Poll: Grade the F.O.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
6.52%
3 6.52%
B
6.52%
3 6.52%
C
26.09%
12 26.09%
D
28.26%
13 28.26%
F
32.61%
15 32.61%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rate Donnie Nelson and Mark Cuban's job performance over the last 2 years
(06-06-2021, 10:49 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=13216854]

Defensive foot work is already on a similar level.

Doing Dirty dirty by making him the punchline of this current Mavs mess.  Shameful.
Like Reply
Found the play: Back to KP bashing.

(06-06-2021, 10:53 PM)cow Wrote: Doing Dirty dirty by making him the punchline of this current Mavs mess.  Shameful.
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 09:49 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Other important part that we tend to forget. What about the assistant coaches. Mavs continue to downgrade the spots next to RC (who obviously is involved in the decisions). RCs coaching tree is reaching Pop level but everytime someone gets a headcoaching opportunity it leaves a hole on the Mavs bench.

Have been saying that for over a year.
It is time to get high profile assistant
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/___Colb___/status/14...0144873476

It is starting
Like Reply
(06-07-2021, 09:09 AM)khaled1987 Wrote: https://twitter.com/___Colb___/status/14...0144873476

It is starting
I agree. It’s also MJ and the Bulls when he first came in the league.
Like Reply
I love the national press so much right now. Even if it has to be guys I  usually despise like SAS and Kellerman. SAS was critical of Carlisle´s results over the last decade, but he blamed nearly all of the last decade on Mark Cuban and buried him hard on national TV.

"I wonder about Mark Cuban, but you can´t fire the owner."

Dallas is a beautiful city with warm weather, no state income tax, always a franchise cornerstone player, a great coach and you can not recruit anybody to Dallas? NOBODY wants to go there. NOBODY."

Sweet vindication as the JET would say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRzNExNJ9aQ

[Image: giphy.gif]

The time has finally come for Mark Cuban...

[Image: DistinctCraftyAiredale-size_restricted.gif]
Like Reply
(06-08-2021, 11:46 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I love the national press so much right now. Even if it has to be guys I  usually despise like SAS and Kellerman. SAS was critical of Carlisle´s results over the last decade, but he blamed nearly all of the last decade on Mark Cuban and buried him hard on national TV.

Dallas is a beautiful city with warm weather, no state income tax, always a franchise cornerstone player, a great coach and you can not recruit anybody to Dallas? NOBODY wants to go there. NOBODY."

Yea I posted that clip in another thread yesterday.  Maybe it's too early to "panic" but their comments were on point.  Maybe give it another two years and if you can't attract anyone, shake up the front office and coaching setup.
Like Reply
(06-08-2021, 11:46 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I love the national press so much right now. Even if it has to be guys I  usually despise like SAS and Kellerman. SAS was critical of Carlisle´s results over the last decade, but he blamed nearly all of the last decade on Mark Cuban and buried him hard on national TV.

I concur.
Like Reply
(06-08-2021, 04:03 PM)J0n Wrote: I concur.

Feh, you always concur.
Like Reply
I have always been on the Dragic bandwagon...if you want to alter the offense by making it less Luka probing the defense and not piss off Luka then Dragic can do it...I do not see Luka being mad at Dragic bringing it up and feeding Luka where he wants it...

Then Luka will see his FT average go up due to not being tired...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(06-08-2021, 04:53 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: I have always been on the Dragic bandwagon...if you want to alter the offense by making it less Luka probing the defense and not piss off Luka then Dragic can do it...I do not see Luka being mad at Dragic bringing it up and feeding Luka where he wants it...

Then Luka will see his FT average go up due to not being tired...

Dragic makes sense to me, too, as a 3rd guard. Especially since we're all circling the idea that Brunson is one of the most valuable things Dallas has to offer anyone in trade.
Like Reply
(06-08-2021, 04:47 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Feh, you always concur.

except when he doesn't
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 08:08 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: You know...the FIRST DAMN TIME we lose a playoff series we're favored to win...I'll jump aboard the fire Carlisle train.  Until then, I'll just try to be nice (probably unsuccessfully) to the fire Carlisle people.

I would think we would have been considered the favorite to win this year's Clipper series considering we were up 2-0 with 3 home games

If you lose 4 out of 5 games then you were probably outcoached (especially since, as I mentioned earlier, we had 3 of those games at home)
Like Reply
(06-09-2021, 10:41 PM)MFFL Wrote: If you lose 4 out of 5 games then you were probably outcoached (especially since, as I mentioned earlier, we had 3 of those games at home)

Perspective is everything. 

I'm not saying you're wrong, but to my way of thinking, the fact that the Mavs were able to win the first two games on the road against a VASTLY superior team is an indication that Carlisle whooped Lue's ass.
Like Reply
(06-09-2021, 10:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: the fact that the Mavs were able to win the first two games on the road against a VASTLY superior team is an indication that Carlisle whooped Lue's ass.

I had NO IDEA that RC was out there making 50-60% of his threes far above his normal averages.......

Smile
Like Reply
(06-09-2021, 11:42 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I had NO IDEA that RC was out there making 50-60% of his threes far above his normal averages.......

Smile

They shot well, for sure, but as you know, MY considered opinion, after at least 3 viewings of each game, is that they were moving the ball and generating amazing shots. AMAZING. These weren't lucky shots, they were good shots against a very good Clipper defense who somehow didn't look very good to start the series. 

Partly due to Luka being better than the Clipps expect, yes.
Partly due to Hardaway hitting everything he attempted, yes.
But to deny Carlisle's fingerprints on that is, imo, willfully ignorant. Not worthy of you. 

It's a make or miss league, for sure, but "they're hitting shots" or "they're not hitting shots" is how casual folks watch basketball. I know you're not one of them, but in this case, I think you're selling the coach way, way short. Dude had the opposing (way better team's) coach bumfuzzled for the first two games of the series.
Like Reply
(06-09-2021, 11:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: But to deny Carlisle's fingerprints on that is, imo, willfully ignorant. Not worthy of you. 

I think you're selling the coach way, way short. Dude had the opposing (way better team's) coach bumfuzzled for the first two games of the series.

So RC gets the credit for the wins but no blame for the losses

Got it!
Like Reply
(06-10-2021, 09:40 AM)MFFL Wrote: So RC gets the credit for the wins but no blame for the losses

Got it!

Oh, sure - he gets plenty of blame. I think he has made mistakes, including things in that series. We all do!

The point is that portions of all the blame belong with everyone: management, coaching and players. It's a TEAM. 

In the case of the Clippers series, I'm not as angry as some because I think the Clippers are WAAAAAAAAY better. Like everyone else, I'm impatient and want the the Mavs to get better faster, but once you get to the playoffs, there's not much you can do but your best, you know? Given where both teams were at the start of the series, and the seasons they both just had, I actually think taking LAC to 7 is pretty impressive. Not enough to make us happy (understandably) but better than we probably should've expected. 

I'm disappointed, too. We all got our hopes up after being up 2-0.
Like Reply
Here’s another question to ponder about the building of our FO. 
Which team that made it in the Western Conference would the Mavs have really beaten?
Utah - very seriously doubt it
Phoenix - NO
Denver - doubt it
LaC - obviously not 
Portland - probably not
LaL - maybe, but probably not 
Memphis - maybe, but less likely than LaL
Like Reply
(06-10-2021, 10:14 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Here’s another question to ponder about the building of our FO. 
Which team that made it in the Western Conference would the Mavs have really beaten?
Utah - very seriously doubt it
Phoenix - NO
Denver - doubt it
LaC - obviously not 
Portland - probably not
LaL - maybe, but probably not 
Memphis - maybe, but less likely than LaL

I think they Mavs would've beaten Portland, Denver and Memphis (ironically, I'm least sure about Memphis). 

It's hard to imagine them beating a healthy LAL, but imo hard to imagine them losing to the current version, too.

I think Utah and Phoenix would've both DESTROYED the Mavs without breaking a sweat. I think the LAC were the third worst case scenario for them in round 1.
Like Reply