• 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
2021 FREE AGENCY: Markkanen wants out of CHI | DAL "definitely interested"
https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-free-age...-williams/
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/BrianTRobb/status/14...5690784774
Like Reply
“I think both the L.A. teams are gonna be sniffing around Kemba Walker. I think that’s the market. Now I don’t know if they can get up to the money. I don’t know if they have whatever Oklahoma City wants, but that’s the level, that’s the kind of distressed whatever that I think they could target.”

https://es.pn/2av8Ou9
Like Reply
Probably nothing but just realized Lillard and Derozan have the same agent: Aaron Goodwin.   I remembered that name and at one time he was Kidd's agent.    It looks like Kidd now has Schwarz as his agent.    

So I guess what I am saying, we sign Demar and then Goodwin pushes Dame to Dallas in a trade.   Ha...I wish it was that easy.
Like Reply
(07-07-2021, 02:32 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Given how agent relationships with front offices drive a lot of the movement in the league, I think Dame absolutely can force a trade to wherever he wants to go.

If he said to POR, "listen I'm done here. I only want to go play with Luka (and Kawhi) please make it happen", odds are Portland will do everything they can to get the best deal from the Mavs and honor Dame's wishes.

Because if they didn't do that, then I can almost assure you Dame's agent will go to Olshey and say "if you don't honor this request, I will make sure none of my current or future clients will ever consider Portland as a destination in the future"

Further, the team that does try and trade for Dame who isn't on his list will be getting a disgruntled star that doesn't want to be there anyways. And isn't that the exact same situation POR is in right now? Why would any team want to take the risk and gut their assets for a guy that might force his way out as soon as he arrives?

Obviously all of this is contingent on Dame saying "trade me to the Mavs I only want to go there". I don't think he'll do that. But if he really wants to play with Luka (which is a very real possibility), then POR doesn't really have many options.

I find it hard to believe an agent can strong arm a team to take on a much worse trade package for 4 years of a player.  That's not how it played out with Kawhi.  The Clippers payed a kings ransom for George.  We are not capable of making that kind of package.
Like Reply
(07-07-2021, 02:32 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Given how agent relationships with front offices drive a lot of the movement in the league, I think Dame absolutely can force a trade to wherever he wants to go.

If he said to POR, "listen I'm done here. I only want to go play with Luka (and Kawhi) please make it happen", odds are Portland will do everything they can to get the best deal from the Mavs and honor Dame's wishes.

Because if they didn't do that, then I can almost assure you Dame's agent will go to Olshey and say "if you don't honor this request, I will make sure none of my current or future clients will ever consider Portland as a destination in the future"

Further, the team that does try and trade for Dame who isn't on his list will be getting a disgruntled star that doesn't want to be there anyways. And isn't that the exact same situation POR is in right now? Why would any team want to take the risk and gut their assets for a guy that might force his way out as soon as he arrives?

Obviously all of this is contingent on Dame saying "trade me to the Mavs I only want to go there". I don't think he'll do that. But if he really wants to play with Luka (which is a very real possibility), then POR doesn't really have many options.

Wishful thinking IMO.

With 4 years left on his deal, Dame and his agent dont have that kind of power.  The agent would be more likely to be blackballed by the NBA if he tried pulling a stunt like that.
Like Reply
(07-09-2021, 11:49 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: The agent would be more likely to be blackballed by the NBA if he tried pulling a stunt like that.

Agents have done MUCH worse things than forcing a trade to a particular destination for his player. So no I don't think Dame's agent would be blackballed.

I mean heck James Harden just got traded with 4 years left on his deal. His agent/Harden himself forced the Rockets to 2 destinations based on his list. Harden went for 3 picks and 4 pickswaps and HOU got back some middling talent. 

If the Mavs found a way to a 2023 pick, they could easily match that 3 FRPs+ 4 pickswap framework for Dame.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/HoopsRumors/status/1...1668913157
Like Reply
(07-07-2021, 06:16 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/BrianTRobb/status/14...5690784774

Now ask Beal about how much talk there will be with guys on the Slovenian team about teaming up in the future.
Like Reply
(07-12-2021, 10:24 AM)Tyler Wrote: Now ask Beal about how much talk there will be with guys on the Slovenian team about teaming up in the future.

Beal and Tatum are legit best friends. The Celtics have no committed long-term salaries for 2022/2023 except Tatum, Brown and Horford (14.5M guarantee). They will dump Horford to a place like Orlando with an asset. Don´t need to be a rocket scientist to figure this one out. Beal is basically a Celtic already.

Probably the reason Westbrook has his agent sniffing around trades, cause he doesn´t want to finish his career on a rebuilding lottery team.

Shame Cuban/Westbrook hate each other. I´d take a gamble on him. Contract is only two more years now.

At the time of the trade it would only be like 18 months and given the size of Westbrook´s deal we get to dump some of our trashy contracts like Powell, Burke and probably one from this summer.
Like Reply
(07-12-2021, 11:44 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Beal and Tatum are legit best friends. The Celtics have no committed long-term salaries for 2022/2023 except Tatum, Brown and Horford (14.5M guarantee). They will dump Horford to a place like Orlando with an asset. Don´t need to be a rocket scientist to figure this one out. Beal is basically a Celtic already.

Probably the reason Westbrook has his agent sniffing around trades, cause he doesn´t want to finish his career on a rebuilding lottery team.

Shame Cuban/Westbrook hate each other. I´d take a gamble on him. Contract is only two more years now.

At the time of the trade it would only be like 18 months and given the size of Westbrook´s deal we get to dump some of our trashy contracts like Powell, Burke and probably one from this summer.

I love Westbrook.  He's a maniac on the court and I mean that in the best way possible.  I'm just not sure I'd ever want him on my team.
Like Reply
(07-12-2021, 02:28 PM)cow Wrote: I love Westbrook.  He's a maniac on the court and I mean that in the best way possible.  I'm just not sure I'd ever want him on my team.

Agreed on all counts. 

I know Luka and Harden have differences, but I feel like Westbrook/Luka is a movie we've seen before, personally, and that's even IF I could get over my agreement with your third sentence.
Like Reply
Has Westbrook ever actually elevated a team before? I'm not sure any team he's been on even in his prime would have been much worse if at all without him. They finished 6th his stat padding MVP year, then 4th the next but with Paul George.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...2675940354
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...4245446672
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status...3279188992

[Image: E6LvLweXoAIffqb?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
(07-13-2021, 05:21 AM)Dundalis Wrote: Has Westbrook ever actually elevated a team before? I'm not sure any team he's been on even in his prime would have been much worse if at all without him. They finished 6th his stat padding MVP year, then 4th the next but with Paul George.
Did you forget he was a key cog on that OKC team that made the Finals and lost to the Heat?
Like Reply
(07-13-2021, 09:40 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status...3279188992

[Image: E6LvLweXoAIffqb?format=jpg&name=large]

SA is the real competition here. Would be great to pull of that KP for Murray trade pre free agency. Taking SA out of the JC market and making DAL a strong favorite to land him.
Like Reply
(07-13-2021, 10:13 AM)Okstate819 Wrote: SA is the real competition here. Would be great to pull of that KP for Murray trade pre free agency. Taking SA out of the JC market and making DAL a strong favorite to land him.

Yep, two horse race IMO. 

SAS is a big concern of mine. I think Pop could turn JC into a monster. I wonder what SAS would be willing to offer ATL in a sign and trade, that ATL would want. 

If I am DAL, I offer Maxi + DFS + ??? if I have to. Help ATL get whatever pieces they need, but try to avoid 1st round draft compensation if at all possible. 

IMO, the Mavs need to be ALL IN on JC, because I just don't think there is another comparable talent that is as attainable and as good as a fit with Luka (age and role).
Like Reply
(07-13-2021, 10:23 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Yep, two horse race IMO. 

SAS is a big concern of mine. I think Pop could turn JC into a monster. I wonder what SAS would be willing to offer ATL in a sign and trade, that ATL would want. 

If I am DAL, I offer Maxi + DFS + ??? if I have to. Help ATL get whatever pieces they need, but try to avoid 1st round draft compensation if at all possible. 

IMO, the Mavs need to be ALL IN on JC, because I just don't think there is another comparable talent that is as attainable and as good as a fit with Luka (age and role).

Agreed. We have to get JC to pick our offer sheet first. That means matching the full max that SA is sure to offer.

As long as we have a KP trade completed or one ready to execute, I have no issues giving the full max to JC.
Like Reply