Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
2021 FREE AGENCY: Markkanen wants out of CHI | DAL "definitely interested"
(08-02-2021, 11:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: To play Devil's Advocate, I'm not really sure why ATL would need DFS with Bogdanovic, Hunter, Heurter and Reddish all soaking up wing minutes. 

Seems like they'd prefer Kleber to me. 

I know that would be my preference if this were really a thing. 

But honestly, I suppose you'd have to give up either/both if there was really a chance.

Does it work cap-wise to do an Atlanta deal centered around Kleber *and* do Powell for Dragic?
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 11:46 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Does it work cap-wise to do an Atlanta deal centered around Kleber *and* do Powell for Dragic?

No idea, I'm half asleep and long past absorbing details like that. 

I think this Collins plan would be instead of the Dragic deal that's much more likely to really happen, but not sure. @"SamStetz" or @"Tyler" authored it.
Like Reply
Here are the options for Collins:

Maxi and WCS for Collins

Maxi and Burke for Collins

Maxi and DFS for Collins

I would think Maxi and WCS would make more sense to Atlanta.  Maxi and Okongwu play the PF position.  Capela and WCS play the C position.  Value wise, DFS would be the better option for Atlanta, but when you have Bogdanovic, Hunter, Huerter, and Reddish...there's not really any room for DFS.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs03's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 11:34 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I don´t know why you are so hellbent on keeping a 6/4 starter that cannot raise the ceiling of this team.
I'm okay with including Maxi in a trade that makes this team better but Markannen is a terrible defender. As long as KP is on this team Maxi has far more value than someone like Markannen.
Like Reply
I'm determined not to get my hopes up for this one, but I'll say this:

We could be seeing the Mavs wait until the Collins situation is resolved before pulling the trigger on that Dragic deal, and if so, good on them, no matter how slim the chance is.
Like Reply
Yeah, I have a really tough time thinking of a scenario that would land both Dragic and Collins via trade (without dealing KP). A Collins deal would require most of the larger contracts due to the BYC issues, likely making them mutually exclusive.
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 11:47 PM)Mavs03 Wrote: Here are the options for Collins:

Maxi and WCS for Collins

Maxi and Burke for Collins

Maxi and DFS for Collins

I would think Maxi and WCS would make more sense to Atlanta.  Maxi and Okongwu play the PF position.  Capela and WCS play the C position.  Value wise, DFS would be the better option for Atlanta, but when you have Bogdanovic, Hunter, Huerter, and Reddish...there's not really any room for DFS.

Thanks!
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 11:47 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: No idea, I'm half asleep and long past absorbing details like that. 

I think this Collins plan would be instead of the Dragic deal that's much more likely to really happen, but not sure. @"SamStetz" or @"Tyler" authored it.
Collins would have to be instead since Dallas has to trade match Collins’ 28.1M incoming salary, which takes away our trade pieces for Dragic
[-] The following 1 user Likes SamStetz's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 11:49 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'm determined not to get my hopes up for this one, but I'll say this:

We could be seeing the Mavs wait until the Collins situation is resolved before pulling the trigger on that Dragic deal, and if so, good on them, no matter how slim the chance is.

Getting Luka's Olympic friend is nice 'n' all, but the gem of that potential deal is getting out from under the Powell contract. I'd hate to lose that.
Like Reply
Sorry, because I'm sure this has been covered, but:

No way for Powell to fit into the Collins scenario?
Like Reply
The Washington/Dinwidde story needs explaining and could involve a mega Mavs-involved 3 or 4-way. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jommybone's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 11:53 PM)Jommybone Wrote: The Washington/Dinwidde story needs explaining and could involve a mega Mavs-involved 3 or 4-way. 

Yeah, there's still tons of things happening.
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 11:52 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sorry, because I'm sure this has been covered, but:

No way for Powell to fit into the Collins scenario?
Powell + Maxi almost have to fit in that trade scenario, the other pieces are up for debate (WCS/Burke/DFS)
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 11:53 PM)Jommybone Wrote: The Washington/Dinwidde story needs explaining and could involve a mega Mavs-involved 3 or 4-way. 

Is this a quote, Jb?
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 11:54 PM)SamStetz Wrote: Powell + Maxi almost have to fit in that trade scenario, the other pieces are up for debate (WCS/Burke/DFS)

Gotcha, now it makes sense. @"Mavs03" was only listing the options to put WITH Powell in the deal.
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 11:55 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Is this a quote, Jb?

Only now that you’re quoting me.

But Harrell is supposedly unwanted and fits our TPE, fyi.
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 11:54 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, there's still tons of things happening.

KP to Washington?  Big Grin
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 11:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Gotcha, now it makes sense. @"Mavs03" was only listing the options to put WITH Powell in the deal.
Yeah, I had to get to my computer to look at salaries and my original proposal cause I started getting lost, but I’m back on track now
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Collins AND Dragic could only work with KP outgoing. But like I said, I don't think Collins comes here without KP being gone anyway.
Like Reply
Trying to figure out a Beal/Smart/KP swap that could allow the Mavs to add the pieces of a Collins or Dragic deal. But this kind of complexity is above my pay grade.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jommybone's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply