Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
2019-20 Around the NBA: Archived
Russell, Murray, Jokic and an aging Milsap, seems pretty terrible on defense.

I wouldn't do that trade if I was Denver, wait and see what Porter can do.
Harris seems like a better fit with Jokic anyway.
Like Reply
Fight

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/...7570145296

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/...6479326208

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/...8022240257

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/...5615063045

https://twitter.com/OKCTHUNDERAlex/statu...1308516352
Like Reply
Unbelievably high scoring game between the Rockets and Wizards, Houston  wins 159-158, behind 59 pts from Harden and  Westbrook's  140th career triple double. Beal scored 46 for the Wiz. I didn't think Wash could score that many points. Reminded me of how games were played in the 70's and 80's, out score the opposition.
Like Reply
PHX leads GSW by 34 in the 2nd quarter AND @ GS.  Crazy.  GSW will not be a playoff team.
Like Reply
(10-30-2019, 10:33 PM)Hypermav Wrote: PHX leads GSW by 34 in the 2nd quarter AND @ GS.  Crazy.  GSW will not be a playoff team.

Everybody is taking out 5 years of frustration on them now.
Like Reply
(10-30-2019, 10:21 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Unbelievably high scoring game between the Rockets and Wizards, Houston  wins 159-158, behind 59 pts from Harden and  Westbrook's  140th career triple double. Beal scored 46 for the Wiz. I didn't think Wash could score that many points. Reminded me of how games were played in the 70's and 80's, out score the opposition.

No overtime? Wow.
Rockets are playing with a higer pace since RW arrived but that´s on another level.

Scores like this make me appreciate the way the Mavs defended in the crucial minutes of the the season so far. Outside of Harden shooting 30FTs I don´t see a team scoring 130+ against the Mavs.

(10-30-2019, 10:41 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 10:33 PM)Hypermav Wrote: PHX leads GSW by 34 in the 2nd quarter AND @ GS.  Crazy.  GSW will not be a playoff team.

Everybody is taking out 5 years of frustration on them now.

Imagine being Steph Curry. Going from best supporting cast in the league to what´s the name of our stating center again.
I did not know the names of half of their roster prior to the season.
Like Reply
The 0-5 Kings:

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
Steph Curry broke his left hand tonight.  280 pound Aron Baynes fell on it, during a collision.  When it rains, it pours.
Like Reply
(10-30-2019, 11:27 PM)Kammrath Wrote: The 0-5 Kings:

[Image: giphy.gif]

Jackson, Seth, and Wright combined make right around 20 mil this year

(10-30-2019, 11:33 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Steph Curry broke his left hand tonight.  280 pound Aron Baines fell on it, during a collision.  When it rains, it pours.

Hello worst record
Like Reply
(10-30-2019, 11:37 AM)Jym Wrote: Really? 
They're honestly my favorites to win unless one of the other teams pull off a trade. Of course that depends on Davis actually being healthy when the playoffs start. Such a wide open year. 
 I'm getting more and more on board with a win now type move for OKC guys

Yeah in my opinion I just think LA's lack of depth will ruin them come playoff time. The West won't be a cakewalk. LeChina and AD aren't going to be given many opportunities to rest. Every game matters. And because of their lack of depth they're going to be forced to play heavy minutes. 

Come April it won't matter how talented AD or LeChina are, tired legs kills any team. And thats assuming that AD bucks his injury bug and Lebron doesn't break down, which is an interesting betting line to me. Lebron has played in total including playoffs 56,421 minutes. He is on pace to shatter Kareem's record if he continues to remain healthy, and it's uncharted waters Lebron is entering. No one has ever put up that amount of minutes in as little time as he has. Will he remain superhuman at 35? Last year showed he was mortal. 

Lakers are risky. If the playoffs was 2v2 and in a vacuum I'd pick Lebron and AD versus almost anyone. But they aren't and I think their downfalls will be on everyone else not named Lebron and AD, and external factors like injuries.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/warriorspr/status/11...75617?s=21

Mavs are almost a lock now to make the playoffs. Warriors dynasty is over
Like Reply
Mavs are making playoff this year, boys. 

Dal & PHX IN. 

Golden State and Sacramento OUT.
Like Reply
(10-30-2019, 11:41 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 11:37 AM)Jym Wrote: Really? 
They're honestly my favorites to win unless one of the other teams pull off a trade. Of course that depends on Davis actually being healthy when the playoffs start. Such a wide open year. 
 I'm getting more and more on board with a win now type move for OKC guys

Yeah in my opinion I just think LA's lack of depth will ruin them come playoff time. The West won't be a cakewalk. LeChina and AD aren't going to be given many opportunities to rest. Every game matters. And because of their lack of depth they're going to be forced to play heavy minutes. 

Come April it won't matter how talented AD or LeChina are, tired legs kills any team. And thats assuming that AD bucks his injury bug and Lebron doesn't break down, which is an interesting betting line to me. Lebron has played in total including playoffs 56,421 minutes. He is on pace to shatter Kareem's record if he continues to remain healthy, and it's uncharted waters Lebron is entering. No one has ever put up that amount of minutes in as little time as he has. Will he remain superhuman at 35? Last year showed he was mortal. 

Lakers are risky. If the playoffs was 2v2 and in a vacuum I'd pick Lebron and AD versus almost anyone. But they aren't and I think their downfalls will be on everyone else not named Lebron and AD, and external factors like injuries.

Injuries are no doubt a worry for them but in terms of depth I'd say both Kuzma and Green are better than any of our potential #3's
So they're rather top heavy
Like Reply
(10-30-2019, 07:22 PM)Hypermav Wrote: https://fadeawayworld.net/2019/10/30/nba...r-nuggets/

Absolutely hilarious idea. First off Russell's value doesn't command Gary Harris, MPJ, Hernangomez, Vanderbilt AND a first round pick.

2nd off, why would a potential top 2 team like Denver trade such a key piece like Harris for a risk like Russell? Jokic is their PG, with Murray and Harris as 2nd and 3rd ball handlers respectively.

3rd, Russell has regressed considerably. He looks nothing like the crafty primary scoring option he was in Brooklyn. I largely believe the reason why that is is because the Warriors are just not using him correctly. Now that Curry is out, maybe Russell starts to go off, but the lack of talent around him means teams can triple team him with no repercussions. 

The only team that's desperate enough to make some noise AND would want to trade for Russell are the Wolves. They've long been interested in him and the fact him and KAT are friends only builds that case. 

What a lazy article by the writer.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(10-30-2019, 11:49 PM)iolide Wrote: Mavs are making playoff this year, boys. 

Dal & PHX IN. 

Golden State and Sacramento OUT.

They should.  4 games into the season, is kinda early to make those proclamations though.  Anything can happen, to any team.
Like Reply
(10-30-2019, 11:43 PM)TheSportyChannel Wrote: https://twitter.com/warriorspr/status/11...75617?s=21

Incredible. What awful luck for the Warriors. Not even 5 games in and Curry is done for the year. Sucks because Curry is one of the most exciting players to watch.

But I definitely think this kills the Warriors playoff chances. 

HOU
DEN
UTA
POR
LAC
---
---
---

3 spots up for the taking. Lakers, Mavericks, Wolves, Spurs are the contenders.
Like Reply
^^^  Agree, its 9 teams for 8 spots but Mavs will make it.
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 12:00 AM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 11:43 PM)TheSportyChannel Wrote: https://twitter.com/warriorspr/status/11...75617?s=21

Incredible. What awful luck for the Warriors. Not even 5 games in and Curry is done for the year. Sucks because Curry is one of the most exciting players to watch.

But I definitely think this kills the Warriors playoff chances. 

HOU
DEN
UTA
POR
LAC
---
---
---

3 spots up for the taking. Lakers, Mavericks, Wolves, Spurs are the contenders.

I don't think he's done for the year.  Kerr said he may not need surgery, and might just need to wear a cast.  They'll know more in the coming days. He could be back by late December.
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 12:36 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: He could be back by late December.

Their season will be over by late December
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 12:04 AM)ThunderMav Wrote: ^^^  Agree, its 9 teams for 8 spots but Mavs will make it.

It´s actually 10 teams depending on how you feel about the Suns. And I don´t think you can ignore that they were four points away from being 5-0 against the toughest(?) schedule in the league so far.
Like Reply