Poll: Jason Kidd Superstar Franchise Coach?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
For him-Lets see what he can do with Luka
63.16%
36 63.16%
Against- Mavs are spiraling out of control
12.28%
7 12.28%
Undecided- Need evidence Kidd can coach
24.56%
14 24.56%
Total 57 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jason Kidd: For or Against
(06-26-2021, 02:48 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: And then abuses her?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(06-26-2021, 05:58 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Hopefully the Nico/Kidd combo attracts us a star in the next two years. 

Otherwise, Marc Jackson is the only guy I can think of who would have been lower on my list as head coach candidate.  Kidd is the worst kind of person.  Look at what he tried to do to Lawrence Frank in Brooklyn.  In addition, he's been a bad head coach.  Outdated schemes.  Those of you who are analytics fans should hate the hire.

I hope I'm wrong.

I don't see any reason to presume he learned nothing in L.A. If that turns out to be enough to have fixed his X's and O's, great. I personally have a great deal of hope in that. But I'm also hoping that take the assembly of his coaching staff seriously, and also that he has grown as a human being in terms of the locker room issues in Milwaukee. That's a lot to hope for, but overall, I'm very cautiously optimistic.
Like Reply
(06-26-2021, 09:29 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I don't see any reason to presume he learned nothing

Yeah, one season out of coaching, two as an assistant, as well as an admission that he "skipped the step" of being an assistant before being a head coach. I would bet he has eaten some humble pie in the last three years and probably "grown up" a lot as a coach.
Like Reply
(06-26-2021, 09:29 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: But I'm also hoping that take the assembly of his coaching staff seriously, and also that he has grown as a human being in terms of the locker room issues in Milwaukee. That's a lot to hope for, but overall, I'm very cautiously optimistic.

Rachel Nichols has a pretty refreshing take on this.

https://twitter.com/TheNineForty_/status...1112601600
Like Reply
(06-26-2021, 09:34 PM)Tyler Wrote: Rachel Nichols has a pretty refreshing take on this.

Thanks for sharing that. 

[Image: U8aQo35uer.gif]
Like Reply
I'm more worried that he's a shitty coach than about the domestic violence from 20+ years ago or the power play BS he pulled in Brooklyn.  I'd feel less strongly if he only had one failed stop.  How many coaches have sucked twice and then gone on to be really good?  His schemes were completely outdated.  It was just like Marc Jackson in Golden State.  Laughing stock of the league bad.  Steph and Klay loved MJ too but they needed to get his ass out of there to actually win anything.
Like Reply
(06-27-2021, 01:33 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: I'm more worried that he's a shitty coach than about the domestic violence from 20+ years ago or the power play BS he pulled in Brooklyn.  I'd feel less strongly if he only had one failed stop.  How many coaches have sucked twice and then gone on to be really good?  His schemes were completely outdated.  It was just like Marc Jackson in Golden State.  Laughing stock of the league bad.  Steph and Klay loved MJ too but they needed to get his ass out of there to actually win anything.

Can only hope that he learned a few things in LA. If he is still running the strong side overload defense that invites opposing teams to shoot corner 3s things will get ugly.
Like Reply
(06-26-2021, 08:15 PM)cow Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]
Too soon? Not enough? Moooo?
Like Reply
Calling Brooklyn a "failed stop" for Kidd IMO shows me that your personal animosity towards him has made you unable to objectively evaluate his coaching ability.
Like Reply
https://youtu.be/4lR0EzQ3QUg
Like Reply
(06-27-2021, 09:41 AM)Benskix2 Wrote: Calling Brooklyn a "failed stop" for Kidd IMO shows me that your personal animosity towards him has made you unable to objectively evaluate his coaching ability.

Yeah, he was so good that they told him to GTFO after one year.
Like Reply
(06-27-2021, 01:33 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: I'm more worried that he's a shitty coach than about the domestic violence from 20+ years ago or the power play BS he pulled in Brooklyn.  I'd feel less strongly if he only had one failed stop.  How many coaches have sucked twice and then gone on to be really good?  His schemes were completely outdated.  It was just like Marc Jackson in Golden State.  Laughing stock of the league bad.  Steph and Klay loved MJ too but they needed to get his ass out of there to actually win anything.

Technically he only sucked once. He exceeded expectations in his one year in Brooklyn. They made the playoffs and won a series as an underdog. He wasn't canned for performance

The other thing that gives me some hope is the main thing I see complained about from Bucks fans was his defensive scheme. The Bucks had the worst defense in the league when they hired him, it went up to 4th in his first year there. But his scheme got figured out and their defense regressed in the following years. But now we're getting him after he's been an assistant for the best defensive coach in the NBA. I fully expect him to have a new trick or two
Like Reply
Kidd’s main strength is supposed to be getting talented superstars playing well together and having fun. That’s why most of them love him. If he can do that with Luka and KP, especially KP, a lot of the other issues with the team and Kidd’s own shortcomings can be overcome.
Like Reply
All these years later, and @"Mak" finally discovers the greatness of Jason Kidd. Never thought I'd see the day.
Like Reply

Yeah, but that´s how you play the team building game.

You get the coach that the stars love. The stars come here (one way or the other), then you fire him and get a real coach. Blush
Like Reply
we need star power to attract stars to play with luka! great job Mark Cuban he's doing great with out those guys (donnie n rick) so far! KEEP IT UP CUBAN! hadn't been this happy with him in years.
Like Reply
(06-27-2021, 10:59 AM)MrGoat Wrote: Technically he only sucked once. He exceeded expectations in his one year in Brooklyn. They made the playoffs and won a series as an underdog. He wasn't canned for performance

The other thing that gives me some hope is the main thing I see complained about from Bucks fans was his defensive scheme. The Bucks had the worst defense in the league when they hired him, it went up to 4th in his first year there. But his scheme got figured out and their defense regressed in the following years. But now we're getting him after he's been an assistant for the best defensive coach in the NBA. I fully expect him to have a new trick or two

After digging deeper those rosters and what he worked with, he wasn't that bad of a coach at Brooklyn or Milwaukee.    It's the bad people politics at both stops that bothers me most.   He also had a history of being a combative personality as a player. 

Reportedly Cuban is really close to one of the Bucks co-owners Marc Lasry, so I hope an extensive phone conversation was made to review what went on there.
Like Reply
(06-29-2021, 09:57 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: After digging deeper those rosters and what he worked with, he wasn't that bad of a coach at Brooklyn or Milwaukee.    It's the bad people politics at both stops that bothers me most.   He also had a history of being a combative personality as a player. 

Reportedly Cuban is really close to one of the Bucks co-owners Marc Lasry, so I hope an extensive phone conversation was made to review what went on there.

Kidd's reputation as a coach I think got excessively maligned because of a couple memeable moments. But definitely built a reputation as a backstabber for good reason. I've even joked that was a plus for us because he might find a way to get rid of Voulgaris. The Lakers got clowned hard when they hired him as an assistant coach and there was talk about how he would plot behind Vogel's back. But he didn't really cause any drama in LA so that's the one thing he can point to in that regard
Like Reply