Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know why Mavs Hawks was blacked on ESPN in Dallas last night?
I could not get the game last night on ESPN thru hulu. I saw online it was blacked out in Dallas.

I am well familiar with the situation (I thought) with Fox Sports Southwest and most cable providers and streaming services -> its been dropped from all of them except AT&T...

However, I understood that national broadcasts on ESPN, TNT, and ABC would occur on whatever provider carried these networks.

This had been the case until last night.

Anyone know what’s going on? I wonder now if all games on any network will be blacked in Dallas?
Like Reply
n b a b i t e . c o m
Like Reply
Thats weird, ESPN was fine for me through Xfinity (Comcast).
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
ESPN was not showing the game here on Suddenlink Cable.  It was only on FSSW.  And I'm 100 miles from Dallas.
Like Reply
Read somewhere that if the game is also broadcast on FSSW with Followill and Harper, the ESPN feed gets blacked out.

They usually take the night off if it's a national TV game.  Not sure how that decision is made.
Like Reply
Ok, thanks very much for the response! I was just trying to figure out the reason.
Like Reply
(02-12-2021, 01:29 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Read somewhere that if the game is also broadcast on FSSW with Followill and Harper, the ESPN feed gets blacked out.

They usually take the night off if it's a national TV game.  Not sure how that decision is made.

The only time I've seen that happen here in the past was on some of the TNT games.  I don't remember an ESPN game ever being blocked here.  Seems like something must have changed.
Like Reply