Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 1.5 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
85.71%
12 85.71%
Clippers
14.29%
2 14.29%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROUND 1, GAME 6: LAC (3-3) @ DAL (3-3) | 97-104 loss
Kawhi wants game 7
Like Reply
Woooow. These are tough shots .......
Like Reply
Maybe I can reverse jinx Kleenex with the season on the line. He, Zinger, and Brunson have been worthless.
Like Reply
(06-04-2021, 10:30 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Kawhi wants game 7

So does Carlisle apparently, or he´d f´n double him. Nobody else on the Clippers can make shots except Jackson, just like on the Mavs it´s only THJ, so Lue takes the ball out of Luka´s hands.

Also I´m  usually not the one to complain about Porzingis touches, but WTF. He gets absolutely no touches.
Like Reply
Kawhi is a dawg...

Game over, see you in LA Sunday.
Like Reply
Well, just a masterful performance by Leonard.  Just awesome.   Mavs had another poor shooting fourth quarter, but the Clippers defense was good all night.   Game 7 will be tough to win.
Like Reply
Now they double him. I think there is a decent case Carlisle made some horrible mistakes in this series. He took out Luka in game three, when he could have rode him and close the series there already. He has watched Kawhi screw us for three straight road games, and then he doubles him, when all three games are already lost. Congratulations.
Like Reply
Comes down to very bad fourth quarter shooting by the Mavs and tremendous Kawhi shootmaking ... 

Agree that KP should have gotten some touches ...
Like Reply
Gotta give Kawhi credit.  But coach should have doubled him. Game 7 is pretty much a no hope game for Dallas, but will save the full postmortem until after that’s done.  One thing for sure, the Mavs efforts to get better at the wing this off-season were an epic fail. Donnie needs to get a “promotion”.  A few guys showed tonight that they don’t have what it takes to play playoff basketball.
Like Reply
No one should be surprised. This is the Carlisle System. Not really coaching up any of these players...just hoping Luka can save them or that the threes fall. 

KP needs to go but this is also the result of not trying to make him more of a focal point on offense. When you waste him and he's just a $30 mil 7'3" role player, this is the offensive results you get.
Like Reply
(06-04-2021, 10:35 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Well, just a masterful performance by Leonard.  Just awesome.   Mavs had another poor shooting fourth quarter, but the Clippers defense was good all night.   Game 7 will be tough to win.

Two contested threes and contested long two. Masterful, well-put.
Like Reply
(06-04-2021, 10:38 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Gotta give Kawhi credit.  But coach should have doubled him. Game 7 is pretty much a no hope game for Dallas, but will save the full postmortem until after that’s done.  One thing for sure, the Mavs efforts to get better at the wing this off-season was an epic fail. Donnie needs to get a “promotion”.  A few guys showed tonight that they don’t have what it takes to play playoff basketball.

How you gonna say there is no hope, when the home team hasn't won 1 game?  They still have a shot, albeit a slim one I would think.
Like Reply
Our max player gets 7 shots out in 31 min., Boban 13 in 17 minutes...
Like Reply
Excellent playoff game. Unfortunately Kawhi went nuts and Luka didn't and that won the game. Mavs palyed great defense and I agree with ESPN crew - Bobi should be in for Maxi. He looked scared, indecisive...
Like Reply
(06-04-2021, 10:47 PM)omahen Wrote: Excellent playoff game. Unfortunately Kawhi went nuts and Luka didn't and that won the game. Mavs palyed great defense and I agree with ESPN crew - Bobi should be in for Maxi. He looked scared, indecisive...

Good summary. On to game 7. Time to go to bed ....
Like Reply
Love Bobi but he needs to secure the ball around the rim.  

I do think the refs contributed to the issue, allowing the Clips to hack at Bobi with no fouls.

Otherwise Kawhi was just dominant.  Mavs missed their 4th quarter shots.  Pretty simple.

On to game seven, be still my heart.
Like Reply
(06-04-2021, 10:43 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: How you gonna say there is no hope, when the home team hasn't won 1 game?  They still have a shot, albeit a slim one I would think.

Of course there is always a slim shot. But the Mavs are solved. Zinger is shaving points. Brunson doesn’t have the length to play these guys. The Mavs off-season acquisitions brought in specifically to matchup with this team are no longer here or can’t get even stay on the floor.  The Clippers didn’t even play good tonight, except for Kawhi and Jackson. They missed a lot of wide open shots. Which begs the question, if the Clippers are plying poorly but one guy is killing you, why not double him?  The Mavs threw away their shot.
Like Reply
(06-04-2021, 10:47 PM)omahen Wrote: Excellent playoff game. Unfortunately Kawhi went nuts and Luka didn't and that won the game. Mavs palyed great defense and I agree with ESPN crew - Bobi should be in for Maxi. He looked scared, indecisive...

Someone should have been in for him.  I don't know if the two shots he took early in the game that were blocked spooked him a little or what.  But yeah he looked really indecisive.   So much in fact that I am not sure we can count on him much for game 7.  

Clippers shot the ball poorly from 3 and Morris laid a stinker.  They got a huge game from Jackson to go with the all world game of Leonard.   

I just think the Mavs need that one more move....not sure they have one though.   I just hope for a competitive game 7.  Let it be decided down the stretch.
Like Reply
Mavs seemed scared to close, sign of an inexperienced team. Luka too deferential, pretty much everyone passing up shots. 

I have to work until 6 on Sunday, so I’ll almost certainly miss the game. Just hoping the Mavs give me a reason to go back and watch it afterward.
Like Reply
WCS/Kleber minutes killed the Mavs. With DFS as the screener for Luka. Bigmen rotation should be: Powell/Boban/KP with a cameo for Maxi to get KP 10-12 minutes of rest.
Play zone. Double Kawhi. Wasted a cold shooting night from the Clippers and allowed Kawhi to go 1v1 in the 4th quarter.
Like Reply