Poll: Jason Kidd Superstar Franchise Coach?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
For him-Lets see what he can do with Luka
63.16%
36 63.16%
Against- Mavs are spiraling out of control
12.28%
7 12.28%
Undecided- Need evidence Kidd can coach
24.56%
14 24.56%
Total 57 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jason Kidd: For or Against
With Kidd all but confirmed as our next head coach, lets have a fresh discussion here.

If you're for him please post why

If you're against I'd love to hear the reasoning.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
More interested in this "new" GM. If there is enough talent, you can win with any decent coach, including Kidd. If there is not enough talent like the past 5+ years, there is nothing Popovich, Phil Jackson, or Pat Riley could do with this team
Like Reply
If Dirk is for him, I am for him.
Like Reply
I know this is a copout...but I don't know.  We definitely took a step back on X and O from Carlisle, but maybe this team needed a change.  I will be very interested who the GM is, what is the structure and what assistant coaches are brought in.   All very important.  

My faith in Cuban is very low right now, so that needs to be factored in too.
Like Reply
+One of the few humans on the planet that can see the game like Luka.
+Has great relationships with other NBA players.
+Knows the ups-and-downs of the Mavs organization and Cuban.
+Dirk is in his corner.
?What are Luka's thoughts if any.
?Has he improved since his last head coaching stint.
-His past teams got better immediately after he was replaced.
-I have serious doubts about his loyalty and how or if that will influence Luka.
-2001 Domestic Abuse, 2012 DWI and 2018 Mavs Business Office

I'm for the hire.  You weren't going to improve on Rick as a coach.  We certainly needed a culture shift.  I'm usually wrong about everything so we are fucked.
Like Reply
The sole positive angle is that he MIGHT improve our chances among FAs but I can’t even BS myself into believing that.

The guy was terrible as a headcoach and should not have gotten another shot in the Nba. No idea why we’re doing this. His track record speaks for itself.
Like Reply
Can´t take much from Kidd´s past head coaching jobs. In Brooklyn he had a super old roster with Johnson, Pierce, Deron and Lopez. In Milwaukee he had a super young roster with Giannis, Parker, Middleton, Brogdon, MCW. Not sure whether I´d consider 44 wins and 42 wins at the peak as a great coaching achievement. I hope they hire some veteran assistant like Stotts or Atkinson to help with the Xs and Os.
Like Reply
(06-24-2021, 06:29 PM)cow Wrote: -His past teams got better immediately after he was replaced.
This is EXCELLENT news. Just fire him half-way through the year and Finals here we come!!!!
Like Reply
(06-24-2021, 06:42 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: This is EXCELLENT news. Just fire him half-way through the year and Finals here we come!!!!

Exactly. People can't see this galaxy brain 4-d underwater chess move from Cubes and this new "shadow GM".
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-24-2021, 06:42 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: This is EXCELLENT news. Just fire him half-way through the year and Finals here we come!!!!

I know you are joking but...

I'd hate this move if we were a contender.  If he can help build us to contender status, he can be replaced when we need the push over the top.
Like Reply
Im on the fence right now, part hyped(if it happens) because of 2011 nostalgia, but i want to see who his assistants are

Priority no.1 for me is keeping Luka in Dallas so if Luka is happy with it then so am i
Like Reply
(06-24-2021, 06:49 PM)Dova Wrote: but i want to see who his assistants are
JJB, JET, Tyson, Marion and Deshawn Stevenson shows our guys how to get nasty out there!!!
Like Reply
(06-24-2021, 06:53 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: JJB, JET, Tyson, Marion and Deshawn Stevenson shows our guys how to get nasty out there!!!

Aren't we forgetting someone?

[Image: gKcDm_qhyL68jbnD016m0xvjOJ6NGiRf04OpUUGP...D55Bu0rt-w]
Like Reply
(06-24-2021, 06:55 PM)cow Wrote: Aren't we forgetting someone?

Sorry, he becomes the highest paid equipment manager ever!
Like Reply
I am for him because NBA rules require us to have a coach.

(06-24-2021, 06:53 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: JJB, JET, Tyson, Marion and Deshawn Stevenson shows our guys how to get nasty out there!!!

Mark bringing back the band after he broke them up.
Like Reply
(06-24-2021, 06:55 PM)cow Wrote: Aren't we forgetting someone?

It´s funny, but usually fringe and lower level players with physical disadvantages like JJB or Cardinal make great coaches, because they have to see the big picture and think the whole game at a lot deeper levels than superstars.

Jason Kidd probably hasn´t thought that much about basketball as a player. He just did it, cause he could. It came naturally to him. He was born that way. Therefore a player like JJ Barea can likely relate a lot better to somebody like Jalen Brunson. I have a feeling that JJ Barea will be a great coach, if he goes in that direction. You can quote me on that.
Like Reply
So, what is our new MBT? Kidd - Nowitzki - Finley - Cuban?
Like Reply
(06-24-2021, 07:10 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: It´s funny, but usually fringe and lower level players with physical disadvantages like JJB or Cardinal make great coaches, because they have to see the big picture and think the whole game at a lot deeper levels than superstars.

Jason Kidd probably hasn´t thought that much about basketball as a player. He just did it, cause he could. It came naturally to him. He was born that way. Therefore a player like JJ Barea can likely relate a lot better to somebody like Jalen Brunson. I have a feeling that JJ Barea will be a great coach, if he goes in that direction. You can quote me on that.

I wasn't joking in the other threads when I said to bring JJB on as a player or coach.
Like Reply
(06-24-2021, 07:16 PM)cow Wrote: I wasn't joking in the other threads when I said to bring JJB on as a player or coach.

My problem with JJB as an assistant was that it could automatically cause an intentional or unintentional power struggle similar to Blatt/Lue in Cleveland, that would directly undermine the newly appointed head coach and subsequently the new GM. It´s just awkward and unhealthy for the hierarchy, when Luka has his mentor JJB as an assistant coach. Since I don´t care much about Kidd as a head coach, I´m good now. Bring back JJB as an assistant. Big Grin
Like Reply
Didn't the Janitor also take out Wade?...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply