Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
Exclamation 
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1405618099840339968
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:07 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1405618099840339968

Here we go. 

People are pissed at Cuban's decision. I know many here will welcome the news, but if people feel so strongly about this that they're willing to walk away from the chance to be part of Luka's era, I'm thinking stuff isn't great right now. 

I have a bad feeling about all of this.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1405618479944847364
[Image: E4HCjj3WYAMFuyB?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
Wow...what a shock.  This one will be much more difficult to fill.   Mark better hit some homeruns with his hires this offseason.  Best coach in Mavs history.
Like Reply
No mention of Luka.......
Like Reply
Boston?

Milwaukee?
Like Reply
That is bad news.
That said,  a new era is really upon us,  for better or worse
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:09 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I have a bad feeling about all of this.

Totally disagree.

I have a VERY GOOD feeling about this.

Mark sat down and shared his vision moving forward, RC didn't care for his role within it or the vision overall, so he steps down. 

The Mavericks needed a COMPLETE overhaul SO BADLY. So glad this is happening!
Like Reply
Waiting for Cuban's "Total BS" tweet
Like Reply
I think we’re going to have Finley as the PBO/GM and Mosley as HC.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:13 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: I think we’re going to have Finley as the PBO/GM and Mosley as HC.

Neither would shock me. 

I said multiple times this season that it felt like Mosley was doing more of the coaching then RC and that RC looked disengaged compared to normal.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:12 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Mark sat down and shared his vision moving forward, RC didn't care for his role within it or the vision overall, so he steps down. 

The Mavericks needed a COMPLETE overhaul SO BADLY. So glad this is happening!

Ok, I know you feel strongly about the second sentence, but...

This is a well respected coach walking away (NOT getting fired - Cuban WANTS him here) from the chance to coach Luka Doncic, with TWO YEARS left on his deal, presumably either because he has another opportunity he thinks is better, or because he just can't take anymore of what he thinks is a futile work situation. 

Even if you're in the camp who doesn't get why Carlisle is great, and there are many here in that camp, I don't see how this is encouraging. I really, truly don't, and I absolutely WANT to feel hopeful about it.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...4854574082
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:13 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: I think we’re going to have Finley as the PBO/GM and Mosley as HC.

lolololol

I wonder how excited people will be about that!
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:15 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Neither would shock me. 

I said multiple times this season that it felt like Mosley was doing more of the coaching then RC and that RC looked disengaged compared to normal.

Maybe Rick looked disengaged because of the organizational disfunction. I hope you're right that this will be a good thing.
Like Reply
This situation is becoming so Cleveland Cavaliers, and I just hate it so much.
Like Reply
As I said in another thread, it's time to close the door on the Dirk Era and officially usher in the Luka Era.   That means the Luka Era General Manager, which inevitably leads to the Luka Era Head Coach.   It's obvious Luka and Rick were butting heads, and things weren't going to get any more copacetic with a new GM.  

Better that it happens now than a new GM is brought in, Carlisle and new GM butt heads, Carlisle walks away a year from now.   Saves us a year of time.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:16 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This is a well respected coach walking away (NOT getting fired - Cuban WANTS him here) from the chance to coach Luka Doncic, with TWO YEARS left on his deal, presumably either because he has another opportunity he thinks is better, or because he just can't take anymore of what he thinks is a futile work situation. 

We don't know the ROLE that Cuban wants him in. RC may have had some GMing power that is being rescinded....maybe more of his coaching authority or hiring authority was being taken away. Maybe he was given vision directives he didn't like. 

There is no way we know those details, so again, based on what I saw THIS season...I am very happy this total clean up is happening.
Like Reply
Boston or Milwaukee?
Like Reply