Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
2021 FREE AGENCY: Markkanen wants out of CHI | DAL "definitely interested"
(08-03-2021, 03:40 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: And just in 6 months, the Bulls have put together a better Big Three/Four than anything the Mavs had tried recently Big Grin

Not even close to true. If KP had gotten back to NY-KP form or been able to maintain Bubble-KP form without another season-ending injury, then Luka/KP/THJ is better than anything Chicago has put together--evidence being than even with KP being a disappointment, Mavs were in the playoffs last year which is not true of Chicago or anybody they added.

Now, KP has been a disappointment and the Mavs have yet to demonstrate they can rectify that (by Kidd rehabilitating him or by trading him and moving on), but it's certainly not the case that the Mavs didn't try.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Arioch's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Wow, Lakers are absolutely stacked.
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 03:15 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Jesus stop apologizing. 15 acts like a dick with snarky remarks plenty of times. He just thinks, if you make snarky remarks  from a high horse position, it´s fine as long as you have a positive attitude toward all things Mavericks. Only a problem if it comes with a negative opinion about the MBT, that´s bad.

What´s the point of a long lasting feud. 15th and I got into an argument yesterday. Now we cleared the air. I appreciate what he adds to the community and after a good night´s sleep I can see that some of my posts might have been a little bit to much for some members.  I probably had heated exchanges with 99% of all regular posters. If I would continue to clash with them on a daily base I would probably lose my mind.

(08-03-2021, 04:13 PM)omahen Wrote: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...8999827463

Is this the Lakers tax-player MLE. Or is the salary cap not a thing for LBJ lead teams. Feels like they added so many solid players. Hard to imagine that all of them are playing for the vet min.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • fifteenth, ItsGoTime, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 04:17 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Wow, Lakers are absolutely stacked.

I'm just glad they added someone like Westbrook instead of a shooter like Hield
Makes it a little more fair
Like Reply
All the Lakers moves mean nothing if LBJ isn´t the same. That´s the most important part. Are the nagging injuries just a random thing or is the decline for real.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Damn, are the Lakers and Bulls just going to sign all the free agents?
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 04:08 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Don't let cow see this.

protect the herd

especially if you add all their ages together!
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • Tyler
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 04:19 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: 5th and I got into an argument yesterday. Now we cleared the air.

[Image: giphy.gif]
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 04:19 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Is this the Lakers tax-player MLE

They also had Caruso TE, I think
Like Reply

I don't know. Most of the guys they added I don't think are incredible difference makers and their core of Lebron/AD/Westbrook doesn't fit seamlessly. 

Besides Howard, THT, and Nunn, all the bench guys they added are super cheap for a reason. No one was lining up for Melo, Ariza, Ellington or Bazemore. The latter 2 were unable to contribute to teams that desperately needed them to as well. 

Monk is a wildcard with known off-court issues as well but it's boom or bust. 

Plus- Melo 37, Lebron 36, Ariza 36, Gasol 36, Howard 36. Super old heads. If any of them get injured the Lakers are screwed. Especially AD.

(08-03-2021, 04:27 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: All the Lakers moves mean nothing if LBJ isn´t the same. That´s the most important part. Are the nagging injuries just a random thing or is the decline for real.

We've disagreed a lot the last couple of days, but I'm glad we're on the same page here.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 04:36 PM)omahen Wrote: They also had Caruso TE, I think

One for Monk . The other for Nunn. Rest on vet min deals. Makes sense. Only one solution to catch up to them. Dallas needs a beach.
Like Reply
What if the Mavs do just depart with Powell, WCS, and a small asset for Dragic AND then take Markkanen back into the TPE on a sign-and-trade??
[-] The following 1 user Likes VintagePejav2's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
Is it just me or is LA the worst place to be for a coke addiction? Lookin at you Monk!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Mapka
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 04:46 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: What if the Mavs do just depart with Powell, WCS, and a small asset for Dragic AND then take Markkanen back into the TPE on a sign-and-trade??

Obviously, it is not ideal to have almost no lob threat for Luka/Dragic, but the shooting!
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 04:08 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Don't let cow see this.

I already flipped my icon upside down last night.  I'm on the Hunt train now.  Choo Choo!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Hypermav
Like Reply
After all the moves, the only C on Chicago roster is Vucevic. If only there was a team with a surplus of centers of various contracts Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like omahen's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, fifteenth, SleepingHero, Tyler
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 04:57 PM)omahen Wrote: After all the moves, the only C on Chicago roster is Vucevic. If only there was a team with a surplus of centers of various contracts Smile

We need our depth of barely functional centers though.
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 04:58 PM)cow Wrote: We need our depth of barely functional centers though.

send that post to Toronto...just take out the phrase "barely functional" before hitting send
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Are we impatient? Yes 

Is this starting to feel like 2019? Yes
[-] The following 1 user Likes Okstate819's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...6841072641
Like Reply