Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PLAYOFF CHALLENGE: Round 2 *1st round points updated
Alright, now that the first round has it's first team, I want to get this started as soon as possible cause if memory serves correctly, the 2nd round can start even when the 1st is still going. 

Rules are the same as the first round, pick the winner and the amount of games it takes.

Points are doubled from the first round (Mavs related points as well)

As soon as a matchup is determined, please try to get a prediction in as soon as you can. I'm gonna set a deadline of no edits or new posts to before the first game, AFTER the last 1st round game is played. Hope that makes sense. So, if there is a 1st round game still going when a second round game starts, you get that freebie game to make edits to that series.

Once the Second round gets going, I'll move this thread to the Contests and Challenges Forum to look at and post ongoing discussion.

Here are the official points for the first round:

ItsGoTime - 11
Mavs2021 - 12
HAguiar95 - 8
DrMav - 7
Scott41theMavs - 8
Omahen - 12
Jommybone - 9
Hypermav - 8
SkenfromLMF - 9 (just noticed you didn't put in a prediction for the ATL/NY game...dang)
juanc - 9
ClutchDirk - 0 (sorry man, I wanted you to be right!)
SleepingHero - 11
Halfnir - 8
dmavs4life03 - 5 (sorry, I didn't catch this quicker, I took your first entry, what your heart says)
HoosierDaddyKid - 11
Kammrath - 11
Hogmelon - 9
khaled1987 - 9
fifteenth - 9
ReunionMav - 7

Missed the deadline:

RasheedsBigWhiteSpot - 6
F Gump - 10
Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 10
Like Reply
I'll edit this post as the matchups keep coming in.

Bucks in 6
76ers in 7
Suns in 7
LaC in 6
Like Reply
Bucks in 6
Phi in 6
Den in 6
Clippers in 6
Like Reply
Just updated points for the series that ended last night, please check for mistakes!
Like Reply
Bucks in 6
Hawks in 6
Suns in 6
Jazz in 6
Being a Mavs hater is going to be my downfall. Big Grin
Like Reply
Nets in 7
76ers in 6
Suns in 6
Jazz in 7
Like Reply
What do the numbers represent?  The higher or lower the number means what?
Like Reply
Bucks in 7 (hopefully)
Phi in 6 (if Embiid is healthy)
Clippers in 6
Phoenix in 6 (if CP3 plays all games)
Like Reply
Nets 6
Hawks 6
Fart Nuggets 6
Clippers in 6 (I hate this pick)
Like Reply
Bucks in 7

PHI in 6

Suns in 7

Jazz 5
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-03-2021, 03:56 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: What do the numbers represent?  The higher or lower the number means what?
Which numbers are you referring to?

If it’s the number in the prediction posts, that’s the number of games you are guessing the series will go to (don’t have to get the point for the team who wins to get the point for the number of games).

If it’s the points tally for round 1 I am updating in the first post, that is to date the number of points each player has earned so far in the first round.

If I counted wrong on the tally for anyone please let me know, I went over them 3 times each, but I can still be wrong. There were lots of numbers swimming in my head when doing it and there were 3 series that ended last night making it a tad harder.
Like Reply
Getting my edit in in time

76ers in 6
Nets in 6
Suns in 6
Like Reply
Nets in 7
Philly in 6
Like Reply
Phoenix in 7. 
I don’t see my earlier post so this may or may not be a repeat post. Philly in 6 and Nets in 6.
Like Reply
One series left in the 1st round, who got that right? Biggest points if you did! Pretty tight race with SH taking a slight lead!
Like Reply
PHI 6
MIL 6
DEN 7
UT 6
Like Reply
Philly 7 
Milwaukee in 7 (people are way underrating the impact of Jrue on that team)
Phoenix in 6 (this could go to pot if CP gets worse)
Jazz in 6
Like Reply
(06-03-2021, 06:36 AM)omahen Wrote: Bucks in 6
Phi in 6
Den in 6

Can we get Omahen to also give spreads and over/under?  Same with Sleeping Hero, 2021 and Forrest Gump.
Thanks.  Entertainment purposes only Smile
Like Reply
(06-04-2021, 05:04 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Can we get Omahen to also give spreads and over/under?  Same with Sleeping Hero, 2021 and Forrest Gump.
Thanks.  Entertainment purposes only Smile

Lol

You got it. Here are my made up spreads for point total's for the first game

Suns-Den O/U points total for the first game: 210

PHI-Hawks O/U: 225

BKN-MIL O/U: 230

Bet away!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Utah in 6
Denver in 7
Philly in 5
Brooklyn in 7
Like Reply