Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2020-2021 ROSTER TALK: Archived
Griffin looks like it's time for retirement...unless he's nursing a temporary injury that's expected to get better.

Also

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...5371229185

I'm gonna go out on a limb (not much of a limb) Green never gets a player of the week.
Like Reply
(02-15-2021, 04:19 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: If you could get him for like nothing, ie JJ + Powell that would be an easy decision. He would likely start next to KP and we would just see what happens.

I was thinking for a min salary after he gets bought out and we waive Iwundu. 

Dude looks slow and is playing his way into retirement by force. But he is still incredibly talented and can facilitate at the 4. He'd be an interesting add just for the upside. At least he can hit a 3 better than Iwundu.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Would you guys take Griffin's contract if it meant also getting Saddiq Bey?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-15-2021, 05:34 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Would you guys take Griffin's contract if it meant also getting Saddiq Bey?

You mean the guy we could have just drafted a couple months ago? Sigh. Well that deal would never be on the table anyway.
Like Reply
(02-15-2021, 05:02 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I was thinking for a min salary after he gets bought out and we waive Iwundu. 

Dude looks slow and is playing his way into retirement by force. But he is still incredibly talented and can facilitate at the 4. He'd be an interesting add just for the upside. At least he can hit a 3 better than Iwundu.

The problem is that won't happen bc he will go to a contender where he is like the 7th best player.
Like Reply
I'd do Powell + JJ for Griffin if I couldn't get a better deal but my guess is that Griffin would pout and we'd end up buying him out next offseason anyway.
Like Reply
No thanks to anything Griffin other than a buyout.

If I were trying to do something, I'd try to get Lowry out of a Drummond to Toronto deal by sending Cleveland Johnson and Richardson.  For Dallas the deal is basically expiring JRich for expiring Lowry and we move $3.4mm closer to the LT, but still $1.8mm under.
Like Reply
It's pretty dim of the Mavs to consider themselves contenders for the services of any useful bought-out player.
Like Reply
http://bleacherreport.com/post/washingto...ac544431a2

Beal getting more frustrated lately...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(02-15-2021, 08:36 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: No thanks to anything Griffin other than a buyout.

If I were trying to do something, I'd try to get Lowry out of a Drummond to Toronto deal by sending Cleveland Johnson and Richardson.  For Dallas the deal is basically expiring JRich for expiring Lowry and we move $3.4mm closer to the LT, but still $1.8mm under.

Hay Dan, I see the old name returned.  Do you think Duffy would like his guy being traded so soon?
Like Reply
(02-15-2021, 08:36 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: No thanks to anything Griffin other than a buyout.

I'd love Lowry on this team even if it costs us Richardson. He's similar a similar level of defender, but a better and more varied offensive player.

I'm all in on a Lowry trade. I just don't think TOR would ever trade that dude for a guy like Drummond and spare parts.
Like Reply
(02-15-2021, 09:57 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: It's pretty dim of the Mavs to consider themselves contenders for the services of any useful bought-out player.

Hey old past their prime PF's coming off a buyout is a Mavs specialty. 

Elton Brand (amnestied), David Lee, Amare Stoudemire, Peja (kinda a stretch), MKG (definitely a stretch), etc.

So if there was ONE player I'd think the Mavs would have a good shot with should he get bought out, its Blake Griffin.
Like Reply
If I'm the MBT, I'd trade for Drummond.  They have to be tired of watching the team get bodied on the boards.  I'm not sure if Drummond is a fit or long term answer, but as long as you aren't giving up too much, he's certainly worth kicking the tires on and fits a desperate need.
Like Reply
(02-16-2021, 01:24 AM)chaparral Wrote: Hay Dan, I see the old name returned.  Do you think Duffy would like his guy being traded so soon?

Yeah, Clutch was...well...clutch and figured out how to fix it.

Duffy's main job is to get Richardson a great contract this summer.  So, I think how much he minds it is tied directly to how valuable Richardson would be to his new team.  Dallas seemed like a great fit (and may still be).
Like Reply
(02-16-2021, 05:10 AM)cow Wrote: If I'm the MBT, I'd trade for Drummond.  They have to be tired of watching the team get bodied on the boards.  I'm not sure if Drummond is a fit or long term answer, but as long as you aren't giving up too much, he's certainly worth kicking the tires on and fits a desperate need.

Cleveland would have to take back Powell in that situation. Not impossible altho you probably have to add something else to make it worth their while and would Mavs do that for an expiring player? They'd have his bird rights at least. I am not sure I'd give up much other than two 2nds knowing you might not be able to keep him.
Like Reply
(02-16-2021, 01:57 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'd love Lowry on this team even if it costs us Richardson. He's similar a similar level of defender, but a better and more varied offensive player.

I'm all in on a Lowry trade. I just don't think TOR would ever trade that dude for a guy like Drummond and spare parts.

I would love a Lowry for J Rich trade. I think Rich is fine but Lowry is more of a needle-mover for me.
Like Reply
My favorite trade ideas that could conceivably happens still are either Lowry for J Rich or Gallo for expiring + a rookie prospect.
Like Reply
I respect that many of y'all seem to want Lowry, that is your legit basketball opinion apparently (and I get that Lowry has been a good ball player)....

.....but this is how it makes me feel:

[Image: 200.gif]
Like Reply
(02-16-2021, 10:42 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I respect that many of y'all seem to want Lowry, that is your legit basketball opinion apparently (and I get that Lowry has been a good ball player)....

.....but this is how it makes me feel:

[Image: 200.gif]

That's how Drummond makes me feel. Tho I might be interested in him as a way to salary dump KP/Powell.
Like Reply
(02-16-2021, 10:55 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: That's how Drummond makes me feel. Tho I might be interested in him as a way to salary dump KP/Powell.

Federally Appointed KP Hater..  Wink
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply