Poll: Who will win the game? (Lakers 1.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
80.00%
24 80.00%
Lakers
20.00%
6 20.00%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
GAME 5: LAL Refs (4-1) @ DAL (3-2) | 110-119 OT loss | NBA admits missed call
Heart 
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1189399671644573698
Like Reply
This will be the win that starts the buzz.
" I always wanted to be a basketball player. Nothing more, nothing less." - Dirk Nowitzki
Like Reply
I got the Mavs on this one
Like Reply
I will be there to witness the beat down of the Lakers... Cool
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
As long as AD doesn't have 40 and 20 in 3 quarters we will be alright.
Like Reply
depth vs not depth
Like Reply
(10-30-2019, 09:56 AM)bin610 Wrote: As long as AD doesn't have 40 and 20 in 3 quarters we will be alright.

For sure! That was insane. 18 FTs in the third alone!
Like Reply
A nationally televised game to showcase the duo of Doncic-Porzingis and the Mavs team + the beat down of the Lakers as the cream on the cake!

What else can you ask for? Can't wait for the game.

GO MAVS!
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply
(10-30-2019, 09:07 AM)jdb152 Wrote: This will be the win that starts the buzz.

This needs to be a statement win. Mavs took Portland to the end of their ropes, and managed to beat the powerhouse Denver on their own floor on the backs of their depth.

Beating Lebron and Davis should tell the league that the Mavs are here this year. 

And I hope Luka bounces back strong this game. He performed quite terribly last year against the Lakers posting averages of 15.7ppg, 6.3rpg, and 4.7apg on 36%/29%/66.7% with an ORTG of 98 and DRTG of 104. Having Luka bounce back and put up numbers in a win against the Lakers would be amazing.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I never would have felt this with past Mavs teams, but the best approach might very well be to look to outscore them.  This is not your father's Mavs team!
Like Reply
Rebounding will be really important in this matchup. Lakers are a big team. We can't allow them to feast on many second chance opportunities. 

I think this is a game where Jackson should get some time. He's quietly been really efficient and his size is a plus.
Like Reply
Let's hope Powell has warmed up by then. In the past he was a matchup Nightmare for Anthony Davis.

Finney Smith or Maxi probably will check LeBron.

I think this is the team to go

Zinger, Powell, Maxi, Curry, Luka

I hope Luka isn't ill. It would definitely explain his conditioning issues. He lacks stamina for the level of energy he has to spend per minute. Defenders throw everything at him and are very physical.

Early shotclock and trash shots and lack of driving are only a problem early in a game. It.occurs in the 3rd and ,4th mainly then it is a conditioning problem and or chemistry problem when guys stop playing together.

I doubt it is a mental problem.
Like Reply
(10-30-2019, 11:29 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Zinger, Powell, Maxi, Curry, Luka

I don't think that lineup will ever see the floor

I just watched the full highlights for the last Lakers game. Watching LBJ reminded me of something I've thought before. LeBron is Luka's closest player comp.
Like Reply
Yeah I think the last game helped to establish that we need a PG starting next to Luka. 
I'd prefer Wright but you could talk me into Brunson
Like Reply
Y'all gonna jinx the Mavs. We need some VP vibe.
Like Reply
(10-30-2019, 02:26 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Y'all gonna jinx the Mavs. We need some VP vibe.

I'm approaching this game as a free-be, I wanted 1-2 at least out of this group of 3 games. We got the 1, so even if the Lakers win, I'm happy with this stretch. I'm amazed if we go 2-1, and I'm really happy if we lose by playing them like the POR game...to the end in a nail-biter.
Like Reply
I like our chances being at home. I think we win by 3-5 points.
Like Reply
The easiest of easy wins!!!!

Things to watch:
  • Luka should bounce back after a bad game.
  • Will we see our "final" rotation with DP playing full starter minutes? Probably not, because Lakers usually start twin towers in McGee and AD and I'm fairly certain Maxi can deal better with that matchup. KP on AD, Maxi on McGee.
  • BOBAN?!?
  • Put pressure on LeBron: He runs point, but is not interested to spend too much energy. Pick him up full-court and throw different defenders at him.
  • Win the bench fight by a mile: Lakers have the 24th best bench in the NBA and Mavs should hold a decisive advantage here even if Kuzma returns and deepens their rotation.
  • Find ways to score: Mavs must work hard against one of the better defenses in the league. We have firepower though, trailing only the Clippers in offensive rating.
  • Play fast, get in transition: Mavs pace is below average, fast break point a little above average. For all the talk that this team might speed up things a little bit, they sure walk it up a lot, especially with Doncic on the court. I'd like to see them running more, they have the players to do so and the passers that can find them.
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...5619306498
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(10-30-2019, 06:03 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...5619306498

May he be as effective as Powell was  Big Grin.

I think it will be close at the end.

Luka can match any other star in this league for end of the game clutchness.

Plus the more Kuzma shoots, the less AD or LeChina shoots.
Like Reply