Poll: Who will win the game (Pels are 2.0 pt favs)?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
83.33%
10 83.33%
Pelicans
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2: DAL (2-0) @ NOP (0-2) | 123-116 win
Call it the "DELONIE"!!!!
Like Reply
Delon deserved the Dirkie tonight. Luka and KP were good according to expectations, but he was the difference maker. Really glad they pulled the win. I was affraid before the game. 

DFS was totally lost today. Maxi played some decent defense but lead the team with most stupid plays like that two offensive fouls.
Like Reply
Lee needs to never see the court again.

THJ and DFS need to play less than 15 minutes.
Like Reply
Bullets:
  • Mavs 2-0 for the first time since 05/06 ? These are the road games we weren't able to win the last few years. Feels so good to grind one out, especially after that kind of start.
  • Talking baout the starting unit: Not sure what Rick saw there, but Pels simply overpowered Mavs with size early. It was ugly. But he realized and never brought back Lee.
  • Luka tripe double with only three turnovers. Great game, looked in total control at times. Lucky that clutch three went in, but that's what he does. What a performance.
  • His chemistry with KP isn't quite there yet, but they had some good moments playing off each other. Otherwise it's still your turn my turn.
  • Thought KP himself might deliver a statement game, but he probably ran out of gas in the second half. Still only scratching the surface with 24 points, 5 blocks.
  • Game ball belongs to Delon Wright. He has officially arrived in Dallas. Such a great game and key steal late after a horrible DFS brick.
  • Re: Bricks. THJ and DFS is hard to watch at times. Maxi often can't buy a shot either, but is at least our best defensive player while the others have to add offense to be productive.
  • Curry only 17 minutes, but showed once again that he should eventually take away playing time from the two mentioned above.
  • Brunson a solid game as well, plus clutch shot late. You gotta like that dude. Sorry JJB...

(10-25-2019, 09:46 PM)Kammrath Wrote: THJ and DFS need to play less than 15 minutes.

I fully expect Curry to get to 30 eventually. That cuts into their minutes.
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply
You guys bench DFS and Maxi at your defensive peril!
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 09:46 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Lee needs to never see the court again.

Ban hammer!
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 09:48 PM)j0Shi Wrote: I fully expect Curry to get to 30 eventually. That cuts into their minutes.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

[Image: giphy.gif]

(10-25-2019, 09:51 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Ban hammer!

Like Reply
The funny and scary thing is:

KP still looks heavily flawed. This guy has a HUGE opportunity to grow. That's not even close to a finished product. From time to time he had stupid shot selection and looks a bit scared on the defensive end. His footwork and dribble for a guy is size is astonishing. He can really put the ball down the floor. His passing this game surprised me a lot.

Luka looked super annoyed today, almost lost his cool. In the courtside postgame interview he was super exhausted. Was a real battle not as much joy as he usually displays. He had a rather quite game from my point of view. Still got an efficient tripple double.

Delon was absolutely the man of the match. He played really smart basketball with great hesitation and control starting in the 2nd quarter. If he can repeat this performance he will be a great addition to this team.

Kleber had a nice wicky wacky performance. Great defense with some suspect offense including a dagger 3.

Lee is an afterthought and honestly I think he is showcased for a trade. I think he doesn't really fit this team. 

Finney-Smith had an awful game. He looked amateurish compared to the other guys.

Curry had some efficient minutes, he looked really good. I think he is getting eased into the game and his minutes will probably increase.

Brunson annoyed me this game with bad shot selection, taking mainly difficult shots. Not a good game in my opinion.

I didn't even see THjr, somehow he went missing from my attention.

Justin Jackson had an ok game. Some silly mistakes but all around solid and sticking with his role.

Carlisle mostly did a good job after the first quarter he made the correct adjustments. Subbing out Porzingis at the end was the right choice.

Barea was an active mascot and trainee assistant coach. Probably will not see much game time this year.

Mavs are 2:0 despite having bad chemistry. Ball movement wasn't that great. Positioning often times suspect.

But they manage to snag the win on the road from a division rival that played great basketball for stretches.
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 09:56 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Curry had some efficient minutes, he looked really good. I think he is getting eased into the game and his minutes will probably increase.

They mentioned in pregame that Curry is nursing an injured hand that he cut while cleaning up after the tornado.  Nothing serious, but it's possible that may also be a factor in his minutes right now.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1187925083161006080
Like Reply
Stars:

Luka
KP

Keepers:

Maxi
Powell
Wright
Curry
Brunson

Tradebait:

THJ
Lee
DFS

I think that Mavs still need that 3rd guy, a two-way swingman who can do a bit of everything. DFS and THJ are never gonna be that guy.
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 10:00 PM)Tyler Wrote: They mentioned in pregame that Curry is nursing an injured hand that he cut while cleaning up after the tornado.  Nothing serious, but it's possible that may also be a factor in his minutes right now.

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1187926000845361152
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 10:00 PM)Tyler Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 09:56 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Curry had some efficient minutes, he looked really good. I think he is getting eased into the game and his minutes will probably increase.

They mentioned in pregame that Curry is nursing an injured hand that he cut while cleaning up after the tornado.  Nothing serious, but it's possible that may also be a factor in his minutes right now.

Yeah, didn't know the reason but I knew he had an injury.

Curry will probably end up starting along with wright, doncic, KP and Powell.
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 10:11 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Curry will probably end up starting along with wright, doncic, KP and Powell.

Like Reply

THJ is a liability on defense. DFS is actually good on that end. He had a good game 1.

I lost it when NOLA made an open 3 after an inbound play, and THJ was asleep.
Like Reply
Hopefully the next time Lee plays he's on another team
Like Reply
http://www.tankathon.com/

Like Reply
Lee for sure needs zero minutes. THJ is fine off the bench but he is definitely a chucker. I don't mind him in manageable doses. I think DFS is fine for now. He does a lot of hustle stuff. Curry needs more minutes. I could see Brunson starting eventually.
Like Reply
Mavs already have a 2 game lead on NOP and MEM, and a 1.5 game lead on HOU. Good stuff.
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 10:22 PM)sefant Wrote:

THJ is a liability on defense. DFS is actually good on that end. He had a good game 1.

I lost it when NOLA made an open 3 after an inbound play, and THJ was asleep.

THJ looks better to me than his reputation. I don't want him starting but I think he's fine. I want to see more from DFS before I decide what to do with him. Long term he needs to be a bench player on a good team but for now Mavs might need his defense, rebounding and hustle in the starting lineup.

(10-25-2019, 10:20 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 10:11 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Curry will probably end up starting along with wright, doncic, KP and Powell.

Curry in the starting lineup would be sweet. I know this is Kamms dream and it makes sense. Mavs can play D and shoot. We are still missing another frontcourt player. I have no idea why we weren't in on Favors. We will see what this looks like when Powell is back.
Like Reply