Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MavsTV Options this season...
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1335403315119738880
Like Reply
https://hehestreams.com/ looks really interesting. I am tired of getting jerked around by these sport networks. This has DVR, app on Roku and whatnot. I will probably try it if there isn't an 11th hour deal.

I would be fine with signing up for League Pass but they black out the games in my area for no discernible reason. They make it so hard to get the games, its really unbelievable.
Like Reply
So i read the Brad Townsend article referenced above in the paper this morning...

My takeaway:
The Mavericks and AT&T are business partners.

As noted above, Cuban states that there are already many options (i see those continuing to narrow in the future) and the Mavs are working with AT&T to ensure that there are streaming and TV options available.

I don’t see YouTube TV or Hulu picking Fox Sports back up...

Other than this:

“As for his point about national TV, yes, Dallas’ 16 scheduled appearances during the season’s first 37 games trail only the Lakers’ 19.”

It looks like it’s AT&T...
Like Reply
I'm a cord cutter and I loved being able to watch and/or record Mavs games on HULU. TBH, Cuban's comments seem pretty self serving to me and not very sensitive to a fan base that 1) may not live close enough to viably buy a season pass (even if they could afford it) and 2) can't attend the games even if they did have the tickets. 

I would think Cuban would want as wide distribution as possible for Mav's games with the hometown broadcast team. Not count on a national network team to provide the positive coverage needed. I mean, if they are playing the LALs, LACs or HOUs, which team do you think is going to get the most airtime? I'll NEVER forget or forgive the Craig Sager behavior back in 2006, may he RIP. The national team certainly won't provide the behind-the-scenes news and information you get with your own team's reporters. 

Hard to be a fan if you can't see the product.
Like Reply
(12-07-2020, 04:55 PM)michaeltex Wrote: I'll NEVER forget or forgive the Craig Sager behavior back in 2006

What happened?
Like Reply
(12-07-2020, 04:58 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: What happened?

He cheated on his wife and this upgraded to a new family I think, sort of disowning his original family was the story I thought.
Like Reply
You know that's was too harsh of a statement I made. 

That was a miserable June and I've probably associated him and his colorful attire too much with the Mav's loss. After all, he didn't give Wade a FT parade.
Like Reply
So long story short I think Sager left his first wife for a Bull's dancer than later cut his kids out of his will because he's a dbag. I can't tell you I am a historian but I am reasonably sure he wasn't the class guy we were led to believe he was.

https://www.news-press.com/story/sports/...025201001/
Like Reply
(12-05-2020, 09:42 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1335403315119738880

This is so damn annoying. They act like the problem is only affecting cord cutters.

I happily pay the $100+ month to the largest cable provider to have a wide selection of channels, HD and DVR, and my provider has dropped FSSW.

Ive tried Frontier and Spectrum, no luck. 

It looks like my only option is AT&T streaming. Like why? Would I want to stream a basketball game? I want full resolution HD, no buffering, no pixelation, with DVR so I can come home late from work and watch the game in fast forward. Or save it forever like Dirk’s final season. 

My only experience with streaming services is that they suck balls. Except for Netflix. Netflix actually has legit quality resolution, unlike Amazon. And Hulu is fine only when the router and smart TV are in the same room together. 

I just want to watch my Mavs in HD, DVR it, and not be interrupted when it thunderstorms. I’ve had this luxury for 15 years. I’m used it. Why am I being forced to go backwards? Why do I need to research streams and how to buy nba league pass with rupees? This is the dumbest, absolute dumbest situation imaginable for watching a local sports team.

/End Rant
Like Reply
I use Hulu and others over a ROKU device (the one that's a small 6x6 box, not the stick) and I get great picture quality with the TV all the way across the house. Usually, any problem is related to the incoming signal from ATT DSL. My set is a 6yo Samsung Smart TV, but the signal was a lot more squirrely using the TV functions and the Roku seems to solve it.

I'm still PO'd about the FSSW stuff though. Maybe it's negotiation time, one of the area NBC channels is running a banner talking about how it's been dropped by DISH Network.
Like Reply
https://www.dallashoopscast.com/blog/how...t-in-2021/

Here's a whole article detailing ALL the options so far. 

None of them are that appealing imo.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Where I live, about 60 miles north of Dallas, the local cable carries FSSW, which is good most of the time. The area does have a little curve ball. The powers-that-be decided years ago that this is a seperate TV viewing network. They're within 75 miles of Dallas so they had to attach the viewing network to one of the cities in southern Oklahoma so they could have a TV station in our city. So, our north Texas viewing area is considered to be southern Oklahoma. Every once in a while a Mavs game can be over-ruled by the need for FSSW to show a woman's basketball game from some college in Oklahoma. I'm sure the neighbors can hear my screams on those days. Any time I want to hear their explanation for why the Mavs aren't on my TV, right now, I'm free to call and hear it, but it won't get the game on my TV.  Angry
Like Reply
ATT Tv with 3 boxes running on 300mb cable internet and I get HD with virtually no issues...because I got ot under a N.Tx address I get FSSW in Western OK with full DVR recording capabilities...I get to hear Followill instead of the crappy announcers for other teams and am subjected to the best non bias play by play in the League...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Are these preseason games going to be on TV?

I am going to do the http://hehestreams.com/ trial for the first preseason game (assuming they have it?) and see how it goes.
Like Reply
They better figure some shit out.  No AT&T in my area (lots of new construction).  No way in hell I'm doing cable in the year 2020.
Like Reply
720p replays - you can download with something like jdownloader 2

https://www.nbareplayhd.com/
Like Reply
Tried Hehe Streams. It seems fine. Good streaming quality and worked fine on my laptop/Chromecast. It did not work on my Roku channel -- I kept getting error messages. I put in a ticket, and I'll see how that goes. The cost is $100 for the season or $25 for six weeks or so. Either way, you get your choice of streams -- home, away and national. It is live and on demand. I gambled $25 to see if Hulu or YTTV picks up FSSW. If they don't, I'll just pay the $100. Still cheaper than AT&T at $80 per month.
Like Reply
(12-12-2020, 03:26 AM)Mavsdemon Wrote: Tried Hehe Streams. It seems fine. Good streaming quality and worked fine on my laptop/Chromecast. It did not work on my Roku channel -- I kept getting error messages. I put in a ticket, and I'll see how that goes. The cost is $100 for the season or $25 for six weeks or so. Either way, you get your choice of streams -- home, away and national. It is live and on demand. I gambled $25 to see if Hulu or YTTV picks up FSSW. If they don't, I'll just pay the $100. Still cheaper than AT&T at $80 per month.

Call me skeptical, but how are they offering that for less than LP (and without blackouts)???
Like Reply
(12-12-2020, 03:56 AM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: Call me skeptical, but how are they offering that for less than LP (and without blackouts)???

https://64.media.tumblr.com/694e4920d0fd...9d2b1.gifv
Like Reply
For the "unofficial" streamers out there who can't find another good way to watch the games, here are my top-3 free sources. Note that I added a space before the dot simply because I don't want the board to automatically display an image. 

1st choice for basketball: nba4live .xyz
If that doesn't work: sportsurge .net (Use an ad blocker, and always close popups.)
Replays after the game ends: nbahdreplay .com

Hopefully Fox Sports can get their act together so that we can all get back to normal soon.
Like Reply