Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-16-2021, 03:10 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Did you not hear the latest Bill Simmons podcast?   Bill Simmons discovered him.   

"Me, (Haralabos), and KOC were the top three Luka guys heading into the draft" - Bill Simmons

Yo Bill! You are a podcast guy. That’s basically same level or one level above messageboard guy.  Rolleyes

How are these guys claiming influence on Donnie’s decision to pick Luka? Vulgaris didn’t even join Mavs until Oct 2018. Donnie drafted him June 2018.
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 03:58 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Do we know for sure when he put that in his bio?

Source
I have not found [b]definitive[/b] evidence that he did not have this in his bio yesterday. He definitely did not have it in his bio on May 1st, so it's been added within the last month and a half.
But I have not seen any mentions of it on Twitter prior to ten minutes ago.
Is this disrespectful to Donnie Nelson?
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 02:54 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote:  Maybe Denver might be a small market team, but no way Toronto is.  It's the 4th largest city in North America.

I think you know you what I mean, Toronto is an afterthought in the nba.
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 04:01 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Today...
A cocky nerd? WTF. Just fire this clown.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 03:28 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: Which means you needed a plan going into this season and it's obvious with the leadership in disarray, it absolutely DOES impact this offseason.  That comment really shows a lack of understanding of the larger scope here. 

This was the razor thin year to have a plan and execute...so, if they were moving on from him, sooner was better than later, and this time of the year was the time to do it, but this was the offseason to have a plan and be executing it, not one to be trying to figure out who the new guy is, if he wants to clean house and THEN figure out the vision for the team.

None of this ^ is really what I commented on at all. Please keep up. The issue was about Luka's (upcoming) new extension limiting or altering the possibilities for what is about to happen this summer. And it does not.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 04:00 PM)DallasBasketball Wrote: Yo Bill! You are a podcast guy. That’s basically same level or one level above messageboard guy.  Rolleyes

How are these guys claiming influence on Donnie’s decision to pick Luka? Vulgaris didn’t even join Mavs until Oct 2018. Donnie drafted him June 2018.

He eluded to Bob already having an advisory role before being officially hired.
Like Reply
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/o1...voulgaris/
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 04:03 PM)JamesConway Wrote: A cocky nerd? WTF. Just fire this clown.

Sorry made incorrect response thinking about something else...

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/o1...voulgaris/
Like Reply
It's disrespectful to Luka Doncic. Fire the man.
Like Reply
Obviously if Luka resisted signing his extension this is bad news.  But more than likely he does.  And whether he stays depends on if he believes in this front office and if they can build a contender around him.   If he thinks he can win here, he is probably here for awhile.  

The trust and building a contender is why Cuban can't get cute with his hire.  If he is a known name or an unknown guy, he needs to get it right.
Like Reply
The best thing for Cuban is to clean out the front office and start fresh with a known and respected commodity.  Or, he could hire a wiz kid up and comer.  I don’t really care, as long as Cuban really does clean house and the new person is unambiguously in charge.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 04:04 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: He eluded to Bob already having an advisory role before being officially hired.

May be the case, but Donnie had a relationship with the family and player too. And actually scouted him for half a decade.
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 02:56 PM)WillE Wrote: https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/n...mike-forde

Beat me too it.  I recalled reading this, but wanted to get caught up on the thread before posting.  Thanks to Kamm for his insightful hand-picked quotes from the article.  When the dust settles on the who did what/when part of this (I like Swisher's version), this is what really matters.  Whoever comes in has to be able to work with Cuban.  He's not changing his stripes.  That seems to be part of Forde's shtick.  

Carlisle is an interesting question.  1.  If the search takes two months, then firing Carlisle would be tough.  You'd like the GM to make that hire and there may not be enough time to let that person do a proper evaluation before we are getting into training camp.  2.  If you are Carlisle, do you wait around?

Thankfully we don't have draft picks.  The draft is seven weeks away.  Unfortunately, we do have to figure out trades and free agency immediately after that.  If this firm does a typical search, we might not have a GM by then.
Like Reply
Is it true rumour that Luka is not happy about Donnie getting fired and may not sign the extension? Hope not.
Like Reply
Donnie may have been too much we love our boys in blue.  Some real nut cutting can take place.  I am not saying it is good news but changes will/can be made.  Is RC next?  I thought it was going to be boring waiting around for August.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 04:17 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: The draft is seven weeks away.  Unfortunately, we do have to figure out trades and free agency immediately after that.  If this firm does a typical search, we might not have a GM by then.

I think Mavs need a new GM within a week or max two, if they are making changes this offseason. Otherwise it will likely be run it back with a MLE guy and perhaps a minor trade or two and do the big move next offseason.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 04:19 PM)burekemde Wrote: Is it true rumour that Luka is not happy about Donnie getting fired and may not sign the extension? Hope not.

Where did you see not signing the extension at?...
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 04:21 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Where did you see not signing the extension at?...

He's talking about what Marc Spears said on the jump which felt like a bunch of bs to me.

Apparently Luka will put a statement out tomorrow?  Would be kind of weird if he did honestly...
Like Reply
Whoever is best at surrounding Luka with actual NBA level starters and star is the one who should be hired...
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 04:19 PM)burekemde Wrote: Is it true rumour that Luka is not happy about Donnie getting fired and may not sign the extension? Hope not.

It has been claimed that Luka is not happy about the move and will have a statement tomorrow. We'll see soon enough if that's true. ESPN also did its normal clickbait thing by cherry picking a simple statement about extension talks not happening yet in a way that implies there's some sort of drama around it. But nobody has claimed he will not sign the extension.
Like Reply