Poll: Who will win the game (Mavs are 2.5 pt favs)?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
80.00%
12 80.00%
Trail Blazers
20.00%
3 20.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
GAME 3: POR (2-1) @ DAL (2-1) | 119-121 loss
Heart 
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1188185272485322754
Like Reply
This is the best time to rack up wins during this easy stretch of games...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Dallas +15

Dallas will feast on Portland. They cannot contain Porzingis and Luka.

If our perimeter defenders have a good day it will be an easy game.

Portland seems to have a weak bench. Whiteside looks to have integrated somewhat positively.

I think Portland will have Problems with our height and depth.

http://www.sportstwo.com/threads/game-3-...nw.349880/

They do some nice game threads over there.
If I had a better working computer I might contribute on a better level though!
Like Reply
"If our perimeter defenders have a good day it will be an easy game."

Exactly the reason we should bring in DW and Maxi and DFS as starters. We will be very hard to break down with 4 outstanding defenders (KP, Maxi, DW, DFS) and one solid one (Luka). With KP and Luka, we will always be able to make something offensively. 
Like Reply
Still like Curry with Wright and Maxi around Luka and KP as starters. Still quite good defensively, without complete reliance on Luka and KP. Curry needs more minutes regardless.
Like Reply
What's up with the silence Smile
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1...9676393472
Like Reply
Quote:Kjironman1

Bring on the Mavs. This is gonna be a tough one. Doncic and Porzingas are putting on a show so far this season. The thing is that the Blazer actually match up with them well. A bunch of close games recently do not really tell the story. Too many changes in the rosters. First off Dallas does not have a second unit player this year the likes of Dirk. Couple games last year he came off the bench and hit some key shots to keep them in the game. Brunson does not strike fear in teams like Lillard does. If Whiteside continues to dominate around the rim The Mavs will struggle. If I'm Stotts i would hammer them with Whiteside and Collins until they adjust to stop the Blazers. That leaves having to control Doncic. Hood will get the start on Doncic and that will be a key matchup. My thinking here is the Blazers need to show up with Hood/Bazemore vs Doncic. Yes Baze gives up a little height but that 7' wingspan can make Luka's life tougher.

If the Mavs decide to try to lock Lillard down with Lee then look for CJ to light these guys up. Seriously this game should be a coaches dream to watch. The adjustments between Stotts and Carlisle should be very entertaining.

Second unit? Curry knows what Simons can do and he will not take him lightly. Why does Barea always play tough against the Blazers? He never saw the court against the Pels but i bet we see him.

Up to this point the Mavericks have played smaller. They went with Porzingas at center and Finney-Smith at PF with Doncic at SF with Brunson and Lee against the Pelicans. HassZach (I just made that up) would punish them if the Mavs try this. The Blazers are looking at Jackson and Wright off the bench also. They both are a threat to hit a shot. But Wright seems to be the one hitting shots so far.

Bottom line is the Mavs are much improved. I expect them to make the playoffs and every indication so far this young season seems to support that. Beating this team on the road will be a huge win. My pick in this game is again Rodney Hood. He has shown the ability to hit a shot. He has also shown he can put the ball on the floor and get to an open space to shoot without causing a "Train Wreck". Now he must show he can guard the reigning ROY. This is why Hood was signed. If he does his job tonight the Blazers could be in this game at the end. That is what you try to do on the road. Have a chance to win.

Already Luka has registered a Triple Double. I read on one of the sites he has 9 already in his career. This guy is going to be a very special player. I have no doubt Dallas will be in the running every year for the next 12-15 years until he retires. He has replaced Dirk as their perennial All-Star. Player he reminds me of is none other than Larry Bird.

From the blazers forum
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/11...5406937089

https://twitter.com/coopmavs/status/1188464345308635136
Like Reply
Things to watch:
  • Usual suspects: Three point shooting, rebounding, getting into transition for easy buckets.
  • Doncic has been stellar so far and I sure hope he will be able to dominate again tonight.
  • BOBAN? Blazers feature a more traditional big in Whiteside. So depending on how the game goes, we might see Boban for the first time.
  • Starting unit struggles: No matter who will be starting tonight (guess Delon is in after his strong performance in New Orleans), would be nice if the opponent was forced to take the first OT of the game.
  • Curry vs. THJ: Hope that Curry will get more minutes from THJ.
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply
Today win can be the start of something special. It will let us know if we are a legit contender. Yes we got lakers coming up but a win against a legit playoff contender would be super nice!!!
Like Reply
The Mavs don´t have a guard/wing that can defend Lillard or McCollum. Delon is more of a hustle and help defender. Not a lock down on ball guy.
On the other hand the Blazers don´t have a defender for Doncic or KP. Hood or Bazemore on Doncic isn´t going to work for them. Same for Whiteside trying to chase KP on the perimeter.

Blazers lack quality wings and started a 2 traditional bigs, 2 small guards an 1 wing lineup so far. Mavs should have no problem matching that lineup with KP and Kleber in the frontcourt and a size advantage in the backcourt.
Like Reply
"I think I will probably spend a lot of time on (Porzingis)," Collins said Saturday after practice. "I can move my feet. He's solid. He's big, but he's so mobile. Everybody knows how mobile he is. So it's going to be another tall task for our team. It's going to be a team defensive game plan for him. The guy's an all-star, for sure. It's going to be tough but we're ready for it."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nba.com/gamenotes/mavericks.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjqqqSzj73lAhWHIlAKHVS_B1cQFjAAegQIBRAC&usg=AOvVaw3nUKAb-nofWPE6xxuscJmW
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/11...9650883587
Like Reply
Wright - Curry - Luka - Maxi - KP or riot!
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(10-27-2019, 02:21 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Wright - Curry - Luka - Maxi - KP or riot!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(10-27-2019, 01:35 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: "I think I will probably spend a lot of time on (Porzingis)," Collins said Saturday after practice. "I can move my feet. He's solid. He's big, but he's so mobile. Everybody knows how mobile he is. So it's going to be another tall task for our team. It's going to be a team defensive game plan for him. The guy's an all-star, for sure. It's going to be tough but we're ready for it."

I didn't want to repost that giant embed, but I wanted to thank you for posting it! that is awesome! where is that from? Who made that?
Like Reply
(10-27-2019, 02:49 PM)Magickian Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 01:35 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: "I think I will probably spend a lot of time on (Porzingis)," Collins said Saturday after practice. "I can move my feet. He's solid. He's big, but he's so mobile. Everybody knows how mobile he is. So it's going to be another tall task for our team. It's going to be a team defensive game plan for him. The guy's an all-star, for sure. It's going to be tough but we're ready for it."

I didn't want to repost that giant embed, but I wanted to thank you for posting it! that is awesome! where is that from? Who made that?
From the Yahoo article I posted in the news thread.

https://sports.yahoo.com/trail-blazers-f...ccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cucmVkZGl0LmNvbS9yL3JpcGNpdHkvY29tbWVudHMvZG53NmwzL3RyYWlsX2JsYXplcnNfZmFjZV9ub3Rfb25lX2J1dF90d29fdW5pY29ybnNfdnMv&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAGs_8VFGnalibMTqDoY4YfpzvDCFis6_N3xAjmiGCFGusCEpOgrMVZeio6k5F1ysQY_rg4Pv-akBo48-y5Og4SgUi29WfC664arHGDv1zuG9YKuugLc90g-Zakw5vU_lhuF6hiw3R2swUKugPkIHRytK46SLMXZNtw8Gv3cVjp5S

(10-27-2019, 02:31 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 02:21 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Wright - Curry - Luka - Maxi - KP or riot!

[Image: giphy.gif]
According to the gameday notes it is

Smith - Lee - Luka - Brunson - Zinger

Ahhhhhh sorry Magick, you meant the PDF. It is the official notes provided by the NBA to the media. It's public.
NBA.com/gamenotes/mavericks.pdf
NBA.com/gamenotes/blazers.pdf
Like Reply
Interesting chess match with the starting lineup if it's indeed Brunson / Doncic / Lee / DFS / Porzingis

Will Portland go small to match up? ... or will they start both Collins and Whiteside?
Like Reply
(10-27-2019, 03:10 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Interesting chess match with the starting lineup if it's indeed Brunson / Doncic / Lee / DFS / Porzingis

Will Portland go small to match up? ... or will they start both Collins and Whiteside?

I'm fine going down by 16 in the 1st quarter if we actually start that lineup again
Like Reply