Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart
Porter is super overrated, I pass.
Like Reply
If the price isn`t to high it might be time to talk about Kevin Love again. Averaging 17/17/5 on 49/40/83 66% TS. Obviously not the greatest fit but talent wise he would be the missing 3rd (2nd...right now I would take him over KP on offense) option. The floor spacing with both him and KP would be insane. Probably weakens the defense but as long as the Mavs keep Kleber as the backup they should be fine.

Hard to say what the Cavaliers would want in exchange and the Mavs are obviously out of assets but I don´t think other teams are willing to pay a big price.
Maybe a 1st + young player + salary match. Mavs have young players and could match salaries. Not having picks right now really sucks. Draft lottery could have favored us at least once.
Like Reply
The Lakers game has clarified my thinking. Forget about positional need and such, the Mavs just need a guy who can flat out attack, create a shot, and score.  KP should become a good player in time, but he’s just not a guy to iso.  His size just makes him too uncoordinated to do that well. He’ll do great where Luka can create a shot for him or shooting over guys.  But when he tries to put the ball on the floor, turnover city or awkward looking shot. So, the Mavs need to go get someone, besides Luks, you can give the ball too and let them work.  A better version of THJ.  And until then, and I can’t believe I’m saying this, THJ needs to close games.
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 07:22 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: The Lakers game has clarified my thinking.

Agree 100%.

My concerns about Seth were real. He's a very valuable shooter but he was just overmatched. Not enough size or physicality. As a result THJ played major minutes, often guarding Lebron. But THJ still sucks. Terrible shot selection, streaky shooting, peer decision making, terrible defense. 

I said in another thread ... Doncic is so good that the Mavs are now one player away. Big-time playmaking guard or big physical wing.
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 09:39 AM)vfromlmf Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 07:22 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: The Lakers game has clarified my thinking.

Agree 100%.

My concerns about Seth were real. He's a very valuable shooter but he was just overmatched. Not enough size or physicality. As a result THJ played major minutes, often guarding Lebron. But THJ still sucks. Terrible shot selection, streaky shooting, peer decision making, terrible defense. 

I said in another thread ... Doncic is so good that the Mavs are now one player away. Big-time playmaking guard or big physical wing.

Lakers are unique in that they can play very big with LeBron and AD at 3/4. I wish we had played more Boban when Howard and I was out there as that was helping neutralize the Lakers advantage.

Most nights Curry is fine out there. Mavs will punish teams that go small. When the Lakers tried AD at the 5 the Mavs were killing them.

(11-02-2019, 07:22 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: The Lakers game has clarified my thinking. Forget about positional need and such, the Mavs just need a guy who can flat out attack, create a shot, and score.  KP should become a good player in time, but he’s just not a guy to iso.  His size just makes him too uncoordinated to do that well. He’ll do great where Luka can create a shot for him or shooting over guys.  But when he tries to put the ball on the floor, turnover city or awkward looking shot. So, the Mavs need to go get someone, besides Luks, you can give the ball too and let them work.  A better version of THJ.  And until then, and I can’t believe I’m saying this, THJ needs to close games.

This was supposed to be Wright and can still be Wright as he gets more comfortable. Mavs have good pieces, they just need experience together.
Like Reply
Besides Luka they haven't figured out their roles yet.

Even Porzingis is struggling because Powell is totally different than Maxi. 

Wright needs to get many more minutes and responsibility. He plays calm and is very good at driving to the rim. He almost takes no bad shots.

Hardaway Jr. Could be better if he had a more clearly defined role as well.

Brunson is the worst of the bunch. He feels completely lost about where his place on this team is.

Further I would like to see Luka play some possession like he has at the start of last season where he would be the one receiving the pass. Maybe when he plays with the 2nd unit.
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 09:43 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: I wish we had played more Boban when Howard and I was out there

AD, is that you?
Like Reply
I am not expecting any miracle trades. No way Bulls trade Otto Porter Jr., especially for our trash THJ. We need to think small. I liked the Cody Zeller idea earlier, his defense is vastly underrated. 

But one guy I would try to target is Tony Snell, who's on DET right now. If GS looks to tank (and they should), I think DLo to Detroit makes a lot of sense and I would love for us to be the third team that jumps in there.

Took a quick glance at the numbers but maybe something like:

GS - C. Lee, RJax, DET's 1st
DET - DLo, Roby
DAL - Snell ?
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 02:42 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: I am not expecting any miracle trades. No way Bulls trade Otto Porter Jr., especially for our trash THJ. We need to think small. I liked the Cody Zeller idea earlier, his defense is vastly underrated. 

But one guy I would try to target is Tony Snell, who's on DET right now. If GS looks to tank (and they should), I think DLo to Detroit makes a lot of sense and I would love for us to be the third team that jumps in there.

Took a quick glance at the numbers but maybe something like:

GS - C. Lee, RJax, DET's 1st
DET - DLo, Roby
DAL - Snell ?

You’d have to give me something more to take on Snell.  In fact, that something would be the purpose of the deal.

I’ve long been a fan of Zeller.  Now he’s shooting 3’s (he’s made 4 of 10 attempts this season).  Charlotte will be a cap room team this summer and moving him gets them even more room.  So, there might be a reason for them to move on from him.  

I’m not sure where we fit in Zeller along with the bigs we already have.  Do you do a Lee + Jackson deal to add another big?  Or, do you combine Maxi and Lee to slightly improve your 3rd big?  Adding Maxi to the deal instead of Jackson creates a little more cap room in 21.
Like Reply
Just a horrible and stupid shitty risky idea. But would you trade for Andrew Wiggins in the hope a change of scenery would change him?
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 11:39 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 09:43 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: I wish we had played more Boban when Howard and I was out there

AD, is that you?

He was +9, had 7 boards in 11 minutes. I thought he was good.
Like Reply
How about a small trade for Jae Crowder at some point this year? He is getting a lot of minutes to my surprise. Not sure the Grizz have long term plans for Jae. If they turn into tank mode then Jae might not have much of a role. Mavs could use a big wing like Crowder. He obviously played well when he was here. Mavs could trade him into their remaining TPE and send back a 2nd round pick or Roby-type end of bench guy.
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 06:05 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: He was +9, had 7 boards in 11 minutes. I thought he was good.

Questioning whether I should have made the "I" bigger to stand out even more.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/youngdrippapi/status...8644754432

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(11-03-2019, 02:24 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/youngdrippapi/status...8644754432

[Image: giphy.gif]

Chris Broussard Burner account obviously x Dodgy
Like Reply
Paul to Dallas dilemma comes down to two basic questions:
1. Does he makes us a contender?
2. Is the owner prepared to pay tax?

Positive things he brings:
- he is a fierce competitor and plays defense
- he is a good shooter
- he has been around
- we keep all our assets and perhaps get some more (surely we don't pay more than Lee+THJ). This means we add a first rounder next year and a player for MLE
- allows us to go all in by trading JJ+Brunson for a pure 3-D starter wing

Negative:
- not a perfect fit with Luka
- old, injury prone
- makes either Wright or Brunson somehow redundant
- kills flexibility for next 3 years - but, can we really do better for Lee and THJ?

IMHO, the answer to the first question could be yes, it could work. Seems like we are not that far. We keep deep bench and assets for additional moves if needed.
Like Reply
(11-03-2019, 03:21 PM)omahen Wrote: Paul to Dallas dilemma comes down to two basic questions:

- he is a good shooter
- he has been around
- we keep all our assets and perhaps get some more (surely we don't pay more than Lee+THJ). This means we add a first rounder next year and a player for MLE

Negative:
- old, injury prone
- kills flexibility for next 3 years - but, can we really do better for Lee and THJ?

IMHO, the answer to the first question could be yes, it could work. Seems like we are not that far. We keep deep bench and assets for additional moves if needed.

The key to whether a deal could work or not is not to get fleeced. OKC played hardball with all of their trade partners. I want no part of that. Their standpoint is going to be THJ + Lee + a major tip. No thank you. Taking on that ridiculous contract is enough.

The bigger picture is that I don't want CP if he doesn't agree coming in that this is Luka's team. It's very hard to imagine that happening.
Like Reply
I don't think the Mavs are interested in Paul at all. His impact on this team would not be enough to justt the insane cost of his contract even if you got him for your own contract dumps. THJ is expiring next year, he is the only guy you could call a bad contact and his deal is very movable next summer.

A team like Orlando could benefit from a point guard like CP3. They don't have anyone of that quality. But even they would not sign up for that massive contract. Best guess is that CP3 stays right where he is for the foreseeable future.
Like Reply
omahen
Paul to Dallas dilemma comes down to two basic questions:

- he is a good shooter
- he has been around

Negative:
- old, injury prone

I do think he is good fit with Luka. Luka played his best in Spain beside Sergio Llull who is one of the best PGs in Europe. It was said in his draft scout that it for everyone best if he has such high level of PG.
CP3 fits that perfectly, he is a veteran, who just came from playing beside one of the most ball dominant Guards in the league in James Harden. And he was success there. Also he has been always above average shooter which helps. Luka never had a chance to play beside a starting caliber PG in the NBA. I might argue that Llull is still the best guard he played with.
He won't make Wright & Brunson redundant either. He will be on somewhat stricted minutes due to his age. Both guys can learn a lot from having him around. And they will get that THJ minutes. RC loves to have playmakers and they will continue to find a way to play. I know people will hate having a shorter line ups, but RC thrives in that.

The real catch is this:
-Is it THJ + Lee alone? I doubt OKC would do that. Anything more is a big no for me. Even a 2nd round pick is a no go for me.
-And how much health & game does he have in his tank?
-What is the Mavs chances in Free Agency? He basically kills any FA chance until 2022, will force us to wait on extending Luka till he hits FA to renew him if we want to get someone in 2022.
Too many if, but if all was on our side ihe can be a shorter version of Kidd during his RC time here
Like Reply
Big NO to Paul. His character would destroy this team. He is demanding, injury prone and a disruptor of team chemistry. Big No. If we go for established Vets get somebody more unselfish.
Like Reply