Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: EJ Onu to DAL | 6'9.75" no shoes, 7'8.5" wingspan | non-guaranteed contract?
Not going to get geeked up just yet, about a guy nobody's heard of.  Sometimes these things work out, sometimes they don't.
Like Reply
What a giant human being.

Lots of UFAs this year.  It was already mentioned but that's not great news for Hinton and/or Bey right now.
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 01:16 AM)Jym Wrote: With his size and athletic ability I'm kinda surprised he stayed NAIA all 4 years 
I wonder if he ever got any serious D1 transfer consideration. 
Moves amazingly

In his words, from the article at the top of the thread:

"After two years, I started to get some high-major offers like West Virginia. I could have transferred but I stayed with Coach Thomas. This program gave me everything I have. Coach Thomas changed my life so I wanted to be loyal to his program. 100 percent. I never thought about leaving. I knew I was going to stay all four years. I wanted to win a championship."
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 10:22 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: What a giant human being.

Lots of UFAs this year.  It was already mentioned but that's not great news for Hinton and/or Bey right now.

I don't think it changes much. 
They didn't prove anything during their time here, and summer league rosters is always filled with UDFA along other players who didn't make it with their teams past year.
Both aren't under contract currently and we have a new regime, regardless of yesterday it was always going to be up to them to prove themselves during summer league till end of preseason. 
All UDFA could be failures, and we still don't bring Hinton, Bey or even Terry back
They simply didn't earn a roster spot for next year, yet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes khaled1987's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
From the video it looks like he's pretty raw and buit his game playing against little people. That doesn't mean he can't be coached up, and I'm sure there are people here with better eye talent than me, but he looks to me like he might have a good bit of work to do. Maybe he's a fast learner.
Like Reply
Now that Dirk is back in the fold, he can show him all he knows, fade-away, 3-point shot, automatic from the FT line etc. Easy-peasy. Then, the Mavs would have a player.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/IsaacLHarris/status/...0578388996
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/jstevetraining/statu...8683758593
Like Reply
I was checking in on NBASupes and they mentioned this kid as a good pickup by the Mavs.
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 09:02 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I was checking in on NBASupes and they mentioned this kid as a good pickup by the Mavs.

What other nuggets does Supes have for us these days?
Like Reply
I didn't see anything Mavs related.  He was pretty down on JC for near Max money tho.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status...5111022604
Like Reply
Onu is probably a camp body with the plan to get him in the G league. But I'd love for him to stick around somehow. It'll be interesting to see what the roster looks like by the start of camp if/when a few other trades finally happen.
Like Reply
He has to be somewhere he can get minutes. Has to. But I LOVE the way he looks.
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 04:05 AM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: IF the Mavs operate UNDER the cap the odds increase that they will have a chance to at least be the 2-way players. 

Didn't we already go over the cap and then use the full MLE on Bullock?
Like Reply
Annual training camp guy. His goal is just to hustle, be a good presence in the locker room, and laugh at Cuban's jokes when he interacts with him. Then he can get a spot on the Legends for the season.
Like Reply