Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official "Cuban, get rid of Vulgarass or else" petition
I don't put much stock on how Bob is being portrayed.   Maybe he is good at his job.  Maybe he has clear value.

What I do think though is after listening to him on the BS Podcast over the years and hearing him a few other places, him and Cuban leading an organization would not work.  Both are pretty similar.    At time awkward.    Both very smart, but both know it.    Tinkerers.   I think he would be one of the worst possible matches with Cuban if they were the main guys in an organization.   

They would burn a lot of bridges too.
Like Reply
Can I sign twice?...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Signed. You can hire alot of analytics guys. Don't need a toxic personality that everyone except the owner hates.
Like Reply
Keep Bob and let's get marshmallows for the flames.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 05:25 PM)cow Wrote: Keep Bob and let's get marshmallows for the flames.

https://media.giphy.com/media/iH2IldVkqe.../giphy.gif
Like Reply
Who needs a 22 year old superstar franchise player. Mavs have Voulgaris and analytics...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NBADraftWass/status/...83202?s=20

In case you haven't signed yet...
Like Reply
For sure he needs to go. If Rick is gone for not meshing well with Luka, no reason to get Bob around.
Like Reply
Dallas: "Houston we have a problem..."
H-town: "Trust us... Ignore it and you won't even know it was a problem in a couple of years"

Dallas: "You sure?"
H-town: "Yeah sure we've seen this before --- "

H-Town: "F-U JAMES HARDEN!!! We feel better already!"
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 10:32 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: Dallas: "Houston we have a problem..."
H-town: "Trust us... Ignore it and you won't even know it was a problem in a couple of years"

Dallas: "You sure?"
H-town: "Yeah sure we've seen this before --- "

H-Town: "F-U JAMES HARDEN!!! We feel better already!"

Is this supposed to be a Luka diss? If so, rotund thumbs-down.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 07:49 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/NBADraftWass/status/...83202?s=20

In case you haven't signed yet...

I think Bob should go too but that pick may well turn out for the best. Green is younger and has greater upside.  Given the choice right now between the two, I’d still take Green.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 10:58 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Is this supposed to be a Luka diss? If so, rotund thumbs-down.

Do you remember all the links to the Clutch City Boards when bad news started hitting the Rockets?

We have the biggest offseason as far as shaping the roster with flexibility - we don't have a coach or a gm/POBO.

This isn't a shot at Luka - it is a shot at Houston and mark/bob vulgar... BOB - Basketball Operations Bastard!
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 05:17 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Can I sign twice?...
^^^

The Delon deal, the Curry for Richardson deal, and picking Green over Bey are all fireable offenses IMO. Add the fact that Luka doesn't like the guy and that he tried to usurp RC's authority on player rotations. 

All GM types make mistakes. But that list above is IMO more big misses in 3 years than Donnie had in 24 years, and at least Donnie got Dirk and Luka. 

MF needs to be gone. If Cuban can't see that, he's an idiot.
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 09:27 AM)embellisher Wrote: All GM types make mistakes. But that list above is IMO more big misses in 3 years than Donnie had in 24 years, and at least Donnie got Dirk and Luka. 

Ugh, what?   None of these are even close to as bad as Raef LaFrenz trade, and I'm not even sure that's even in Donnie's Top 5 worst moves.

I don't care about Voulgaris, but he's an easy scapegoat to blame.   I'm sure he's an arrogant jackass, and no one likes the sarcastic know it all "Company IT guy".   But Donnie was fired because Cuban lost faith in him becasue Donnie failed at his job,  not because the "shadow GM" usurped him (or whatever nonsense Donnie is feeding his media sources).
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 09:33 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Ugh, what?   None of these are even close to as bad as Raef LaFrenz trade, and I'm not even sure that's even in Donnie's Top 5 worst moves.

Sorry, got a little carried away while I was sharpening my pitchfork and making some torches.  Big Grin
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 09:33 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Ugh, what?   None of these are even close to as bad as Raef LaFrenz trade, and I'm not even sure that's even in Donnie's Top 5 worst moves.

I don't care about Voulgaris, but he's an easy scapegoat to blame.   I'm sure he's an arrogant jackass, and no one likes the sarcastic know it all "Company IT guy".   But Donnie was fired because Cuban lost faith in him becasue Donnie failed at his job,  not because the "shadow GM" usurped him (or whatever nonsense Donnie is feeding his media sources).

It is sad how many "MFFL's" are actually believing this narrative about ValarMorghulis; painfully obvious he is being pinned as the patsy. Don't forget Donnie got Gersson Rosas axed because he did not want to give up any of his control. Donnie is a power hungry piece of ****.

I suppose we shouldn't be too surprised given how Donnie (and Carlisle) get the benefit of the doubt for every move they make: "that damn Cuban! stop playing GM!" "Omg Donnie did it again, home run offseason!!" 

There's pretty much a cult surrounding Donnie (and Carlisle) amongst some "fans" for some reason. The cult has been infiltrated and now it is dead. I repeat, it is over. Donnie (and Carlisle) simply FAILED. MFFL's, we got our team back!
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 09:58 AM)Fuerza1 Wrote: It is sad how many "MFFL's" are actually believing this narrative about ValarMorghulis; painfully obvious he is being pinned as the patsy. Don't forget Donnie got Gersson Rosas axed because he did not want to give up any of his control. Donnie is a power hungry piece of ****.

I suppose we shouldn't be too surprised given how Donnie (and Carlisle) get the benefit of the doubt for every move they make: "that damn Cuban! stop playing GM!" "Omg Donnie did it again, home run offseason!!" 

There's pretty much a cult surrounding Donnie (and Carlisle) amongst some "fans" for some reason. The cult has been infiltrated and now it is dead. I repeat, it is over. Donnie (and Carlisle) simply FAILED. MFFL's, we got our team back!

Every single person with insight on the situation confirmed that Cuban is the decision maker. Cato, McMahon, Woj, Fisher. Can certainly question some of the reports but it takes an unreal amount of bias and ignorance to ignore the Cuban angle.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/netw3rk/status/1405908544658935809
Like Reply
Just to clarify, is Bob the one who pushed for the Curry trade, or was it Donnie? That’s the truly horrible front office decision of the past couple of years.  Curry is just lighting it up.  With Curry instead of JRich, the Mavs are on their way to the WCF, with a decent shot at the Chip. If it was Bob, then the irony is that the trade was between two sides that base decisions on analytic models instead of intuition, demonstrating the superiority of Morey’s model.  In that case, who needs such disruption from a data guy who just got his ass handed to him by another data guy and was revealed as an amateur?  Get rid of that guy. On the other hand, if Donnie made that call, then the right person lost his job.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/JC1053/status/140847...84518?s=20
Like Reply