Poll: Who will win the game (Mavs are 2.5 pt favs)?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
80.00%
12 80.00%
Trail Blazers
20.00%
3 20.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
GAME 3: POR (2-1) @ DAL (2-1) | 119-121 loss
(10-30-2019, 07:48 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Truth is the team needs both variations to be strong as both will play a role (much like last night)

I just can't see it, how a line-up of (for example) Brunson-Curry-Jackson-Maxi-DP would be better than Brunson-Curry-Jackson-Maxi-KP. Yes, on some nights for sure. But I don't see it as a long term rule, because this would mean that DP is a better (team) player than KP and the latter is not worth his money.

I would say there are two possible approaches:
1. RC slowly establishes a hierarchy and solidifies rotations without big deviations. In this case I think the best approach would be to stagger Luka and KP. I would be convinced into other possibilities if starters would be considerably worse in the minutes without KP. This hasn't been the case up to now. His presence in any line-up will navigate defense towards him, which will mean more room for others. Defenses are far from honest against Maxi and will be same with DP. Refs tend to protect stars against "no-names" too. 

2. RC keeps fluid line-ups. I like what he has done in those 4 games. Sets up what he thinks is best starting 5 against the opponent and then adjusts in the second half based on what is working best. In this case we will be of course seeing all kinds of combinations. If anything, it was proven in these 4 games, that our guys are very streaky. Jackson scored 10 points in a couple of minutes in the second quarter and then remained invisible for the remainder of the game, Curry scored most of his points in the first quarter, if I remember correctly,...
Like Reply
(10-30-2019, 08:47 AM)omahen Wrote: I just can't see it, how a line-up of (for example) Brunson-Curry-Jackson-Maxi-DP would be better than Brunson-Curry-Jackson-Maxi-KP. Yes, on some nights for sure. But I don't see it as a long term rule, because this would mean that DP is a better (team) player than KP and the latter is not worth his money.

(10-30-2019, 08:10 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Might a KP plus bench lineup eventually be strong?  Obviously.  Every one of us assumed so prior to the season starting.  Can a Neither lineup also be strong?  Obviously.  Truth is the team needs both variations to be strong as both will play a role (much like last night).
Like Reply