Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dameris and Followill on the Presser
(07-17-2021, 05:51 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: I put up the post I put up at the top of this page, saw it there on page 3 and then came back this morning and it was gone.   I was there, then it was gone...I didn't delete it.

Are you sure you didn't post it in another forum?  That's happened to me before.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • TXBamanut
Like Reply
I saw where a post was deleted. I thought it was deleted by the author. Didn't pay much attention to who made the post. Or who deleted the posted. Just that SOMEONE had deleted the post. Said to myself, "someone deleted a post". Couldn't read it, naturally.
Like Reply
(07-19-2021, 07:35 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Can you give me one concrete example of my words and position being used faithfully and then where they "went wrong"?

The reason I ask for this:

1) It is easier and better for critique to talk about one statement. Let's bite off one small chunk and go from there.

2) My stance in all this is that my position and statements are being repeatedly misinterpreted and misunderstood, despite my protests. Let's make sure my statements are being faithfully interpreted before talking about whether they commit "logical fallacies." 

If we can agree on WHAT I am saying, THEN we can start to critique and understand where I may need to adjust or change my positions and understanding. But if I am being misinterpreted from the get go, then that is the problem and nothing further down the line.
Like Reply
(07-19-2021, 08:52 AM)david75090 Wrote: I saw where a post was deleted. I thought it was deleted by the author. Didn't pay much attention to who made the post. Or who deleted the posted. Just that SOMEONE had deleted the post. Said to myself, "someone deleted a post". Couldn't read it, naturally.

Don't deleted posts hang?  See this thread:

https://www.mavsboard.com/showthread.php?tid=682&page=479

Rasheed has a deleted post at the bottom of the page.
Like Reply
(07-19-2021, 02:35 PM)cow Wrote: Don't deleted posts hang?  See this thread:

They do.

There MIGHT be a way to make the remnant go away, too, but if so I haven't found it in mod controls.
Like Reply
(07-19-2021, 02:40 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: They do.

There MIGHT be a way to make the remnant go away, too, but if so I haven't found it in mod controls.

It's probably better they didn't in this instance, since the acquisition is someone is deleting posts.  Unless a mod/admin delete is handled differently by the system the when we delete our own posts.
Like Reply
(07-19-2021, 02:49 PM)cow Wrote: It's probably better they didn't in this instance, since the acquisition is someone is deleting posts.  Unless a mod/admin delete is handled differently by the system the when we delete our own posts.

I have never deleted someone else's post, other than permabanning the spammers we get from time to time. 

I can report that when I, as a mod, delete my OWN posts, they remain just like anyone else's.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • cow
Like Reply
(07-19-2021, 02:54 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I have never deleted someone else's post, other than permabanning the spammers we get from time to time. 

I can report that when I, as a mod, delete my OWN posts, they remain just like anyone else's.

I don't think anyone is doing anything underhanded, for the record.  We have a small community and tensions seem to be high for some reason.  I was just saying that those hanging notifications are handy in this instance.  Smile
Like Reply
The mod record tells us all the mod activity that has gone on, to my knowledge, we can't delete that log. That log didn't say anything about deleting posts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • cow
Like Reply
(07-19-2021, 03:26 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: The mod record tells us all the mod activity that has gone on, to my knowledge, we can't delete that log. That log didn't say anything about deleting posts.

Because the nature of our pinned threads and the fact that we have so few threads that contain all of our discussion (leading to similar discussions across multiple threads), I often think i posted something in one thread when I actually posted in another.
Like Reply
(07-19-2021, 03:30 PM)cow Wrote: Because the nature of our pinned threads and the fact that we have so few threads that contain all of our discussion (leading to similar discussions across multiple threads), I often think i posted something in one thread when I actually posted in another.
Yes, and then it gets buried and you can't figure out where it was. I have that issue too.
Like Reply
(07-19-2021, 03:06 PM)cow Wrote: I don't think anyone is doing anything underhanded, for the record. 

Didn't think you did!
Like Reply