Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
2021 FREE AGENCY: Markkanen wants out of CHI | DAL "definitely interested"
(08-04-2021, 08:01 AM)TXBamanut Wrote: Kawhi isn't playing next year, but rehabbing his torn ACL, but that would be a great step back 7-8 seed next year... Leap forward the following year.

I also don't think Moses is your backup automatically.  I think you guys are overvaluing the shiny new toy.

Sounds right but that Onu kid looks like he can play!
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 08:01 AM)TXBamanut Wrote: Kawhi isn't playing next year, but rehabbing his torn ACL, but that would be a great step back 7-8 seed next year... Leap forward the following year.

I also don't think Moses is your backup automatically.  I think you guys are overvaluing the shiny new toy.

Shiny new toys are better than the Isle of Misfit Toys.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/14229...65251?s=21

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/14229...41824?s=21
[-] The following 1 user Likes VintagePejav2's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 09:03 AM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/14229...65251?s=21

So he won and got his max?  It was 5 for 125.

(08-04-2021, 09:03 AM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/14229...41824?s=21

New York?????   Hey man.....yo!  Over here for a smaller number!!!  Wait a minute....New York sucks and they will eat you alive if you miss a shot...come on, man.  An airline ticket to Dallas is SOOOOOOOO much cheaper (and it's a cheaper place to live).

One good thing about this...New York just got crossed off Dame Lilliard's destination spots, because Lillard and Walker as a backcourt would be MURDER defensively....
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 09:04 AM)TXBamanut Wrote: So he won and got his max?  It was 5 for 125.

Way LESS than his max....He got like $21M per year and his max was $28M upward.
Like Reply
Didn’t see the Kemba move coming. Good for him, though. He grew up in the Bronx, and I imagine he’ll be happy to be home.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tyler's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Interesting.  I wonder if I am a Knicks fan if I would have preferred Kemba vs. Reggie Jackson vs. Dennis Schroeder.    

Kemba has been the better player in the past.   Reggie Jackson was the better players in the recent playoff run.  Shroeder was probably considered the better player at the beginning of last season.
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 09:10 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Way LESS than his max....He got like $21M per year and his max was $28M upward.

He got $25M per year. But you're correct, it was not a max contract.
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 09:04 AM)TXBamanut Wrote: So he won and got his max?  It was 5 for 125.

New York?????   Hey man.....yo!  Over here for a smaller number!!!  Wait a minute....New York sucks and they will eat you alive if you miss a shot...come on, man.  An airline ticket to Dallas is SOOOOOOOO much cheaper (and it's a cheaper place to live).

One good thing about this...New York just got crossed off Dame Lilliard's destination spots, because Lillard and Walker as a backcourt would be MURDER defensively....

Collins probably didn't get an offer he was hoping for to put pressure on ATL to sign him for a larger #.    125 million is nothing to sneeze at though.  ATL has played this perfectly imo.
Like Reply
Wow Kemba getting bought out?? 

If he has anything left in the tank it'll be depleted before December playing under Thibs.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Strange offseason for OKC imo.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/jakelfischer/status/...97284?s=21
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 09:14 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Interesting.  I wonder if I am a Knicks fan if I would have preferred Kemba vs. Reggie Jackson vs. Dennis Schroeder.    

Kemba has been the better player in the past.   Reggie Jackson was the better players in the recent playoff run.  Shroeder was probably considered the better player at the beginning of last season.
They didn't have the money to get those guys. They're offering Kemba all of their remaining space.
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 09:15 AM)Smitty Wrote: He got $25M per year. But you're correct, it was not a max contract.

So I was referring to his starting year.

He starts at ~$21M...could have started at ~$28M....so he took 25% less than his MAX about.
Like Reply
Being told that the Mavs and Victor Oladipo could be headed toward a deal. Oladipo recently had his quadriceps re-attached to his knee after a failed surgery in the past did not actually re-attach the muscle. Mark Cuban views this as a “great story” and “excellent marketing opportunity.” Oladipo was also on Fox’s The Masked Singer as the masked Thingamajig. It is expected that Oladipo misses the majority of next season.
[-] The following 2 users Like VintagePejav2's post:
  • fifteenth, ReunionMav
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 09:35 AM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: Being told that the Mavs and Victor Oladipo could be headed toward a deal. Oladipo recently had his quadriceps re-attached to his knee after a failed surgery in the past did not actually re-attach the muscle. Mark Cuban views this as a “great story” and “excellent marketing opportunity.” Oladipo was also on Fox’s The Masked Singer as the masked Thingamajig. It is expected that Oladipo misses the majority of next season.

A 4 year, fully guaranteed deal worth somewhere in the range of $50M. What a steal for the Mavs!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • ReunionMav, VintagePejav2
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 09:35 AM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: Being told that the Mavs and Victor Oladipo could be headed toward a deal. Oladipo recently had his quadriceps re-attached to his knee after a failed surgery in the past did not actually re-attach the muscle. Mark Cuban views this as a “great story” and “excellent marketing opportunity.” Oladipo was also on Fox’s The Masked Singer as the masked Thingamajig. It is expected that Oladipo misses the majority of next season.

[url=

via GIPHY

[/url]
[-] The following 5 users Like Bayliss's post:
  • BigDirk41, Kammrath, khaled1987, KillerLeft, VintagePejav2
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 09:38 AM)Kammrath Wrote: A 4 year, fully guaranteed deal worth somewhere in the range of $50M. What a steal for the Mavs!!

Exactly. Winners of the offseason.
Like Reply
I guess I'm kind of shell-shocked at the moment - I understand the motivation to work over the cap to have the MLE and the TPE - one of which is swallowed by Bullock - but THJ ate all of that cap room we had? 

Reggie Jackson is still on the board. Do the Clipps have a way to keep him? Early Bird rights, correct? He has "Luka's second-playmaker" written all over him - and we have no way to steal him from the Clipps. I need my banghead smiley. Who's left out there with caproom?
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 09:44 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Who's left out there with caproom?

OKC and SAS have the most I think.

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status...4697382914
Like Reply