Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-19-2020, 01:05 PM)cjeter24 Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 12:55 PM)cow Wrote: I can't imagine being on the fence if Bogdan is gettable.  That seems like a bird in the hand versus two in the bush scenario.

I think he's clearly gettable. You just saw him get dealt for basically just Donte ha.

Meaning gettable by us.  Smile

(11-19-2020, 02:03 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Paul Millsap is about to be 36 years old!!!!!

Paul Millsap is the finest of wines!!!!!
Like Reply
Lowe said he thinks Denver is going to pay Grant ... not reporting it, just his prediction. He said Millsap is interesting ... Millsap is also getting more interest than he would have thought. Lowe though he looked a little creaky in the bubble and was awful in the Jazz series, but perked up in the Clippers series and looked okay in the Lakers series. Only puts it at 30% he resigns with the Nuggets.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 02:37 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 02:36 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Good info...thanks.  Seems the team agrees they need one more bigger forward (RoCo and Gallinari are opposite sides of the same coin, but both can hit an outside shot).  The question is who else resembles that coin and how do you get there?

I might be thinking too big here, but: Christian Wood. Jerami Grant. Both can shoot, and both are in the theme of "let's get more athletic."

I would KILL for the Mavs to get Grant.  He's bigger, physical, really good defensively, and can shoot the open.  He'd be the PERFECT addition without having to trade a bunch to get him(if they could talk him into wanting to come here and getting a SnT done).

Otherwise I'm okay with the other guys mentioned.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 02:37 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 02:36 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Good info...thanks.  Seems the team agrees they need one more bigger forward (RoCo and Gallinari are opposite sides of the same coin, but both can hit an outside shot).  The question is who else resembles that coin and how do you get there?

I might be thinking too big here, but: Christian Wood. Jerami Grant. Both can shoot, and both are in the theme of "let's get more athletic."

I can't imagine we'd be able to maneuver to get both.  I think Denver values Grant so they'll end up resigning them.  I also think he's a tad overrated and is thriving because Denver has so many good pieces around him (not that it would be all that different here).  I like to call those types of players "love to have them on your team, hate to pay them".   Another example would be Jae Crowder. If MBT love Wood, throw the full MLE at him and hope it gets done.
Like Reply
Since we're pretty sure it's the 4 spot they're looking at, I want to add to my list of Grant and Wood (who could also play center, btw) to include OPJ. @"DanSchwartzman" had the great idea of how this could be done without THJ in another thread. 

Grant and OPJ are both 4's who can play a liiiiiiitle 3, and Wood is a 5 who can play as a 2nd big (regardless of position) who can play with any other big on the roster. Put him with Powell? He's a spacer. Put him with KP or Kleber? He's the rim runner.
Like Reply
If they can get OPJ and still have THJ I think that's about as great and offseason as they could have dreamed. They are better NOW without leveraging their future to do it.

They could legit be a Top 4 seed and see where it goes from there. If KP isn't hurt all year and they click like I think, they could scare everyone. Even the Lakers/Clips.
Like Reply
I mean ... if we're just completely writing off Giannis lottery ticket and the Not Really All That Great 2021 FA class ... there is another 4 up in Detroit who isn't Christian Wood.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 02:48 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Since we're pretty sure it's the 4 spot they're looking at, I want to add to my list of Grant and Wood (who could also play center, btw) to include OPJ. @"DanSchwartzman" had the great idea of how this could be done without THJ in another thread. 

Grant and OPJ are both 4's who can play a liiiiiiitle 3, and Wood is a 5 who can play as a 2nd big (regardless of position) who can play with any other big on the roster. Put him with Powell? He's a spacer. Put him with KP or Kleber? He's the rim runner.

Far prefer the others as they'd be long term plays and I see OPJ as a rental.  Speaking of rentals, add Tucker the list of names?
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 02:52 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: I mean ... if we're just completely writing off Giannis lottery ticket and the Not Really All That Great 2021 FA class ... there is another 4 up in Detroit who isn't Christian Wood.

Gross. 

You were on a roll, so don't ruin it by actually saying the name. Let's just pretend this post never happened.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 02:38 PM)cow Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 01:05 PM)cjeter24 Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 12:55 PM)cow Wrote: I can't imagine being on the fence if Bogdan is gettable.  That seems like a bird in the hand versus two in the bush scenario.

I think he's clearly gettable. You just saw him get dealt for basically just Donte ha.

Meaning gettable by us.  Smile

(11-19-2020, 02:03 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Paul Millsap is about to be 36 years old!!!!!

Paul Millsap is the finest of wines!!!!!
Donte is in the same realm of value as Brunson IMO. 

Hell they went to the same school. Drafted same year, one year age difference. Bucks reached a bit for him at 17 that year too. But he was projected late 1st right about the same spot as Brunson. 

And nothing in their careers has made me think Donte is going to be a star any more than Jalen. They are both really solid young players that have starter potential but limited upside IMO.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 02:52 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: I mean ... if we're just completely writing off Giannis lottery ticket and the Not Really All That Great 2021 FA class ... there is another 4 up in Detroit who isn't Christian Wood.

[Image: tenor.gif]

Still a little worried if he'd gunk up the team chemistry.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 02:53 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:

Gross. 

You were on a roll, so don't ruin it by actually saying the name. Let's just pretend this post never happened.

You can't deny that if Blake is healthy, he'd be an absolute monster here with Luka. He can actually shoot now too.

Illyasova waived.. That kills the Bogdan deal. Or revisit of it at least.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 02:53 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:

Gross. 

If we got Christian Wood, who needs Giannis.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Be prepared
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 02:54 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: Donte is in the same realm of value as Brunson IMO. 

Hell they went to the same school. Drafted same year, one year age difference. Bucks reached a bit for him at 17 that year too. But he was projected late 1st right about the same spot as Brunson. 

And nothing in their careers has made me think Donte is going to be a star any more than Jalen. They are both really solid young players that have starter potential but limited upside IMO.

[Image: 8LJn.gif]
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 02:56 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: You can't deny that if Blake is healthy, he'd be an absolute monster here with Luka. He can actually shoot now too.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 02:56 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: You can't deny that if Blake is healthy, he'd be an absolute monster here with Luka. He can actually shoot now too.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts...
Like Reply
THJ is just too hit or miss for me offensively. Love his effort on defense, but he just lacks the physical tools. I wish we could get our hands on Joe Ingles. Great team defender, high BBIQ and underrated playmaker. He can attack close outs pretty well and is good at finding open shooters (avg 5 assists last year). Also I think Brunson is expendable now with Terry, JJB coming back, and we could always bring back Burke.

Mavs: J. Ingles, Ed Davis
Utah: THJ, Brunson

Doncic/Burke/JJB
JRich/Green/Terry
Ingles/DFS/Bey
Powell/Kleber/ MLE
KP/Davis/Bobi (or WCS)
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 02:56 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: Illyasova waived.. That kills the Bogdan deal. Or revisit of it at least.

Not at all. Milwaukee has a bunch of expiring, who they can use in SnT. Connaughton and similar. They had to renounce Ilyasova, because deadline is today
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/13...33991?s=20

I know it’s fish but this may have slightly revived my OPJ trade hopes
Like Reply
Illyasova has always intrigued me as a cheap Unicorn Substitute for when KP is out.
Like Reply