Poll: Who will win the game (Mavs are 2.5 pt favs)?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
80.00%
12 80.00%
Trail Blazers
20.00%
3 20.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
GAME 3: POR (2-1) @ DAL (2-1) | 119-121 loss
(10-28-2019, 09:28 AM)omahen Wrote: Why do you want a separate bench unit? This is the whole idea of staggering KP and Luka, so that we have 48 minutes of strong lineups on the floor. Portland also has all the time at least one of Lillard/CJ on the floor. 

We have a 10 strong rotation of role players and all line-ups will be fluid. How many times does RC need to repeat that :-) These are not consistent players as it can already be seen. One game they are invisible, next one they score 20 points. Just look at DFS, Maxi, Wright, Brunson production in first three games. This means RC will need to start a what he thinks is best starting five for each opponent and adjust during the flow of the game.

So, what, I'm not for 48 minutes of strong lineups? Come on now. And RC's comments about lineups being fluid are about the fact that he plays with lineups early in the season to find the combos that he likes, to get to know his players and to build data on different lineups. And I don't think that Luka and KP have to share all their minutes. 

I don't want the lineups to be completely binary. I want some measure of mixing and matching. But the reason I've had the thought of a cohesive bench unit is because the Mavs have had success with winning the bench battle the last few years by having a unit that destroyed the other team's bench. Various iterations involving JJB, Devin and Powell have built great chemistry and won their minutes. Now that the Mavs actually employ viable, even star level, starters, a killer bench unit would no longer be for naught. 

I know this can be done either way (a defined bench unit or completely fluid lineups). And like I said, I'm not for completely binary lineups. But I'm actually as much for Luka/Brunson being staggered as I am Luka/KP, and I'm for Brunson building some chemistry with some folks when he runs the team. I liked our death lineup.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 3: POR (2-1) @ DAL (2-1) | 119-121 loss - by fifteenth - 10-28-2019, 09:45 AM