Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Starting and Sacred Cows
(06-21-2021, 12:45 PM)fifteenth Wrote: My first memory of IGT is him making fun of and arguing with Rings. It seems like IGT and Pepper were both in on that. Is that right IGT?

My first db.com post was a long thread starter in defense of Fin.
I have been on just about everyone's side (and opposite side) of an argument during my time here. I do remember getting into it with Rings a few times. Don't remember specifically the argument though.

I remember your first post and being really impressed. Then you went against something I thought and I looked for an opening to get back! To this day, I haven't found a large enough opening!!!
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 12:59 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I remember your first post and being really impressed. Then you went against something I thought and I looked for an opening to get back! To this day, I haven't found a large enough opening!!!

You remember a MF thread from the early 2000s? That's amazing. Getting back?! I've been defending this current iteration of the Mavs! Surely you won that one!
Like Reply
Ok, show of hands from anyone who didn't get into it with Rings at some point.
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 01:46 PM)Silent Mav Wrote: Ok, show of hands from anyone who didn't get into it with Rings at some point.

EVERYONE got into it with Rings.  I remember he was one of the first personalities that stuck out.  Weird dude.
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 02:11 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: Weird dude.

So you know how weird? Did you ever see his Mavs website?

Couldn't find it just now. Maybe he took it down.
Like Reply
Weird dudes are awesome.
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 02:46 PM)cow Wrote: Weird dudes are awesome.

Ha ha! Well, you're awesome. But Rings wasn't.
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 02:45 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Did you ever see his Mavs website?

Oh man, that was one of the most concentrated displays of sad and crazy I have ever seen.
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 02:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Oh man, that was one of the most concentrated displays of sad and crazy I have ever seen.

Worse than the Mavs front office?
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 02:45 PM)fifteenth Wrote: So you know how weird? Did you ever see his Mavs website?

Couldn't find it just now. Maybe he took it down.

No, I missed it.  I bet it was a real piece.
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 03:00 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Worse than the Mavs front office?

Here's the thing we don't want to say, but that I tried to suggest as a possibility at the old no 7 on the night you and I met:

Sad and weird, yes, but what if Rings was right about Cuban?

(I thought you looked like you wanted to punch me when I said it, but here we are, years later!)
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 03:02 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: No, I missed it.  I bet it was a real piece.

No joke. 

It looked just like whatever old version of db.com was going at the time.
It was full of TONS of threads, filled with posts about whatever it was that he hated about Mark and the Mavs at the time. 
And he was the only poster. 

Some of us cave folk found it and posted over there to see what would happen. He immediately jumped in at us with his Mavs rants.
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 02:56 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Ha ha! Well, you're awesome. But Rings wasn't.

If you say his name three times in the mirror he will start posting here.
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 03:02 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: (I thought you looked like you wanted to punch me when I said it, but here we are, years later!)

Evolution.
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 03:05 PM)cow Wrote: If you say his name three times in the mirror he will start posting here.

His time was almost over by the time I joined, but the old heads told me his name was Richard and he was a lawyer. Not sure if any of that was true or not. 

I bet @"Silent Mav" knows.
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 03:02 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Here's the thing we don't want to say, but that I tried to suggest as a possibility at the old no 7 on the night you and I met:

Sad and weird, yes, but what if Rings was right about Cuban?

(I thought you looked like you wanted to punch me when I said it, but here we are, years later!)

Oh no. Noo. Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 03:05 PM)fifteenth Wrote: No joke. 

It looked just like whatever old version of db.com was going at the time.
It was full of TONS of threads, filled with posts about whatever it was that he hated about Mark and the Mavs at the time. 
And he was the only poster. 

Some of us cave folk found it and posted over there to see what would happen. He immediately jumped in at us with his Mavs rants.

WAIT!!  I DO REMEMBER THAT!!!

It had a real "manifesto" vibe to it.
Like Reply
@"fifteenth"

[Image: tenor.gif]
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 03:07 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: His time was almost over by the time I joined, but the old heads told me his name was Richard and he was a lawyer. Not sure if any of that was true or not. 

I told you all of that. It's true.

Also, my fan forum badge of achievement: I got Richard banned from LMF.  Big Grin

rings 

rings 

rings

Like Reply
@"KillerLeft", none of this would have happened if I had paid for your beer. Butterfly effect.
Like Reply