Poll: Who will win the game (Pels are 2.0 pt favs)?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
83.33%
10 83.33%
Pelicans
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2: DAL (2-0) @ NOP (0-2) | 123-116 win
Easy effing W

Things to watch:

• Luka / KP bromance
  • Starting unit performance, who's going to be the 5th starter?
  • KP rebounding
  • Three point performance
  • Who's going to guard Ingram?
  • Luka vs. good defenders (Holiday / Lonzo)
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1187440916598054912
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(10-24-2019, 02:13 PM)j0Shi Wrote: Luka vs. good defenders (Holiday / Lonzo)

Or will it be Ingram? If I remember correctly, Luka had problems last season against his length. He could be their best counter weapon for Luka and KP pick n roll or pop. Any other combination means huge mismatch.

In any case, I would play Beal like defense on Luka whole game changing guys on him and try to wear him out. As you said, they have plenty of good defenders
Like Reply
(10-24-2019, 01:19 PM)DrMav Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 10:57 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: We need a volunteer to do a Dirkie Thread after each win IMO...Dirkie threads were my second favorite with Mavsluvr recaps being my favorite...
If Kamm wants to do it since he’s already on top of the game threads that would work, otherwise I can do it.

A separate post-game thread makes little to no sense to me. I think the gamethread should be just that, whether pre-game, in-game, or post-game it keeps things clean and consolidated. 

Because of that keeping the Dirkie discussion here makes all the sense in the world to me, because that is still all about the game. Clutch if you want to retitle the game thread to include stuff about the Dirkie why not try that. We can also ADD the poll AFTER the game to the gamethread. Do you want me to do that?

https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/11...8997570561
Like Reply
(10-24-2019, 02:27 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 01:19 PM)DrMav Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 10:57 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: We need a volunteer to do a Dirkie Thread after each win IMO...Dirkie threads were my second favorite with Mavsluvr recaps being my favorite...
If Kamm wants to do it since he’s already on top of the game threads that would work, otherwise I can do it.

A separate post-game thread makes little to no sense to me. I think the gamethread should be just that, whether pre-game, in-game, or post-game it keeps things clean and consolidated. 

Because of that keeping the Dirkie discussion here makes all the sense in the world to me, because that is still all about the game. Clutch if you want to retitle the game thread to include stuff about the Dirkie why not try that. We can also ADD the poll AFTER the game to the gamethread. Do you want me to do that?
Maybe we do a Community poll and see what most prefer...my opinion is just my opinion and would rather it be a community based decision...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ESefko/status/1187429797942747136

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1187426925398106112
Like Reply
Hope the Mavs win in a blowout. Vegas favoring the Zion-less Pels is disrespect which can not be tolerated.
Like Reply
(10-24-2019, 04:16 PM)Mak Wrote: Hope the Mavs win in a blowout. Vegas favoring the Zion-less Pels is disrespect which can not be tolerated.

One team is without Zion. One team is without Powell. That part of the equation is probably a push, right?
Like Reply
(10-24-2019, 04:37 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 04:16 PM)Mak Wrote: Hope the Mavs win in a blowout. Vegas favoring the Zion-less Pels is disrespect which can not be tolerated.

One team is without Zion. One team is without Powell. That part of the equation is probably a push, right?
https://media.giphy.com/media/3og0IzNaAx.../giphy.gif
Like Reply
In the 4 games vs NO last year, 3 before 2019, Luka averaged 23 points, 7 assists, 7 rebounds.

In the 3 games vs Lakers last year, Luka averaged 16 points, 5 assists, 6 rebounds. 

I see zero problems with Jrue Holiday, Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram.

For once, I think that Vegas has no clue.
Like Reply
(10-24-2019, 02:27 PM)Kammrath Wrote: We can also ADD the poll AFTER the game to the gamethread. Do you want me to do that?

If this board allows the feature to add a poll to a thread after its already created, I think that could work well.
Like Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN-whdNfGRk
Like Reply
Just curious why, when you refresh the page on this board, it doesn't reload to the point in the page where you left off?  Instead, it refreshes way up higher in the page.
Like Reply
(10-24-2019, 08:39 PM)mtrot Wrote: Just curious why, when you refresh the page on this board, it doesn't reload to the point in the page where you left off?  Instead, it refreshes way up higher in the page.

Hmmm which browser are you using and on what device? because I use the Green Arrow to arrive at the page, and this catches me up to the most recent post. Then I can refresh and it does take me to the end of where I was, just like when I first arrived via the green arrow.
Like Reply
(10-24-2019, 09:48 PM)Magickian Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 08:39 PM)mtrot Wrote: Just curious why, when you refresh the page on this board, it doesn't reload to the point in the page where you left off?  Instead, it refreshes way up higher in the page.

Hmmm which browser are you using and on what device? because I use the Green Arrow to arrive at the page, and this catches me up to the most recent post. Then I can refresh and it does take me to the end of where I was, just like when I first arrived via the green arrow.

Firefox, HP Envy laptop pc.
Like Reply
(10-24-2019, 02:20 PM)omahen Wrote: Or will it be Ingram

Ingram is a terrible defender. He almost never tries. So I'm not worried there.
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
Like Reply
(10-24-2019, 02:13 PM)j0Shi Wrote: Easy effing W

Things to watch:
  • Luka / KP bromance

• Starting unit performance, who's going to be the 5th starter?

• KP rebounding

• Three point performance

• Who's going to guard Ingram?

• Luka vs. good defenders (Holiday / Lonzo)

Like to add "pushing the ball here. I was really surprised that the Mavs played that slow against the Wizards. Luka is a magician in every situation and put up 17 in 10 iso possessions, but these are "hard" points nonetheless. Trae in the meantime put up 38 and 9 effortless because a good chunk came in transition.

Sure Trae is a better pure shooter, but I felt he was getting easier points by simply speeding up the game. Not sure, but I recall Carlisle often yelling "go go" from the sideline, but Luka actively decided against it.
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 07:13 AM)j0Shi Wrote: Easy effing W

surely you know those don't exist
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 07:13 AM)j0Shi Wrote: but I recall Carlisle often yelling "go go" from the sideline, but Luka actively decided against it.

Yes I saw this too, but when Luka rejected it; it ended up in a good shot or score. So at least he did it for the right reasons, but yeah; I watched the Hawks game last night and the Pistons were HORRIBLE. Trae was just lighting it up from everywhere.
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 07:13 AM)j0Shi Wrote: but Luka actively decided against it

I would expect this role from Wright or someone else. Luka is playing a slow type of basketball for most of the time. Perhaps he needs to save strength for all the load he needs to carry when defense is set. We need someone who will take the ball and push the transition. Right now everyone is just waiting for Luka magic to happen

(10-24-2019, 02:20 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1187440916598054912

I don't think it is wise to play Maxi and KP together in this one. Maxi or KP will have problems guarding Ingram, while Favors will have no problem guarding Maxi and Ingram will have less difficulty guarding KP than Favors. We should have big rebounding advantage though - on both sides.
Like Reply