Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
2021 FREE AGENCY: Markkanen wants out of CHI | DAL "definitely interested"
(08-02-2021, 07:43 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: FWIW, DeRozan has played SF/PF the last 2 years for the Spurs. Positions are kinda meaningless but he fits. I think if the Mavs offer him 20M a year it'd be attractive enough. Just have to shed 6M.

A Luka/DeRozan/THJ lineup is going to be unsalvageable defensively.
Like Reply
Luka time. Happy thoughts. Crush the Germans.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...3749059585
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 08:00 PM)mvossman Wrote: A Luka/DeRozan/THJ lineup is going to be unsalvageable defensively.

YOLO
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 08:00 PM)Tyler Wrote: Looks like the full MLE to me. Which means the Brown deal probably is the BAE. I think they can also both fit into capspace if they prefer to use the rMLE instead of the TPE, but holding onto the larger TPE probably makes more sense.

Thanks.  I was just coming back here to type that.

TPE = Theis?  Markkanen?  Nance?  Aminu?

(08-02-2021, 08:00 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Luka time. Happy thoughts. Crush the Germans.

When does that start
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 08:04 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Thanks.  I was just coming back here to type that.

When does that start

Theis signed with Houston.  Tip of was a few minutes ago.
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 08:04 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Thanks.  I was just coming back here to type that.

When does that start

Three minutes ago.
Like Reply

When does that start

Not a starter in that group.  I was hoping to upgrade two starters, but does not look like we will upgrade even one.  Replacing Maxi with Bullock is a lateral move and THJ was always an option to start.  We have burned most of the cap.  Not sure how a Dragic trade works.  It will have to be over the cap.  Would they take Powell and WCS?  Do we have to attach an asset?  If we do get that done, who starts?
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 07:54 PM)omahen Wrote: Full MLE

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...6457012226

Or is that even more?

Okay I really don't like that number.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Might have to sign the younger Dragic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • cow
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 08:11 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Might have to sign the younger Dragic.

Stole my post. lol
Like Reply
Well since it seems we’re likely operating over the cap, let’s hope Nico can salvage a starter or two out of the TPE and some combo of Powell/Burke/WCS/Green/M. Brown/Terry. And no, Dragic doesn’t count as a starter.
Like Reply
Well it looks like the Mavs signed decent wing depth that have both length and shooting.  That was a need.

But they are still missing another creator and a physical player.  Not sure how they get both.   Not sure which one I prefer more, probably the best player at those two spots.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft, omahen
Like Reply
I have major concerns right now. 

We cam into FA needing 2 starters. THJ is not a starter IMO. 

We currently have added 0 starters, and only have 11 mill to add another. 
We also added another big contract with Bullock with absolutely no upside. Good luck trading that next year. 

No cap flexibility, no talent increase, no starters. 

This all adds up to Luka getting traded 2 or 3 years from now. 
I have no idea what this team is thinking or doing. 

I was even fine with the moneyball approach. This is a worse version of FA than I could have possibly imagined.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cjeter24's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
The negativity in here is so intense.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth, Hypermav, omahen, Tyler
Like Reply
Does the new MBT consider Bullock to be an upgrade over JRich?  He’s your starter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DaRiv's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 08:18 PM)DaRiv Wrote: Does the new MBT consider Bullock to be an upgrade over JRich?  He’s your starter.

The fact he can shoot threes means he's already off to a better start than JRich.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, Tyler
Like Reply
86 million over 3 years for Hardaway and Bullock.   while Lonzo Ball is going to make  64 million over the 1st 3 years.  Wow that Bullock deal is really bad.
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 08:15 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The negativity in here is so intense.

What did you expect after tonight. Just compare the names that most posters discussed in the last couple of weeks to the signings of today. Don´t think anyone even mentioned Bullock or Brown. I don´t see anything that would improve the roster compared to last season. Now we have to hope for a 10m TPE or a trade.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 08:15 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The negativity in here is so intense.

We haven't raised the ceiling of the team.  Granted there is still time but if it stands as it is now, we've spent three offseasons spinning our tires in the mud.
Like Reply