Poll: Will JRich wear a Mavs jersey in November
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
8.89%
4 8.89%
No
91.11%
41 91.11%
Total 45 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will JRich be a Maverick in November
I was reading reddit and someone posted that Jake Fischer said Boston could be an option for Richardson.

In the comments, it was mentioned Boston has a TPE.  It looks like the article below, they actually have 5.  For their larger one, they list Larry Nance, Sataransky, and Hernangomez listed.   I think I would prefer Nance over Richardson, but the other two are comparable.   Although Nance has a longer contract.  An expiring Richardson could be useful in a potential Beal trade push next year. 

https://hardwoodhoudini.com/2021/06/19/b...e-targets/

I am a dummy to this stuff, but I also read Boston's TPE is 150K below Richardson's salary so they would need to include some sort of player back.   Boston has pick 45 in the second round.  

Not sure if it is possible, but interesting.  I could see Boston seeing if they could rehab Richardson but also have him as salary filler in case Beal becomes available.
Like Reply
Boston does have a "type", and I can see them having interest in JRich.

You're correct that their TPE is too small to fit Richardson, though. If there's a cap-clearing move to be had for Dallas, it would probably involve a 3rd team to take on a Boston salary like Smart or Thompson into space.
[-] The following 2 users Like Tyler's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, omahen
Like Reply
They could go 2 for 1 by taking Powell into the TPE then swap TT for JRich.
[-] The following 2 users Like SkenfromLMF's post:
  • Benskix2, DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(07-27-2021, 05:43 PM)Tyler Wrote: You're correct that their TPE is too small to fit Richardson, though. If there's a cap-clearing move to be had for Dallas, it would probably involve a 3rd team to take on a Boston salary like Smart or Thompson into space.

That makes a lot of sense. JRich to Boston, Thompson and a couple of Boston second rounders to OKC. Everyone wins and Presti is two steps closer to owning all the picks.
Like Reply
(07-28-2021, 07:31 AM)omahen Wrote: That makes a lot of sense. JRich to Boston, Thompson and a couple of Boston second rounders to OKC. Everyone wins and Presti is two steps closer to owning all the picks.

Mosley did have Thompson when he was a Cleveland assistant.  Orlando could also be a TT destination.
Like Reply
(07-28-2021, 07:43 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Mosley did have Thompson when he was a Cleveland assistant.  Orlando could also be a TT destination.

Thompson did have some comments about Mosely when he was interviewing for head coach jobs.   I remember that.  Not sure how much pull Mosley will have on player acquisition though.   In addition, if they do draft Scottie Barnes they are filled with long athletes who do not shoot the ball very well.    

So maybe Maxi?  I would prefer to hold on to Maxi, but we will see.    I expect Lowry will be closer to 25 million than 30.

Wrong thread, but there are some reports the Celtics may have some interest in Myles Turner.  If true, that probably means Smart to Indy?  Maybe it is all rumors and no truth.  If Indy does move off of Turner, would they want Powell to help the bench.  There are some reports the Indy locker room was a mess last year.   Powell could help with the adoption of Carlise's offense and we all know he is a great team guy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(07-28-2021, 07:51 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Thompson did have some comments about Mosely when he was interviewing for head coach jobs.   I remember that.  Not sure how much pull Mosley will have on player acquisition though.   In addition, if they do draft Scottie Barnes they are filled with long athletes who do not shoot the ball very well.    

So maybe Maxi?  I would prefer to hold on to Maxi, but we will see.    I expect Lowry will be closer to 25 million than 30.

Wrong thread, but there are some reports the Celtics may have some interest in Myles Turner.  If true, that probably means Smart to Indy?  Maybe it is all rumors and no truth.  If Indy does move off of Turner, would they want Powell to help the bench.  There are some reports the Indy locker room was a mess last year.   Powell could help with the adoption of Carlise's offense and we all know he is a great team guy.

If Smart is the outgoing, then JRich to Boston also makes sense.
Like Reply
I take it he didn't make it.  Big Grin
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
[-] The following 1 user Likes audiosway's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Bye Josh, thanks.
Like Reply
JRich didn't even make it to August.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsFansForLife/stat...79264?s=20

For posterity.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 09:40 PM)Hypermav Wrote: https://twitter.com/MavsFansForLife/stat...79264?s=20

For posterity.

They were dogs all right, but not in the way we thought.
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 09:53 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: They were dogs all right, but not in the way we thought.

We thought we were getting DMX but we ended up with the Baha Men.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Mapka
Like Reply