Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Site Requests / Issues
Okay, this will be the official thread for requests and/or issues to report. 

This is early enough, that if this forum software doesn't have all the solutions we can pick another one and start over again QUICK before we get too deep into this one, if need be. So hopefully this one has solutions I can find via plug-ins and settings, if not we can find another fast. 

Please help me list all the issues, and I will try to find solutions fast for us. 

For now, we will stay DB.com style, and hopefully everyone comes on board and I can get us a redirect url for Fish... if not, we may have to pivot but I am not trying to do this as a ploy or disrespectful manner. Hopefully, Fish wants to be involved and can be, and if not we will pivot then. Kamm has my phone number now, and if anyone else wants to mod, I can give access, and my phone number as well. My phone number should help with accessing me sooner for fixing things and emergencies to address. 

Thank you all for your patience, and we will get all these things resolved.
Like Reply
i can help if needed...not a coder but someone who enjoys the Mavs...
Like Reply
As I posted in another thread, the ability to paste in spreadsheets would be awesome. Having grids of numbers is a huge advantage when talking sports.
Like Reply
Okay I installed an Advanced Quick Edit feature, so we now have options within quick reply...

I also added a Mobile theme... it is super basic, but thats the idea, so that it is easy to read via mobile... it isn't the prettiest style but you can can choose to go back to regular from it.

check it out and let me know what you all think

also I believe I added html code as well
Like Reply
Like Reply
There is also a new Image upload feature...

plus an attachment upload feature. 

There is HTML, and a video/media uploader. 

Spreadsheets MIGHT work, try the options like the attachment thing, or if it works via code... idk... I dont think most forums do spreadsheets from what I can find, and I Can't find a feature for this one for it, but at worst case we can set up a google drive spreadsheet thing
Like Reply
(09-14-2019, 05:00 PM)Magickian Wrote: Okay I installed an Advanced Quick Edit feature, so we now have options within quick reply...

I also added a Mobile theme... it is super basic, but thats the idea, so that it is easy to read via mobile... it isn't the prettiest style but you can can choose to go back to regular from it.

check it out and let me know what you all think

also I believe I added html code as well

The edit options within quick reply was my number 1. 

Also, if there is some way that after you post a reply you don't get taken to a waiting page asking you to redirect to the forum's, and instead it just takes you back to the thread.

Not sure if I explained it well, or if its possible. Again, Magickian thank you for all the effort.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I added a new cool Fast Quote Feature. 

Highlight the exact portion of the text you want to quote, and then click the new bubble that pops up saying "Reply." Then your quote will pop up under the post in the quick reply. Super easy. 

There is also Image Resizing, Social Bookmarking, a Like system?(I added it but haven't figured out how it works yet)

Then I also added a "Threaded" plugin. I think this is what you were all asking for in by the "nesting" but I am not sure how it works yet neither.

Kamm, I did add HTML code as well so see if it works for Spreadsheets? I googled and saw something about how excel has a way to export to html and then it could be pulled into the forum that way. I think this will be the solution for you, but I never use spreadsheets, so I wouldn't know how to do this really, and I also couldn't find any plugin for this specifically.
Like Reply
(09-14-2019, 11:31 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: if there is some way that after you post a reply you don't get taken to a waiting page asking you to redirect to the forum's, and instead it just takes you back to the thread.

I looked but I don't think that is possible, it is just written into the code, and I doubt it is possible to change that, sorry. 

Also remember there is a Mobile theme too... everyone please check it out and let me know what you think of it
Like Reply
This looks like the place to put this. My reply in the other thread:

Magickian Wrote: Wrote:*GIF (I see one posted so does it work or not? I am confused on this now hahaha)
* nesting(idk what yall mean about this one explain it more and I will try to fix the quote system too)

The .gif I was talking about was for the avatar. The upload allows for an image upload not .gif as what I have loaded is a .gif but it only shows an image. It does automatically resize which is good cause I can't find a 100x100 version. When I try to load from a url, the size is too big and I can't find a 100x100 version as previously said. I've also said, this is not in any way a deal breaker, Matt Foley should be universally recognized by people who I enjoy talking to anyway. Also getting signatures back for one of my favorite movie quotes is a plus too.

Nesting comments or replies is where it takes a reply to a comment and makes another tier in the thread. It replaces the need to quote, the reply is basically a sub-post of the targeted comment that has it's own open and hide up and down arrows.

[Image: Nested-reply-1.png]

[Image: Nested-reply-2.png]

Hopefully the explanation and images help. If you have any other questions about it I'll try to explain better.
Like Reply
(09-15-2019, 02:05 AM)Magickian Wrote: I looked but I don't think that is possible, it is just written into the code, and I doubt it is possible to change that, sorry. 

Also remember there is a Mobile theme too... everyone please check it out and let me know what you think of it

I just checked out the mobile version. Its quite easy to navigate, however, my one concern is that it can be a little confusing distinguishing between posts. The borders between them are a little thin. Really minor issue however, because just a quick read through again I can figure out which post is which.

Also the button to go the next thread page appears at the bottom right? I was trying to navigate to the next page in the middle of the thread, but the option wouldn't appear until I scrolled all the way to the bottom.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
The mobile theme is a good step forward, thx 4 that!

I have honestly a hard time asking you for improvements, cause this place is already so much better then maven and this all just because of you so I couldn't be more thankful!
Like Reply
(09-15-2019, 09:39 AM)WillE Wrote: The mobile theme is a good step forward, thx 4 that!

I have honestly a hard time asking you for improvements, cause this place is already so much better then maven and this all just because of you so I couldn't be more thankful!

This. You deserve a statue right next to Dirks for saving the community.
I wouldn´t dare to say anything negative about this board but if you are asking for ideas I would add that it might be easier to read and follow conversations if quotes have a slightly different colour scheme.
Like Reply
Hey guys I put together a new banner for the forums if you want to use it. It's in 4k resolution so you can downscale if needed.

[Image: dallas-basketball-4-K-Banner.jpg]
Like Reply
(09-15-2019, 01:12 PM)Magickian Wrote: [quote pid='50' dateline='1568568523']
If it needs a specific dimension to work just let me know and I can change it.

[/quote]
Like Reply
(09-15-2019, 12:28 PM)bin610 Wrote: Hey guys I put together a new banner for the forums if you want to use it. It's in 4k resolution so you can downscale if needed.
I tried to resize this multiple times and put it up in the banner but for some reason it isn't working... Idk why the dimensions wont fit or something... but I will keep trying to figure it out...

(09-15-2019, 01:29 PM)bin610 Wrote: If it needs a specific dimension to work just let me know and I can change it.
 I dont know what dimension it needs... I have now changed it at least ten times in photoshop... I tried jpg and png too... so idk... It seems to not like the dimensions or maybe something else but I am guessing the proportions don't work... idk...

I have tried to google what logo size MyBB needs. MyBB is the name of the forum software I am using
Like Reply
The 4k Banner is definitely looking sharp - nice work!

Also I recognized the updated mobile theme for replies - nice work as well!
Like Reply
I see a few of the feAatures have been implemented already. I too was thinking about a quick reply feature. As well as removing the redirect page where it just displays the confirmation message. Other than that, i think we are good for now. I am sure more ideas will come with the more amount of posts.
Like Reply
Holy crap! I love the threaded mode! There are a few things about it though. As soon as I switch to threaded mode I get a ton of errors at the top of the page. It also doesn't give me the ability to switch pages. Thank you very much though, that will be amazing once the kinks are out. Please put up the ability to donate as soon as the fate of this board is determined. I will help you spread the cost out for doing this. I know you've said it's not a big deal and the cost is minimal. The cost isn't everything, the time spent is the real killer here.
Like Reply
(09-16-2019, 09:15 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Holy crap! I love the threaded mode! There are a few things about it though. As soon as I switch to threaded mode I get a ton of errors at the top of the page. It also doesn't give me the ability to switch pages. Thank you very much though, that will be amazing once the kinks are out. Please put up the ability to donate as soon as the fate of this board is determined. I will help you spread the cost out for doing this. I know you've said it's not a big deal and the cost is minimal. The cost isn't everything, the time spent is the real killer here.

What is this "threaded mode" and how do I try it?
Like Reply