Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
2021 FREE AGENCY: Markkanen wants out of CHI | DAL "definitely interested"
At KL's urging and with his permission...

The following list is taken from Hoopshype. 

UFAs as of today:
Kawhi Leonard
Chris Paul

Mike Conley
DeMarr Derozan
Kyle Lowry
THJ
Spencer Dinwiddie
Norman Powell
Will Barton
Bobby Portis

JaMychal Green
Isaiah Hartenstein
Derrick Rose
Dennis Schroeder
Richaun Holmes
Victor Oladipo
Andre Drummond
Kelly Oubre
Evan Fournier
TJ McConnell
Doug McDermott
Reggie Jackson
Bryn Forbes
Blake Griffin
Kelly Olynyk
Cameron Payne
Enes Kanter 
Danny Green 
Avery Bradley
Didi Lousada 

Jeff Green
Nicholas Batum
Carmelo Anthony
Alex Caruso
Paul Millsap
Nerlens Noel
Lou Williams
Reggie Bullock
Austin Rivers
Ish Smith
Robin Lopez
Daniel Thies
Kent Bazemore
Rudy Gay
Andre Iguodala 
Malik Monk
Zach Collins
Frank Ntilikina 
Justice Winslow
Omer Yurtseven
Tristan Thompson
Dwight Howard
Alec Burks
Patty Mills
Elfrid Payton
Cody Zeller
Furkan Korkmaz
Raul Neto
Khem Birch
Trevor Ariza
Otto Porter Jr.
Frank Kaminsky 
Alex Len
Wayne Ellington 
PJ Tucker
Willy Hernangomez
Georges Niang 
Garrett Temple
Torrey Craig
DeMarcus Cousins
Gorgui Dieng
Isaiah Thomas
James Ennis
Markieff Morris
James Johnson
Jeff Teague
Hassan Whiteside
Mike James (THE Mike James?)
Tony Snell
JJ Redick
Tank Commander
Dewayne Dedmon
Gerald Green
Taj Gibson
Bismack Biyombo
Sterling Brown
David Nwaba
Javale McGee
Denzel Valentine
Tyler Johnson
Nemanja Bjelica 
Ryan Archidiacono
Solomon Hill
Moritz Wagner
E'Twuan Moore
Maurice Harkless
Bobi
Stanley Johnson
Mike Scott
Jabari Parker
Jakarr Sampson
Marquese Chriss 
Shabazz Napier
Dante Exum
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
Glenn Robinson III
Meyers Leonard
Emmanuel Mudiay 
Mike Muscala
Brad Wanamaker 
Andre Roberson 
Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot 
Quinn Cook 
Ben McLemore
Abdel Nader
Langston Galloway
Patrick Patterson
Yogi Ferrell
Trey Lyles
Luke Kornet
Harry Giles
Matthew Dellavedova 
Ed Davis 
Ersan Ilyasova 
Tim Frazier
Chasson Randle

RFAs:
John Collins
Jarrett Allen
Lonzo Ball
Duncan Robinson
Kendrick Nunn
Lauri Markannen
Gary Trent Jr.
Josh Hart
Devonte Graham
Talen Horton-Tucker
Bruce Brown
Hamidou Diallo
Terence Davis
Jarred Vanderbilt
Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk 
DSJ
Tony Bradley
Frank Jackson
Saben Lee
Jordan McLaughlin 
Garrison Mathews 
Semi Ojeleye
Max Strus
Nicolo Melli
Chris Chiozza
Thanasis Antetekounmpo 
Shaquille Harrison
Gary Clark
DaQuan Jeffries
Rayjon Tucker
Isaac Bonga
Freddie Gillespie 
Armoni Brooks 
Donta Hall
Justin Jackson
Brandon Goodwin
Trent Forrest
Javonte Green
Nathan Knight
DJ Wilson
Skylar Mays 
Tremont Waters
Gabe Wilson
Tacko Fall
Amir Coffey 

TOs
DaQuan Jeffries
Like Reply
Woohoo! 

[Image: 200.gif]
Like Reply
Thank you for the list Scott. It doesn't matter who starts the threads and this is a great starter OP!
Like Reply
@"ItsGoTime"

After dozens of dm's, you've convinced me. I think it's finally time to unveil your "bring back DSJ" campaign for the people!
Like Reply
Let's trade KP for Sexton+Love and then Maxi+JRich+Brunson for Collins.

Add a vet PG for the BAE and a Theis-type for the MLE. Re-sign THJ.

Luka / Vet PG / Terry
Sexton / THJ / Burke
DFS / Green
Collins / Powell / Bey
Theis / Love / WCS
Like Reply
(06-28-2021, 12:48 AM)Branduil Wrote: Let's trade KP for Sexton+Love and then Maxi+JRich+Brunson for Collins.

Add a vet PG for the BAE and a Theis-type for the MLE. Re-sign THJ.

Luka / Vet PG / Terry
Sexton / THJ / Burke
DFS / Green
Collins / Powell / Bey
Theis / Love / WCS

But...if they do all of that, how will they get Ben Simmons?
Like Reply
I think it’s be fun to have DSJ back (Burke would have to go but most of us would probably take DSJ over him anyway)
Like Reply
(06-28-2021, 12:26 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: @"ItsGoTime"

After dozens of dm's, you've convinced me. I think it's finally time to unveil your "bring back DSJ" campaign for the people!

Carlisle is gone. DSJ is humbled. He had the best days of his career here. I still think he has the physical tools to be a great defender. I think his passing was his most underrated aspect. Plus I think he´d benefit more from J-Kidd than Luka. So for the minimum to compete with Terry for some back-up minutes, if Brunson is in a trade. Hey why not. Confused
Like Reply
(06-28-2021, 12:26 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: @"ItsGoTime"

Only if DAJ comes with as his Luka protection.
Like Reply
Bring back Roddy too, Rick was always holding him back from superstardom!
Like Reply
(06-28-2021, 01:32 AM)SamStetz Wrote: I think it’s be fun to have DSJ back (Burke would have to go but most of us would probably take DSJ over him anyway)

I was thinking about DSJ the other day.  I just thought he looked a little bulky then my liking.   It will be interesting to see where he ends up.  He may be running out of chances, but I could also see him stabilize and break thru a little.  This offseason is huge for him, as is getting to the right team.   He needs to just focus on a role....be a guy off the bench who plays good defense, protects the ball and makes smart decisions.   That is how he will get playing time and with that he can grow and expand his role.    But he is close to being out of the league if he does not break thru with the next team.   The league is filled with point guards.    

Man, did I think DSJ would be something much better after watching him in HS.
Like Reply
Just want to throw this out here Mike Fisher style:

Sources tell me the Mavs are going for something BIG this offseason... Big fishing perhaps? I'm sure you've all heard the news that Damian Lillard is suddenly unhappy in Portland. If you've been keeping up with our fantastic reporters here at db.com you'd have already known this by now and the certain Mavs angle that we covered here (*insert link to a donut article about 12 dame to DAL trade ideas).

Well what if I said the Mavs are going for more? Yes I mean Damian Lillard AND Kawhi Leonard! 

*End Scene*

OK anyways, is that even possible? Lets get as pipe dreamy as we can here. Lets say the Mavs pull it off somehow and get Dame. Is there a scenario where the Mavs can carve out Kawhi space?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
We need someone next to Luka with an overall game, shooter and that can cut, and pass, but also create his own shot.

Dame is obviously the ideal fit. He can take games over, and needs double teams, can get Luka the rest. He adds skills, we dont have. Someone that can create own shot, facilitate, playmaking ability, and still provide some veteran skills to glue the team together. We get the entire package here, a superstar next to another superstar.

Sexton is a great shooter, but can't create for others, he has tunnel vision. Other than that, he shoots well. Too much same skills as THJ I believe although bit better player. In terms of skills, we would not get an upgrade over THJ.
Like Reply
(06-28-2021, 10:10 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: OK anyways, is that even possible? Lets get as pipe dreamy as we can here. Lets say the Mavs pull it off somehow and get Dame. Is there a scenario where the Mavs can carve out Kawhi space?

Sure it is, if Lillard trade is KP and Kleber outgoing and if JRich doesn't opt in. Than Mavs are basically there.
Like Reply
(06-28-2021, 10:14 AM)omahen Wrote: Sure it is, if Lillard trade is KP and Kleber outgoing and if JRich doesn't opt in. Than Mavs are basically there.

[Image: giphy.gif]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-28-2021, 10:14 AM)omahen Wrote: Sure it is, if Lillard trade is KP and Kleber outgoing and if JRich doesn't opt in. Than Mavs are basically there.

We would have the best wing and two guards in the NBA, maybe the best 3 in history. But KP and Maxi gone, who would play as the bigs? That would be quiet worrying. Especially losing Maxi that holds it all together.
Like Reply
(06-28-2021, 10:24 AM)burekemde Wrote: We would have the best wing and two guards in the NBA, maybe the best 3 in history. But KP and Maxi gone, who would play as the bigs? That would be quiet worrying. Especially losing Maxi that holds it all together.

rMLE, BaU, vet min. Vets should be running to sign with a team with Luka, Dame and Kawhi. You also have a buyout market. You could also play DFS and Kawhi as SF and PF.
Like Reply
(06-28-2021, 10:10 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Just want to throw this out here Mike Fisher style:

Sources tell me the Mavs are going for something BIG this offseason... Big fishing perhaps? I'm sure you've all heard the news that Damian Lillard is suddenly unhappy in Portland. If you've been keeping up with our fantastic reporters here at db.com you'd have already known this by now and the certain Mavs angle that we covered here (*insert link to a donut article about 12 dame to DAL trade ideas).

Well what if I said the Mavs are going for more? Yes I mean Damian Lillard AND Kawhi Leonard! 

*End Scene*

OK anyways, is that even possible? Lets get as pipe dreamy as we can here. Lets say the Mavs pull it off somehow and get Dame. Is there a scenario where the Mavs can carve out Kawhi space?

Of course. Just not much left afterwards.

You´d have to trade Kleber+ Brunson + DFS to get more 1st round picks for Lillard. Then you move Porzingis in a Lillard 3-way trade.

Clippers don´t even have capspace to sign a Kawhi replacement, so maybe they´d actually agree to a trade THJ+Richardson?
Like Reply
(06-28-2021, 10:00 AM)Benskix2 Wrote: Bring back Roddy too, Rick was always holding him back from superstardom!

Jason Kidd used to push for Roddy to get more minutes...just saying.

https://www.basketballnetwork.net/whatev...-beaubois/

https://www.sbnation.com/2010/6/14/15176...k-carlisle
Like Reply
(06-28-2021, 10:10 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Just want to throw this out here Mike Fisher style:

Fish actually (no joke) has an article up that seems (I couldn't bring myself to read it) like it explains how the Mavs can carve out room to sign Lowry AND DeRozan. 

He has been running the same play for so, so long.
Like Reply