Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2021-2022 ROSTER TALK: [ARCHIVED]
Rainbow 
New roster thread for the 2021-2022 season....

[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-10-10.33.41-PM.png]

[Image: FVVtvAxUcAI_2Za?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
Where does everyone think Nico, J-Kidd, and Mark are on Aug 2 6PM EDT? Assuming Mark attends.
Like Reply
(07-21-2021, 11:37 AM)Okstate819 Wrote: Where does everyone think Nico, J-Kidd, and Mark are on Aug 2 6PM EDT?

[Image: 7e07ebc325b551d924708be95ade93b8.gif]
Like Reply
[Image: E6Xx4bMVgAEMrto?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
(07-21-2021, 11:37 AM)Okstate819 Wrote: Where does everyone think Nico, J-Kidd, and Mark are on Aug 2 6PM EDT? Assuming Mark attends.

San Diego.
Like Reply
(07-21-2021, 11:46 AM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: San Diego.

Missing out on JC in order to court Kawhi and fail would mean things haven't changed one bit....
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • michaeltex
Like Reply
(07-21-2021, 11:47 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Missing out on JC in order to court Kawhi and fail would mean things haven't changed one bit....

Better tampering from now until FA opens is a must.
[-] The following 2 users Like Okstate819's post:
  • mvossman, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(07-21-2021, 11:47 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Missing out on JC in order to court Kawhi and fail would mean things haven't changed one bit....
Doesn’t mean we would have gotten JC though.
Like Reply
(07-21-2021, 12:15 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Doesn’t mean we would have gotten JC though.

Of course....but it sure doesn't help. 

Point being: If the Mavs are going to spend ANY time on Kawhi starting Aug 2 they better damn well know he is coming or close to it.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • michaeltex, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(07-21-2021, 12:24 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Point being: If the Mavs are going to spend ANY time on Kawhi starting Aug 2 they better damn well know he is coming or close to it.

If the new regime is better at this one thing than the old, that would be so great.
Like Reply
8 days until the draft, 12 until free agency.
Like Reply
(07-21-2021, 11:42 AM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: 7e07ebc325b551d924708be95ade93b8.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply

Who said anything about failing? #kawhi2dallas #nicochangeseverything
Like Reply
I have been a huge fan of THJ's time in Dallas.  He stepped into a leadership role, appeared to be an outstanding teammate and put together a couple of really nice seasons.

It's why I hate to say that if THJ is a Mav next season I think the offseason is likely a failure.  It's not an indictment of THJ it's an indictment of the rest of the roster.  The Mavs are way behind the 8-ball in the non-Luka talent department and unfortunately THJ just doesn't move the needle enough.

I would love to have a roster in place where resigning THJ made perfect sense as a microwave 6th man shooter because you had a solid starting 5 and a solid playmaker off the bench...unfortunately the Mavs just don't have anything close to that.

Just a random Wednesday thought.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
7 days until the draft, 11 to free agency.
Like Reply
(07-21-2021, 02:35 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: I have been a huge fan of THJ's time in Dallas.  He stepped into a leadership role, appeared to be an outstanding teammate and put together a couple of really nice seasons.

It's why I hate to say that if THJ is a Mav next season I think the offseason is likely a failure.  It's not an indictment of THJ it's an indictment of the rest of the roster.  The Mavs are way behind the 8-ball in the non-Luka talent department and unfortunately THJ just doesn't move the needle enough.

I would love to have a roster in place where resigning THJ made perfect sense as a microwave 6th man shooter because you had a solid starting 5 and a solid playmaker off the bench...unfortunately the Mavs just don't have anything close to that.

Just a random Wednesday thought.

I really don't think the Mavs are that far off.

We need one good playmaker & scorer and we might be the ones to watch Giannis partying from the first row.
Like Reply
(07-21-2021, 11:45 AM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: E6Xx4bMVgAEMrto?format=jpg&name=large]

A $2.5 million overpay — and I think he’ll be even better in Dallas — count me in. I don’t know why this analyst doesn’t realize that Dallas can easily get in on this action, especially since the Mavs have made it no secret that they like him. The Mavs are in way better position to win now than San Antonio.  Luka is more valuable than their entire roster, many times over.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • ClutchDirk, From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(07-22-2021, 05:22 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: A $2.5 million overpay — and I think he’ll be even better in Dallas — count me in. I don’t know why this analyst doesn’t realize that Dallas can easily get in on this action, especially since the Mavs have made it no secret that they like him. The Mavs are in way better position to win now than San Antonio.  Luka is more valuable than their entire roster, many times over.

It is John Hollinger....yeah not sure why he keeps painting this as a SAS vs ATL thing.....I think it is SAS & DAL vs ATL. Unless he has some intel otherwise.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, StepBackJay
Like Reply
At this point we have been linked to just about everyone. If we go with just the most reputable sources….

Stein - confirmed Kawhi pursuit, interest in Lowry on 2 yr deal
Shams - reported Collins interest, reported Holmes interest.
Woj - can’t recall anything?

Am I missing anything from those 3? Alot of the other stuff (Dinwiddie, Oubre, Noel,Powell) seems like local guys doing agents a favor or people just speculating (Hollinger - Conley, Allen)
Like Reply
(07-22-2021, 08:17 PM)Okstate819 Wrote: Stein - confirmed Kawhi pursuit, interest in Lowry on 2 yr deal
Shams - reported Collins interest, reported Holmes interest.
Woj - can’t recall anything?

Good summary. I think that is accurate. 

All those make sense:

1) Kawhi is the only superstar available.

2) Lowry on a two year deal gets the Mavs ready for 2023 free agency (Jokic).

3) Collins and Holmes are the best "younger" players available. 

I do not like the Lowry route, but at least it makes sense. Kawhi makes me nervous, but his performance against DAL in the playoffs was ELITE, ELITE. All of these make sense to me.

The other stuff? Feels like agent garbage.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply