Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CONTRACT OPTIONS: THJ Opts In | WCS to opt OUT | Hayward opts OUT
(11-18-2020, 04:16 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: A stretch big 1+1 young cheap reclamation project that resembles a KP skillset, Thon Maker makes a lot of sense.

He doesn't seem to have a lot of fans around the league, but he is also an option. Giles, Hartenstein. J. Hernangomez. Plenty of centers. I just hope they don't bring someone like R.Lopez.
Like Reply
Anyone want Dwight Howard on a "not free" contract. I'm guessing he'll demand a contract too expensive for this boards liking.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 04:19 PM)cow Wrote: Anyone want Dwight Howard on a "not free" contract.  I'm guessing he'll demand a contract too expensive for this boards liking.

Personally not. Since we are not all in, I would rather develop a reclamation project
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 04:23 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 04:19 PM)cow Wrote: Anyone want Dwight Howard on a "not free" contract.  I'm guessing he'll demand a contract too expensive for this boards liking.

Personally not. Since we are not all in, I would rather develop a reclamation project

Problem is that we need contribution from the jump.  I think we need established/cheap instead of a project.

And as interesting as Thon is as a project and I do have a ton of faith in Carlisle and crew and rehabilitating athletic big men, the kid does not rebound AT ALL.  

Not saying you are focusing on Thon, just throwing that out there.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 04:31 PM)cow Wrote: Problem is that we need contribution from the jump.  I think we need established/cheap instead of a project.

I think Mavs need to decide if they are "all in" or in development phase. Since the way they seem to approach last three trade windows show to me we are still in development phase. So bring in a reclamation project and lets see if he develops. We are not talking about complete raw guys here. Hartenstein, for example, posted good numbers wherever he got opportunity. Its just that Houston didn't give him opportunity. Hernangomez was always buried on the bench.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 04:51 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 04:31 PM)cow Wrote: Problem is that we need contribution from the jump.  I think we need established/cheap instead of a project.

I think Mavs need to decide if they are "all in" or in development phase. Since the way they seem to approach last three trade windows show to me we are still in development phase. So bring in a reclamation project and lets see if he develops. We are not talking about complete raw guys here. Hartenstein, for example, posted good numbers wherever he got opportunity. Its just that Houston didn't give him opportunity. Hernangomez was always buried on the bench.

We are certainly in a weird middle ground.  While we aren't a tittle contender and development is great and all but we have no incentive this year not to win.  I'm also thinking Luka is going to be too happy missing the playoffs for the sake of projects.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...0392542208
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 05:00 PM)cow Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 04:31 PM)cow Wrote: Problem is that we need contribution from the jump. I think we need established/cheap instead of a project.

We are certainly in a weird middle ground. While we aren't a tittle contender and development is great and all but we have no incentive this year not to win. I'm also thinking Luka is going to be too happy missing the playoffs for the sake of projects.

Which of our picks to the Knicks is the one with lottery protections? Given the shortened season and KP missing at least a month (i.e. a ton of games), WCS opting out, and Powell coming back from injury (and some all too willing to ship off Maxi), I know it's going to be RC's wet dream (and we'd probably trade for Tucker to play center for us), but we're going to start the season with a putrid record that will be hard to recover from in a strong Western Conference. In other words, I hope it's the '21 that's protected.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 05:10 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I hope it's the '21 that's protected.

You are panicking and it is not the '21, its '23
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 05:10 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:

We are certainly in a weird middle ground.  While we aren't a tittle contender and development is great and all but we have no incentive this year not to win.  I'm also thinking Luka is going to be too happy missing the playoffs for the sake of projects.

Which of our picks to the Knicks is the one with lottery protections? Given the shortened season and KP missing at least a month (i.e. a ton of games), WCS opting out, and Powell coming back from injury (and some all too willing to ship off Maxi), I know it's going to be RC's wet dream (and we'd probably trade for Tucker to play center for us), but we're going to start the season with a putrid record that will be hard to recover from in a strong Western Conference. In other words, I hope it's the '21 that's protected.

'23 is 1-10 protected, '21 is unprotected.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 05:14 PM)cow Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 05:10 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 04:31 PM)cow Wrote: Problem is that we need contribution from the jump. I think we need established/cheap instead of a project.

We are certainly in a weird middle ground. While we aren't a tittle contender and development is great and all but we have no incentive this year not to win. I'm also thinking Luka is going to be too happy missing the playoffs for the sake of projects.

'23 is 1-10 protected, '21 is unprotected.

Ouch. I have a feeling the Knicks are going to get a pretty good pick.
Like Reply
https://www.poundingtherock.com/2020/11/...nd-eubanks
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/stat...2643245057
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Murf56/status/1329218718023503874
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 05:16 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Ouch. I have a feeling the Knicks are going to get a pretty good pick.
What does pretty good mean?
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 07:35 PM)Benskix2 Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 05:16 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Ouch. I have a feeling the Knicks are going to get a pretty good pick.
What does pretty good mean?

Obi Toppin is represented by CAA and Leon Rose's son

rumor is they want to move from 8 to 5 to draft Toppin
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/JaredWeissNBA/status...8382630913
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1329464147256496128
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Please, Mavs. If it's between Hayward and Bogi, please pick Bogi.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 12:46 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Please, Mavs. If it's between Hayward and Bogi, please pick Bogi.

Could be wrong, but if the goal was Hayward or Gallo at any cost, we wouldn't have seen as genuine an effort on the draft. I don't think they're as eager to get older as we have all secretly assumed. 

Maybe they'd snag one of those guys at the right price, but they're not going to be available at the right price. I honestly don't see those guys being the thing.
Like Reply