Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
2021 FREE AGENCY: Markkanen wants out of CHI | DAL "definitely interested"
(07-01-2021, 04:40 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Kawhi's max is starts at about 40 mil I'm pretty sure. 

If we really want to get pie in the sky and go for Lillard as well I'm assuming they're going to reserve KP+Maxi+Brunson+Green+Terry+picks for a Lillard package in some way. 

Trading for Lillard first using all of those guys and taking only Lillard back leaves the Mavs about 1 mil shy of Kawhi's maxi. 

Perhaps it'd be easier to operate as an overthe cap team and SnT THJ/JRich/Reddick/Melli for as many picks as possible. 

Something like THJ for Goran+2026 protected 1-10 FRP from Miami.

Reddick to the Nets for 2 2nd rounders

Brunson to whoever can offer a 2023 FRP. 

Mavs then turn around and throw KP+Maxi+Green+Terry+ 2023/2025/2026/2027 FRP with pick swaps in 2022/24/26/28. Thats 8 picks right there and a young center for Lillard.

Mavs would probably stretch waive Powell if they had to get  to that magic 40 mil number, and it'd get them there. 

The entire team would consist solely of 

Dame/Goran (RMLE)
Luka/---
Kawhi/
DFS/
---/ Boban (Vet min) 

So 6 players under contract with about zero assets and cap space to fill it out. I don't know, but it'd look bleak.

I don't care who the other 9 players on that crew would be. That team would be an overwhelming favorite. I just don't see it happening.

But fuck it. New front office and new coach. Maybe we will have better luck in free agency now. There are reports of Kawhi signaling unhappiness with the Clippers' medical staff. That's pretty much exactly the first domino from when he bailed from San Antonio. And we have Casey Smith. If we get a meeting with him we should let him know how strong Dallas' strip club game is. I'm pretty sure Kawhi still wants to live in Cali but during the season you're traveling most of the time anyway so the strip club thing just might help sell it. And supposedly Dame wanted Kidd as his first choice of head coach
Like Reply
Not this shit again.
Like Reply
(07-01-2021, 04:27 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/14...90433?s=20

[Image: giphy.gif]
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
https://i.redd.it/ap805b7mfm871.jpg
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(07-01-2021, 04:38 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Preparing for the biggest Fish story ever.

Better than 3D (Dirk/Deron/Dwight)...

....is 3L!

Luka/Leonard/Lillard!
Like Reply
I'm ready to acquire Sammy Superstar.
Like Reply
(07-01-2021, 04:41 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: [Image: 8931bc02e3670100e91adc4a27a9fdd2.gif]

[Image: ent.gif]
Like Reply
(07-01-2021, 08:31 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Better than 3D (Dirk/Deron/Dwight)...

....is 3L!

Luka/Leonard/Lillard!

Trip-L
Like Reply
https://nypost.com/2021/07/02/inside-76e...-la-house/
Like Reply
Seems like every NBA player and his mother has a multi million dollar mansion in LA. 

Does any normal people live in Los Angeles? How many mansions can there be in a city?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/DaneMooreNBA/status/...0146022401
Like Reply
(07-06-2021, 10:47 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/DaneMooreNBA/status/...0146022401

"We’ve identified our needs, we’ve identified our options."

Need: To not have the highest cost-per-win ratio in the league.

Option 1: Acquire players that can occasionally mix in a W.

Option 2: Dump salary.

Find a trade that touches on both options, and I bet you'll be high on their list.
Like Reply
https://www.sportscasting.com/damian-lil...gram-post/
Like Reply
Re: Dame

If he's going to leave Portland, he will probably not come to Dallas who's roster is in worse shape.  If he's going to ring chase, he's going to go to a contender.  We just aren't there yet.
Like Reply
(07-07-2021, 01:33 PM)cow Wrote: Re: Dame

If he's going to leave Portland, he will probably not come to Dallas who's roster is in worse shape.  If he's going to ring chase, he's going to go to a contender.  We just aren't there yet.
I mean, having a redo of Kawhi’s last FA. Kawhi holds out for Dal to make the trade for Lillard, then he signs with us!
Like Reply
(07-07-2021, 01:33 PM)cow Wrote: Re: Dame

Dallas's roster is not in worse shape solely because they have Luka Doncic. He's a top 3 player in the world. Dame X Luka alone puts the Mavs in contention. 

But it'd take a massive trade. Unless Dame forces his way here I don't see it.

Though IGT did just mention what I find to be the most plausible scenario.

Kawhi comes to Dallas through FA (weird that there were rumblings about it so early), Dame forces a trade here, and the Mavs form quite possibly the scariest big 3 ever assembled.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(07-07-2021, 02:09 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Dallas's roster is not in worse shape solely because they have Luka Doncic. He's a top 3 player in the world. Dame X Luka alone puts the Mavs in contention. 

Kawhi comes to Dallas through FA (weird that there were rumblings about it so early), Dame forces a trade here, and the Mavs form quite possibly the scariest big 3 ever assembled.

Need five on the court, not two.
Like Reply
(07-07-2021, 02:13 PM)cow Wrote: Need five on the court, not two.

You're right that how basketball is played.

But do you not agree that given the talent of Luka and Dame, the other 3 on the court don't have to be the best players? Sure we want to form the best team possible, but lets try and make a hypothetical. They trade for Dame and lose most of their core rotation. Likeliest to go would be Maxi/THJ/KP/Brunson. If the Mavs went ahead and signed some ring chasers, like Batum and Dragic the team could be 

Dame/Dragic
Luka
DFS
Batum
Powell

Is that team better than the Mavs right now who were a 5th seed this year? I'd say resoundingly yes. Even moreso given how good Dame is alone. Last year he single handedly brought the Blazers into the playoffs with numerous 50 point outings. Him next to Luka would be a duo on par with prime Steph and Durant. They'd be a certain top 4 team even with a shallow bench/front court and would be a fearsome playoff team.
Like Reply
(07-07-2021, 02:09 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Dallas's roster is not in worse shape solely because they have Luka Doncic. He's a top 3 player in the world. Dame X Luka alone puts the Mavs in contention. 

Dame can't force a trade to Dallas.  He has 4 years left.  Other teams will pay bigger packages for him than Dallas can and will not be concerned about his "demand".  Toronto traded for one year of Kawhi when he clearly did not want to go there.  I can't think of any scenario where Dame goes to Dallas.
Like Reply
(07-07-2021, 02:24 PM)mvossman Wrote: Dame can't force a trade to Dallas.  He has 4 years left.  Other teams will pay bigger packages for him than Dallas can and will not be concerned about his "demand".  Toronto traded for one year of Kawhi when he clearly did not want to go there.  I can't think of any scenario where Dame goes to Dallas.

Given how agent relationships with front offices drive a lot of the movement in the league, I think Dame absolutely can force a trade to wherever he wants to go.

If he said to POR, "listen I'm done here. I only want to go play with Luka (and Kawhi) please make it happen", odds are Portland will do everything they can to get the best deal from the Mavs and honor Dame's wishes.

Because if they didn't do that, then I can almost assure you Dame's agent will go to Olshey and say "if you don't honor this request, I will make sure none of my current or future clients will ever consider Portland as a destination in the future"

Further, the team that does try and trade for Dame who isn't on his list will be getting a disgruntled star that doesn't want to be there anyways. And isn't that the exact same situation POR is in right now? Why would any team want to take the risk and gut their assets for a guy that might force his way out as soon as he arrives?

Obviously all of this is contingent on Dame saying "trade me to the Mavs I only want to go there". I don't think he'll do that. But if he really wants to play with Luka (which is a very real possibility), then POR doesn't really have many options.
Like Reply