Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
DRAFT: #18 [Green] & #31 [Terry] & trade for #36 [Tyler Bey]
(11-18-2020, 09:48 PM)DrMav Wrote: Hopefully a trade

I just don't get how they could screw this up so badly. Green is dynamically mediocre. I will be absolutely crushed if there isn't a trade.
Like Reply
I give up.... I mean I like Green... But you had a consensus lotto pick fall to you. You had a high upside guy in Hampton. Heck even Precious has nice potential. 

You take the safe guy. 

It's like they weren't prepared that anyone up top would fall down. They were dead set on Green no matter what.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 09:48 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I CANT BELIEVE IT. WHY ARE THEY ALWAYS TRYING TO BE THE SMARTEST IN THE DAMN ROOM??

JUST TAKE THE FUCKING 6'8 45% 3-D FORWARD FROM A GREAT PROGRAM. BUT NO
I bet the Clippers take him now.

They come away with Kennard and Bey, which would be perfect for us and we end up with Exum 2.0.
Like Reply
Can I get a list of the best players left that are 5'11" or shorter? Got to get ready for the #31 disappointment.
Like Reply
Mavs went back to the Mavs of old. With Brunson they took a guy who was a consensus first rounder that just happened to fall. 

But now Bey falls and they don't take him? My fucking goodness.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 09:50 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 09:48 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I CANT BELIEVE IT. WHY ARE THEY ALWAYS TRYING TO BE THE SMARTEST IN THE DAMN ROOM??

JUST TAKE THE FUCKING 6'8 45% 3-D FORWARD FROM A GREAT PROGRAM. BUT NO
I bet the Clippers take him now.

They come away with Kennard and Bey, which would be perfect for us and we end up with Exum 2.0.

The PIstons are picking at 19:  and they take Bey
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 09:51 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Mavs went back to the Mavs of old. With Brunson they took a guy who was a consensus first rounder that just happened to fall.

There's still hope for a trade....

If they really had Green above Saddiq on their big board, then someone needs to lose their job, period.
Like Reply
Alright lets look forward to 31

C'mooon Woodard or Ty'shon Alexander!
Like Reply
They drafted for someone else....right?
Like Reply
Is there something up with Bey? Like he's falling into the 20s.
Like Reply
Detroit couldn't fucking believe the Mavs passed up on Bey and quickly made a trade to take him.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I’m disappointing bred too but we’re probably overreacting.

If we knew green was the pick before the draft we’d have been happy. We just did it realize Bey would be there.

The difference between them may not actually be that significant.

But I’m sure we’ll be comparing the 2 for years
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 09:53 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 09:51 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Mavs went back to the Mavs of old. With Brunson they took a guy who was a consensus first rounder that just happened to fall.

There's still hope for a trade....

If they really had Green above Saddiq on their big board, then someone needs to lose their job, period.

Someone should have lost there job a long time ago.  We suck at drafting and free agency signings.
Like Reply
Mark Followill just said the Mavs were interested in trading back from 18
Like Reply
I'm hoping still for T.Bey, but his value going up makes the possibility low that we get to draft him.
Like Reply
Followill says the Mavs really like Green.  It's not a trade as far as he knows.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 09:54 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Mark Followill just said the Mavs were interested in trading back from 18

Please, please, please...
Like Reply

I still maintain the sheer dumb luck of Cuban is astonishing. Buys a franchise with Dirk, then gets this idiotic dumb luck with Doncic. Imagine this team with DSJ, Bagley, Green and our FA prowess. It´s almost unfair to all the other FOs like New York that they don´t have Luka fall in their lap and they have to live with Knox, Ntilikina and company, while Cuban gets to pretend to be some savant based on two moves in 20 years, one of which he had no impact on at all.
Like Reply
My guess... Mavs wanted a guy who could play on ball defense on guards and smaller wings. DFS and Bey overlap.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 09:55 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Followill says the Mavs really like Green. It's not a trade as far as he knows.

If they like him better than Saddiq Bey, then they stupid.
Like Reply