• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official "Cuban, get rid of Vulgarass or else" petition
x__________________________________________________
Like Reply
"Head Collector"

https://media.giphy.com/media/Kn7MBqwehC8Mw/giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Based on the nature of Cato explanations and Cuban backing him I don't see it. It is irrelevant anyway. If Cuban hires an independent GM who will actually have power, who cares if there is the guy like Bob lurking around. His power was that people thought Cuban supports him. If the new GM has full Cuban support...

And btw - I don't buy the crap about that reddit being Bob. Even Cato strongly objected that is possible. It would be just incredibly stupid...
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 03:22 PM)omahen Wrote: Based on the nature of Cato explanations and Cuban backing him I don't see it. It is irrelevant anyway. If Cuban hires an independent GM who will actually have power, who cares if there is the guy like Bob lurking around. His power was that people thought Cuban supports him. If the new GM has full Cuban support...

And btw - I don't buy the crap about that reddit being Bob. Even Cato strongly objected that is possible. It would be just incredibly stupid...

Luka doesn't like him.

If Cuban keeps him, that is the worst slap in the face possible to Luka. It would be absolutely psychotic in sports terms to retain him.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 03:16 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: x__________________________________________________

I was actually open to give him the benefit of the doubt, that the Cato article was just a parting slander from the losing side, but that he actually changed his Twitter handle to "Head Collector" makes me think that he really was behind that GM video on reddit and is just a mental child. It confirms that he has zero social skills and explains why he was fired by that other NBA team after a year and hasn´t had a position until Cuban came around.

The change was long overdue, but if Luka has beef with this guy already and Voulgaris pisses on Donnie´s grave, you have real problems.

Who is the biggest troll in the league? Morey probably called Cuban already and offered S. Curry and D. Green for Luka.

Donnie probably thought he was going to win the battle, because he had Luka on his side.

What a f****** mess.

Guess I was wrong about the Mavs front office afterall. It´s actually even worse than I thought. Cry
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 03:29 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: The change was long overdue, but if Luka has beef with this guy already

Check.

and Voulgaris pisses on Donnie´s grave,

Check.

you have real problems.

Aw, hell. 
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 03:29 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I was actually open to give him the benefit of the doubt, that the Cato article was just a parting slander from the losing side, but that he actually changed his Twitter handle to "Head Collector" makes me think that he really was behind that GM video on reddit and is just a mental child. It confirms that he has zero social skills and explains why he was fired by that other NBA team after a year and hasn´t had a position until Cuban came around.

The change was long overdue, but if Luka has beef with this guy already and Voulgaris pisses on Donnie´s grave, you have real problems.

Who is the biggest troll in the league? Morey probably called Cuban already and offered S. Curry and D. Green for Luka.

Donnie probably thought he was going to win the battle, because he had Luka on his side.

What a f****** mess.

Guess I was wrong about the Mavs front office afterall. It´s actually even worse than I thought. Cry

I think you are right about this guy being a mental child. This also reflects on Cuban since he empowered him.
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply
He is replaceable. There are plenty of analytics guys in the league with actual basketball experience on their resume and the people skills needed to win over an NBA team.
Like Reply
Is it true that there are talks that Vulgaris is trying to take credit for drafting Luka? This makes no sense as he was hired Oct 2018 and Luka was drafted June 2018.
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 03:40 PM)DallasBasketball Wrote: Is it true that there are talks that Vulgaris is trying to take credit for drafting Luka? This makes no sense as he was hired Oct 2018 and Luka was drafted June 2018.

Donnie was scouting him a year before the draft per reports...
Like Reply
Voulgaris is a nobody. Cuban is the one giving him power. I hope Cuban giveth and Cuban taketh
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 03:46 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Donnie was scouting him a year before the draft per reports...

Luka was well known in the European basketball circles, since he was about nine years old. That´s how a 13 year old Slovenian kid ended up with the biggest sports franchise in the world. Everybody knew. This was Ricky Rubio 2.0 in terms of pre NBA-fame. Rubio, who had quadruple doubles in youth tournaments playing against guys 2-3 years older and was winning multiple national and international titles as a 17 year old at Badalona.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 03:56 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Luka was well known in the European basketball circles, since he was about nine years old. That´s how a 13 year old Slovenian kid ended up with the biggest sports franchise in the world. Everybody knew. This was Ricky Rubio 2.0 in terms of pre NBA-fame. Rubio, who had quadruple doubles in youth tournaments playing against guys 2-3 years older and was winning multiple national and international titles as a 17 year old at Badalona.

You were the first to connect Donnie to Luka...
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 03:56 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Luka was well known in the European basketball circles, since he was about nine years old. That´s how a 13 year old Slovenian kid ended up with the biggest sports franchise in the world. Everybody knew. This was Ricky Rubio 2.0 in terms of pre NBA-fame. Rubio, who had quadruple doubles in youth tournaments playing against guys 2-3 years older and was winning multiple national and international titles as a 17 year old at Badalona.

All this is great but then podcasters and gambling guys see him on draft express and talk about it on-air, now they think they have earned clout. Unbelievable.

Get this Vulgar guy out of here. Cuban is the problem.
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply
It looks like the fight between Donnie and Voulgaris was extremely intense and deeply personal. However, so far only one side is not taking it as a gent. But we have no idea what went behind the scenes. 

My guess is those "I found Luka takes" are just a thing to piss off Donnie.
Like Reply
Do we know this Reddit guy is The Bob? Could some random person on Reddit make up fake messages from Cata and pretend to be Bob? Or is there something that makes this seem legit?
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 04:27 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Do we know this Reddit guy is The Bob? Could some random person on Reddit make up fake messages from Cata and pretend to be Bob? Or is there something that makes this seem legit?

His username and video were created about a week before this broke...that means this person was close to the situation.  

The same username on Twitter admitted to it in a response to Shams first tweet...

Changed twitter to Head Collector...

All are signs of a person having a burner account...
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 04:27 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Could some random person on Reddit make up fake messages from Cata and pretend to be Bob?

Why would those be fake messages? I think its legit Cato contacted the guy, I don't understand how this proves he is Bob. 

(06-16-2021, 04:27 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Or is there something that makes this seem legit?

The only thing legit is the change of the twitter to head collector. That is just childish...
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 04:27 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Do we know this Reddit guy is The Bob? Could some random person on Reddit make up fake messages from Cata and pretend to be Bob? Or is there something that makes this seem legit?

One thing I noticed when I went and looked at Reddit. They talk about ‘Bob’ in first person like he is completely relevant over there. I haven’t been around here for long but in the last 2 years has Vulgar’s name ever come up?

Answer me this. If mavsluvr:Markfollowell::march192005_plsquit:_________?

We are so lucky we got the good guy on our forum.
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 03:21 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: "Head Collector"

Interesting insight from Townsend on that: dallasnews.com/sports/mavericks/2021/06/16/donnie-nelson-steps-down-as-mavericks-president-and-general-manager/

Quote:Also unclear is Voulgaris’ role, if any. Sources said his contract was scheduled to expire at season’s end, and in recent days he changed his title on his Twitter profile from “head of analytics” to “head collector.” Cuban did not answer questions about Voulgaris’ employment status...

Also note that Voulgaris changed it once again after print to be "*Crypto* Head Collector".

So rather than being a boast of collecting heads, it can also be interpreted as an indicator that he's being moved out of a basketball role and into a full-time crypto trading role in Cuban's other businesses.
Like Reply