Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
2021 FREE AGENCY: Markkanen wants out of CHI | DAL "definitely interested"
(08-03-2021, 02:27 PM)Arioch Wrote: Serious Payton and Malone to LA vibes for that group.

Nash 38 with a bad back.
Payton 35
Malone 40

Westbrook is 32. Davis is 28. Completely different stages of their careers. If this goes horribly wrong, then it has to be 37 year old LeBron completely falling apart.

Also Lakers still won 56 games with the old farts and made it to the NBA finals.
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 02:34 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Another option: It looks like the Lakers could use a big that can defend in space. Someone like...WCS. They alrady had a lot of success with a big that is known for his lack of focus. A former Mavs player as well.

I actually kind of think they could also use the likes of Jalen Brunson.
Like Reply
Is Shroeder getting squeezed?   I have never been a big fan of his, but that is more of a personal preference.   

I know the Mavs avenues to get players is limited by trade, most likely.  But if you could get Dragic at 19 million for a year or Schroeder at 15 million for multiple years, which one would you want.  All things being equal.
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 02:36 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Is Shroeder getting squeezed?   I have never been a big fan of his, but that is more of a personal preference.   

I know the Mavs avenues to get players is limited by trade, most likely.  But if you could get Dragic at 19 million for a year or Schroeder at 15 million for multiple years, which one would you want.  All things being equal.

Doesn´t matter what we want. The Mavs want Dragic.
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 02:36 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Is Shroeder getting squeezed?   I have never been a big fan of his, but that is more of a personal preference.   

Dragic. Don´t want to nuke the locker room.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

I don't really want Dennis.  I'd take him on a one year deal so he could test free agency again.  He seems to be a chemistry killer and wears out his welcome quickly.  From a Luka happiness standpoint, Dragic seems like the better choice even if he isn't the better player.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/zachlowe_nba/status/...63552?s=21

1:03 is where the Mavs stuff starts
Like Reply
Tim Cato thinks the Mavs do not want to do WCS + Powell for Dragic because Powell is beloved and they like their big man depth… holy shit if true. That’s depressing. Very Jerry Jones like to fall in love with a non-star player and give them too much money.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VintagePejav2's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 02:39 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: Tim Cato thinks the Mavs do not want to do WCS + Powell for Dragic because Powell is beloved and they like their big man depth… holy shit if true. That’s depressing. Very Jerry Jones like to fall in love with a non-star player and give them too much money.

Let's just hope that is code for Toronto is asking for too much in return to absorb the last year of Powell's contract.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 02:36 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: But if you could get Dragic at 19 million for a year or Schroeder at 15 million for multiple years, which one would you want. 

I want Dragic. I know he will come in and not create drama. Schroder the player is GREAT....Schroder the presence in the locker room, yeah not so much.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 02:39 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: Tim Cato thinks the Mavs do not want to do WCS + Powell for Dragic because Powell is beloved and they like their big man depth… holy shit if true. That’s depressing. Very Jerry Jones like to fall in love with a non-star player and give them too much money.

Entering the season with five centers. Four if Brown is not making the cut. Only KP can shoot. They really know how to build a modern NBA roster. Maybe they are taking the zigging when everyone else is zagging approach to far.
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 02:39 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: Tim Cato thinks the Mavs do not want to do WCS + Powell for Dragic because Powell is beloved and they like their big man depth

Posturing. Good for them. TOR doesn't have leverage.
Like Reply
We could be having fun memes right now.....

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/142...9883773955
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • Kammrath, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 02:43 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: We could be having fun memes right now.....

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/142...9883773955

"Bald Mamba". Has to be one of the top five nicknames in the NBA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
MacMahon: „I am told the Mavs are not eager to add Dragic with a $19M salary, I don’t see  how it makes sense for the Raptors to buy him out“
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 02:42 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Entering the season with five centers. Four if Brown is not making the cut. Only KP can shoot. They really know how to build a modern NBA roster. Maybe they are taking the zigging when everyone else is zagging approach to far.

I know right! Especially with the season starting tomorrow and all.
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 02:42 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Entering the season with five centers. Four if Brown is not making the cut. Only KP can shoot. They really know how to build a modern NBA roster. Maybe they are taking the zigging when everyone else is zagging approach to far.

KP is hurt a lot so I can understand wanting depth, but geez, there isn't a complete player in that pu pu platter.

-Maxi good defender who can shoot threes.
-Powell bring energy, used to be an elite lob threat.
-WCS can play good defense at times.
-Boban is a good team guy, used to be elite offensively
-Brown is an elite rebounder and can block shots.  Are we keeping him?

Rebounding is still going to be an issue for this team.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/142264...08962?s=19
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/thehoopcentral/statu...03396?s=21
Like Reply
MacMahon & Lowe think the Mavs could be done. Okay then. Good night.
Like Reply