a 3 times allstar .. (even an idiot) would raise the roof of this team ... I think he would be great playing 4/5 (small ball) he is an extraordinary passer and super athletic .. Obviously it would require more moves to balance the list .. (Ross / EGordon / KWilliams / Hield / Forbes / Kennard / Lamb /Augustin...)

Luka / Green / Bullock / Simons / KP as a starting point is quite elitist (in my opinion)

Nice try. 
Quote:Jalen / THJ / DFS / Dallas 25 for Simoms / Green (TPE)

That's a pretty good effort at finding a trade combination that has any chance of even getting discussed. 
Ben Simmons is not a fit per say with Luka on paper and KP is even less of a fit per say with Embiid/Harris which is Philly's core and where their salary cap is centered other than Simmons. 

You have a point though on talent.  For Dallas this probably-never-happen trade would be a get the raw proven talent on the roster then worry about fit later type of deal.  As much as there are big concerns around Ben, you could consider where the Mavericks stand right now and pull the trigger.  

For Philly, those 3 could be seen as fitting although there's not a star difference maker in there. A quality young PG, solid veteran 2 guard and veteran small forward + a pick, probably one player more than they need but it should get a listen from Daryl Morey. 

The Mavericks look capped around Luka/KP without a legit All star player besides Luka.  One all star in today's game is almost a kiss of death in terms of getting to real title contention.  

As bad as the recent noise around Simmons is, his 4 year run as an actual player consists of 
  • Rookie of the Year, 
  • 3 times straight NBA All star, 
  • An All NBA 
  • 1st team All NBA defensive team then DPOY runner up, 
  • Point guard for a team that made the playoffs every year he played 
  • Point guard led his team to a 1st place regular season finish in the EC. 

25 years old.  Luka would likely have to morph his game to accommodate Ben as a playmaker because Luka is rounded enough to be able to do so, Ben is not.   So yeah, in reality, Kidd would have to be a coach of the year candidate to make the personalities work, but he would have Luka/Ben/KP as a talent base and that's not nothing.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1459329905536208897
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Who else have come impressed by the Dejaunte Murray of Spurs? We met them three times now, and my impression is that he can play really well in all aspects of the game. He would be an upgrade IMO.

Also something I look for in players if they are on upwards trajectory. As Brunson, Murray has just kept improving. That's the players to target as that increases the chances that the next season of this type of player will be even better. The odds are on out side then. Another thing about Murray is he comes from Popopvich scheme. Meaning better overall team awerness and ball movement ability.

My impression from these 3 games was that he is by far their best player.

I would keep Brunson. I would look option how to add Murray. This would give us a lot of fire power next to Luka.
Like Reply
I also like Murray very much ... but it would be expensive and with Luka / Jalen / Frank I would not spend assets (which we do not have) in catching him..waiting if they buy Dragic or even Augustin, to command the bank..What would they think of making a move for Isaak ..? It is a risk, for sure .. but I suppose it is at its lowest value .. and taking into account the assets we have ... if it goes well the adjustment would be perfect, I would say that we are serious contenders .. yes goes wrong .... thoughts?
Like Reply
(11-14-2021, 05:38 AM)burekemde Wrote: Dejaunte Murray

I like him but Mikelo made a good point. If you keep Brunson and THJ there gets a bit crowded on guard spots with Bullock (and Frank and Brown and Green) also manning those positions. I think Mavs need to make one substantial move and then improve around the edges. So unless one or more of those guards are going out, guard should not be the target. But if one of those does go out, for example Brunson, does Murray really make us so much better that it makes sense spending picks? I don't think so.

From Dallas perspective I would use Powell and Maxi as salary fillers, perhaps Bullock. Assets are (theoretically) 2025 and 2027 picks. I doubt Green has much value. Nevertheless, I think those assets are puting us into conversation for a good but not quite all star level player. I think rebuilding teams are most realistic targets as they are looking for picks and young players. Contenders would want good players, so again a rebuilding team would need to be involved in a more complicated three team trade. I guess this overcomplicates things (too many theoretical possibilities) for this discussion, so I will review just rebuilding teams and their options. 

I think there are only two good options regarding the fit at TDL (or sooner). Detroit has Jerami Grant. He upgraded his game from Denver and puts up solid numbers but is not really efficient. He was great for Detroit but will be expiring next season and doesn't really fit their timeline. I think he is a great match next to KP and LD. Houston has Christian Wood. Basically same story as Grant. Doesn't really fit the timeline. Not really sure if he and KP can coexist in playoff environment. Other rebuilding teams only have interesting guards (FVV in Toronto, Murray in SA, Orlando has nothing realistic (I don't believe they are moving Isaac). Dort from OKC might be also a possibility, but he doesn't really move the needle enough imho. Other teams are still looking to contend, imho. Either for play-in/play-off or more.

After TDL more teams might decide to blow it up (Portland) and our assets also increase.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
What about Jerami Grant for DP, RB, JG, two first round picks?

Starting line up of:
Luka, THJ, Jerami Grant, Maxi, KP

Bench:
JB, FN, SB, DFS, Boban
[-] The following 1 user Likes RedFlag41's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
I also like Murray very much ... but it would be expensive and with Luka / Jalen / Frank I would not spend assets (which we do not have) in catching him..waiting if they buy Dragic or even Augustin, to command the bank..What would they think of making a move for Isaak ..? It is a risk, for sure .. but I suppose it is at its lowest value .. and taking into account the assets we have ... if it goes well the adjustment would be perfect, I would say that we are serious contenders .. yes goes wrong .... thoughts?
Like Reply
oh I accidentally doubled my comment..Grant would be a great improvement..although I think there is some kind of Grant connection with the Pistons property, which probably needs an overpayment..although certainly an interesting target
Like Reply
(11-14-2021, 07:20 AM)Mikelo Wrote: Grant would be a great improvement..although I think there is some kind of Grant connection with the Pistons property, which probably needs an overpayment..although certainly an interesting target

For sure we don't know how much Grant and Detroit really love eachother in a sense that they want to continue their story. Not all decisions are rational. But from rational perspective, Detroit is not near contending at all, probably still several years away. This season is clearly showing it. So a player like Grant doesn't make a lot of sense and he is expiring next season. They might lose him for nothing. From Grant perspective he really got what he wanted from Detroit. He showed he is more than a 3-D DFS/Maxi type player we thought he was before Detroit. He raised his value and is probably looking at near max money for his next contract. He is not a number one option, but can probably be a great number 2 or 3 on a good team. I think Tobias Harris is a nice comparison. Rational move for him is to go to contender and compete. From rational perspective moving him makes sense for both Detroit and him, imho. I could also imagine that Detroit would listen where Grant wants to go, so convincing him that this is Dallas would also be nice.
Like Reply
I would be really cautius before giving away remaining draft picks, now after Luka signed his extension. 

First priority must be extending JB & DFS. 

Other things is KP at a center. If KP can continue with this performances then we are really close to become, let's say contender. 
If only 1 reclamation project and/or draft pick succed then we're becoming really close to become contender.

If KP plays at the 5 then there is nothing to change. Powell on the bench and Marjanovic as the 3 center in the roster. WCS is expiring at the end of the season, and FO need to decide what to do with the Brown.

At the power forward is different situation. There we need really good starter on that position. Would to like to see if we can take player like Bagley here as a reclamation project, or see the price of Covington or TJ Warren in free agency after injuries.

At small forward position also nothing to change. Would just probably like to take a chance to Kevin Knox as the 3 option after Bullock and DFS.

At the SG and PG also nothing to change. Goran will become a Maverick and it's only a matter of time, so i wouldn't give nothing significant to get him. He is probably becoming a Mavericks at the TDL or in the free agency next summer and as someone who watched him whole career i think also his next contract could also be around 4-5 mil. per season just to come/stay in Dallas.
Like Reply
(11-14-2021, 07:00 AM)RedFlag41 Wrote: What about Jerami Grant for DP, RB, JG, two first round picks?

Starting line up of:
Luka, THJ, Jerami Grant, Maxi, KP

Bench:
JB, FN, SB, DFS, Boban

I think that would be best possible scenario for Mavs and one of my favorite options to pursue this season. 3-1 trades are difficult to make so two more guys (hopefully expiring) would be coming our way. Lets say McGruder and Garza. Minor comment on lineups - I think DFS starts and Grant plays PF with Maxi coming from the bench. This move would have us around 136 mil salary next season without Brunson and DFS. Every move from here is basically tax. Only rMLE is possible. We would also have 2022 draft pick for another minor trade on draft night with Burke, Bobi and Brown contracts as possible salary fillers.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/statu...4517834755
Like Reply
What do you think of Boucher? enters the TPE .. Good rebounder and Blocker..can shoot 3 and is expiring .. thoughts..?
Like Reply
(11-16-2021, 08:52 AM)Mikelo Wrote: What do you think of Boucher? enters the TPE .. Good rebounder and Blocker..can shoot 3 and is expiring .. thoughts..?

He has been bad this year.   He was a name I brought up this offseason.  I spent some time on the Raptors redditt boards this summer reading about the Dragic situation.   Prior to the season they thought they would not be able to re-sign Boucher and would want to move him during the year.  Although at the time, their expectant returns were pretty high.

Now he has struggled and I believe the coach has made some comments about his struggling.   I worry about guys who do not play well with that coach...especially if it an effort thing.  

I don't think I would give up Green for him, but best case you could see him playing 20 minutes a game here if he was right.  But his struggle this year has given me pause.  For the TPE, that could be interesting.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/...6528415745
Like Reply
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10018514
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply
(11-18-2021, 09:32 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10018514

Though I think The Ringer quality has gone down a lot,  it was fascinating to listen to the Wizards turnaround podcast.

Their new GM turned John Wall + lottery protected 1st round pick + three 2nd round picks into Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Montrezl Harrell, Kyle Kuzma and the draft rights to Isaiah Jackson.

Ridiculous; three quality players entering their prime years for John Wall. Add the sneaky Gafford trade and you see what a great GM can do in a short amount of time. Only one bad contract left (Bertans) and the 3rd best record in the league, while Hachimura and Bryant haven´t even played yet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • Omega_Supreme
Like Reply