Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
2021 FREE AGENCY: Markkanen wants out of CHI | DAL "definitely interested"
(08-02-2021, 11:56 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Only now that you’re quoting me.

But Harrell is supposedly unwanted and fits our TPE, fyi.

Hmm. Not sure we want him. Can we get anything else out of this 4-way?
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 11:40 PM)SamStetz Wrote: We did just sign 2 potential DFS replacements...

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=82a1493bf3z4qc0dovj8u9bg3zd...w.gif&ct=g]

DFS is Mavs royalty.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • fifteenth, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Re: Powell in the Collins trade: okay, but I hope that the Raps don't do something else in the meantime, we lose out on Collins, and are stuck with the Powell Old Maid. 

Also, if we forego Dragic, what's the backup plan for a playmaker? Still don't have one.
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 11:59 PM)cow Wrote: DFS is Mavs royalty.

[Image: tenor.gif]
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 11:58 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Trying to figure out a Beal/Smart/KP swap that could allow the Mavs to add the pieces of a Collins or Dragic deal. But this kind of complexity is above my pay grade.

Mine too, but it sounds interesting
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 11:59 PM)cow Wrote: [Image: 200w.gif?cid=82a1493bf3z4qc0dovj8u9bg3zd...w.gif&ct=g]

DFS is Mavs royalty.
If it were up to me DFS would sign his extension tomorrow so he couldn’t be traded for 6 months
[-] The following 1 user Likes SamStetz's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 11:59 PM)cow Wrote: [Image: 200w.gif?cid=82a1493bf3z4qc0dovj8u9bg3zd...w.gif&ct=g]

DFS is Mavs royalty.

"DFS replacement" is an oxymoron for a true Mavs fan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 11:59 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Hmm. Not sure we want him. Can we get anything else out of this 4-way?

Right, we don’t want him. Taking him on would be facilitating Beal to Boston in a way that helps Washington find the money for Dinwidde. They have to believe they can find it somewhere.
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 12:00 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Re: Powell in the Collins trade: okay, but I hope that the Raps don't do something else in the meantime, we lose out on Collins, and are stuck with the Powell Old Maid. 

Also, if we forego Dragic, what's the backup plan for a playmaker? Still don't have one.

I guess the thinking is that it's better to live with the hope of another year of Luka and the shooters, followed by Brunson, if/when you have the chance to add a guy like Collins. 

But, yeah...it's probably going to be Dragic. 

We actually don't even know that the Mavs view Collins as a max-worthy player, at this point. We just think we know that they had some level of interest in him.
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 12:00 AM)SamStetz Wrote: If it were up to me DFS would sign his extension tomorrow so he couldn’t be traded for 6 months

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=15133346]

Seriously if we resign WCS and Boban, pay THJ, don't put on offer in to GodKing THT and trade DFS...I'm taking KillerLeft's ball and going home.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 12:03 AM)cow Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=15133346]

Seriously if we resign WCS and Boban, pay THJ, don't put on offer in to GodKing THT and trade DFS...I'm taking KillerLeft's ball and going home.
Hahahah I would be very disappointed if we end the offseason without a DFS extension
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...6891880463
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 12:13 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...6891880463

Another minimum signing for a contender.
Like Reply
Just thinking out loud for all you John Collins lovers.

-Pels gave up a FRP for the Graham deal.
-We need to tip NY to remove the protections from 2023.  
-We think Brunson is more valuable than Robinson.
-Our Pu Pu platter including Maxi to Atlanta might look more attractive with '25 & '27 attached.
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 12:20 AM)cow Wrote: Just thinking out loud for all you John Collins lovers.

-Pels gave up a FRP for the Graham deal.
-We need to tip NY to remove the protections from 2023.  
-We think Brunson is more valuable than Robinson.
-Our Pu Pu platter including Maxi to Atlanta might look more attractive with '25 & '27 attached.
I’m not a fan of trading away 25 and 27 for Collins as well as our bench (I’m keeping DFS, but I understand why he could be included). I’d offer them a swap and a second rounder, the alternative is they figure out Collins and we move on with Dragic and our 10.9M TPE to find a PF
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 12:24 AM)SamStetz Wrote: I’m not a fan of trading away 25 and 27 for Collins as well as our bench (I’m keeping DFS, but I understand why he could be included). I’d offer them a swap and a second rounder, the alternative is they figure out Collins and we move on with Dragic and our 10.9M TPE to find a PF

Are you including one or none of '25 & '27?
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 10:03 PM)omahen Wrote: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...8739946527

That's a deal for the Early Bird amount. It's probably only about $48M in hard salary, with salary starting at about $10.5M, with another $7M in performance bonuses or trade kicker (if he is ever traded).

I got lots of grief for saying it was unlikely to take 16M/18M/20M in cap room to get Holmes if you wanted him, but I saw the potential for this outcome and talked about it all along. You're welcome.
[-] The following 2 users Like F Gump's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 12:29 AM)cow Wrote: Are you including one or none of '25 & '27?
I do what I can to include none...just offer 1st round swap(s) instead since those can be 2022 and 2024.
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 12:34 AM)F Gump Wrote: That's a deal for the Early Bird amount. It's probably only about $48M in hard salary, with salary starting at about $10.5M, with another $7M in performance bonuses or trade kicker (if he is ever traded).

I got lots of grief for saying it was unlikely to take 16M/18M/20M in cap room to get Holmes if you wanted him, but I saw the potential for this outcome and talked about it all along. You're welcome.

Any guesses for Tim's performance bonuses?
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 12:34 AM)F Gump Wrote: That's a deal for the Early Bird amount. It's probably only about $48M in hard salary, with salary starting at about $10.5M, with another $7M in performance bonuses or trade kicker (if he is ever traded).

I think it's a good deal, and yep, you were right!

I just don't think he works with Porzingis, that's all.
Like Reply