Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-17-2021, 03:34 PM)cow Wrote: Hopefully they name a GM before the Head Coach.

absolutely!   I think Dallas needs to think big.  I don't know enough about Mosely or Finley.  They may be great in their roles, but this is a franchise defining moment.  Go big fish hunting.   I would not chance the future of the franchise with two guys getting their first opportunity who also have been (apparently) inside the house during the fire.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:36 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I think we have learned that "titles" meant shit in DAL recently, so saying Mosley was responsible for the D is probably not true (at least not 100%).

Your ability to ignore and spin anything if it doesn't agree with your narrative is AMAZING.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:36 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Why is everyone penciling in Finley as the General Manager when the Mavs hired a Front Office head hunter who specializes in prolonged top down organizational evaluations and recruitment.

I don't THINK it will be Fin...but it wouldn't surprise me.

I THINK it will be Mosley...but another coach wouldn't surprise me.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:31 PM)omahen Wrote: Imho, Finley and Mosley (if this is a plan) is certainly not a message to free agents that Dallas is cleaned up now. Serious contenders hire serious names.

Finley is still TBD for a top job, but IMHO Mosley is a legit coach and has been a hot name for other coaching gigs. I'd have no problem with him getting the job over other big-name retreads.

My main knee-jerk reaction, though, is that now is truly time for Cuban to clean house. No Voulgaris. No media-leaking scouts. Cut the crap and deep clean the entire organization.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:36 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Why is everyone penciling in Finley as the General Manager when the Mavs hired a Front Office head hunter who specializes in prolonged top down organizational evaluations and recruitment.

Because, if they really fired their GM without the replacement in mind, if not in hand, hide the razor blades?
Like Reply

The sudden flurry MOSLEY news makes me thing the GM search is a show. Choosing your coach before your GM is so Jerry.
Like Reply
I'm so lost right now. I can't believe this is happening. 

I was snorting with derision while reading @"JamesConway"'s posts just two weeks ago, and now it has all come true.
Like Reply
Why are we talking about replacements?  The correct thing would be to get the GM in here first and let him get his coach. Enough of the dysfunction and mixed accountability. We need the buck to stop at the new GM’s desk. Let him decide who the next coach is than do a Jerry and force a coach on him.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...1480329226
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:39 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Why are we talking about replacements?  The correct thing would be to get the GM in here first and let him get his coach.

Done. Look above.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:39 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...1480329226

Good...as much as I dislike Carlisle leaving a new GM should be able to hire his coach.    That may have been Carlisle, but it is more attractive if he is not saddled with someone he doesn't want.
Like Reply
He is still under contract. If another team wants him. Can the Mavs at least get a few 2nds in return?
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:36 PM)robillionaire Wrote: The Mavs will win the championship within 2 years if they get a competent head coach in here. Carlisle was washed up and ego too big.

Starting to feel like the egos just got bigger the higher you went up the flagpole
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:39 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...1480329226

Well, there's that.

Better bring in the new GM in the next two days. The coaching carousel is a-spinnin'.
Like Reply
https://mobile.twitter.com/Kofie/status/...9871105024
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:38 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Because, if they really fired their GM without the replacement in mind, if not in hand, hide the razor blades?

I'm not sure these are firings.  If this Bob chaos stuff is true.  Maybe there is more truth to mutual parting of the ways from Donnie and Rick, especially if the Bob tensions are true.
Like Reply
I don't really care if there is a big change in the FO with GM and coach gone. I just don't like the Finley/Mosley idea. Getting rid of people with opinions for likely more obedient subordinates is not cleaning up the house and a message to free agents that you are a serious contender.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:40 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Done. Look above.

Yeah, that looks like good news.

But then....Fin hired Monday, Mosley hired Tuesday
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:37 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Your ability to ignore and spin anything if it doesn't agree with your narrative is AMAZING.

1) Mosley was NOT in charge of the D this past season, Zach Guthrie was.

2) These titles have been somewhat meaningless in the last few years.

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1329546176207724547
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:41 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Well, there's that.

Better bring in the new GM in the next two days. The coaching carousel is a-spinnin'.

The good'ish news is with Carlisle available, it might slow other times down from hiring while they kick the tire.  Also, coaches might not want to commit with a chance to coach Luka.
Like Reply